Welcome to Gaia! ::

Prophet

That'd be great. The final number can be recalculated very easily, so the more sources the better.

Goosies Moosies's Husband

Grumpy Feesh

Okies.

ยท Junk Caught

Big Old Tire: 13396
Old Boot: 13498
Old Can: 14981

Total Junk: 41875
Total Score: 164330

Prophet

Thank you muchly, Gaidin. blaugh
eek For about the 1st time ever... I didn't think of something I wanted to think of when I was showering. rofl I guess I'll try tomorrow mornin' when I'm sat in bed and my shower tomorrow then. whee One way or another I want to make something new or improved in this thread. domokun Also, seeing as the more results, the more accurate the final results... here are my more updated Junk stats... smile

Big Old Tire: 11911
Old Boot: 12042
Old Can: 13170

Total Junk: 37123
Total Score: 145974

Fashionable Hoarder

<.<

le suckiness

tire: 7719 boot: 7653 can: 8684
total junk: 24056, score: 94294

Prophet

Some of the math is done formating - I'll be adding the equations to qualify by and the normalized/potential equations first as my own shorthand for such things. Once I'm satisfied with what's there I'll translate them into the neat format you see for the rest of the equations. 3nodding
This is confusing

Prophet

What about it in particular confuses you? I'm available to explain anything that isn't clear. 3nodding
I showed mine in the last Junk forum. xD
Need it again? I don't mind at all. whee
Amazing sourcecode! Does it run when I try to compile it?
<< Meh don't have a Java compiler at the moment... xp
Is must do for Domain Name to have got all those results. whee

Prophet

esthersza
Amazing sourcecode! Does it run when I try to compile it?
<< Meh don't have a Java compiler at the moment... xp
It shouldn't. You'll need to have a main method (which I personally wrote in a separate class) to make it actually do anything. I uploaded a new version just now that is a bit more flexible than the previous, since you can tell it what you want to filter in a more complete way.

Here's an example of a main method if you're curious. Gaia stole my indentation, but you should be able to figure it out if you know Java.
public static void main(String[] args)
{
int NumBuckets = 1000000; //Note! 1,000,000 is a lot of buckets. I do this many when I'm working out final numbers, but it takes a while to run. If you're just testing stuff out, scale back to 100,000 or 10,000.

double[] Filter = { 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 } //Chance to filter Junk, Small, Medium, Large, Rare.

Bucket bucket = new Bucket(0,0) //Create a new Bucket
for (int Bait = 0; Bait < 3; Bait++) //Iterate over F, D, and A Bait
{
bucket.SetBaitLevel (Bait) //Set the bait level
for (int Cast = 30; Cast <= 100; Cast += 5) //Iterate over a bunch of cast distances
{
bucket.SetCastDistance (Cast) //Set the cast distance
bucket.FishBuckets (NumBuckets, Filter) //Fish a bunch of buckets with the given filter
System.out.println (bucket.toShortString ()) //Output the results
bucket.Clear () //Clear the buckets fished.
}
}
}

The more the merrier, K. Do share, if you'd like to. 3nodding

Prophet

Back to ye first page. ninja
So the pirate captain walks into the bar, and he has the ship's wheel stuck to his groin. The bartender looks over at him and says:

"Captain, that looks painful."

The captain nods, and replies: "Arr, it's drivin' me nuts."

[/Official Talk-Like-a-Pirate-Day Joke]

Now with that out of my system - I'm trying to decypher the purpose of this information. Obviously this is intended for people hell-bent on beating the fishing bots, and actually winning a trophy, but I'm not quite certain what, exactly, it's conveying. Help me out here, or I'll tell another pirate joke.

~I

Prophet

I'll do my best to explain. Let's consider a small sample:

Bass'ken Powerfishing
F Bait
Optimal Cast Length: 70ft
Cast Length.........Average Score..............Average Casts.....................Speed.........
030....................48.762288....................112.61198....................14.43371833

This row is for F bait in while Bass'ken powerfishing (that is, catching everything you hook) and casting out to exactly 30ft every cast. A bit unrealistic? yeah, but it's a reasonable approximation of consistantly casting around 30ft. Maybe in a future version I'll include some jitter to help iron out problem points...

In any case, the second column is average score. This is the average score of the fish you'd catch from the given bucket. This is for Bass'ken, so I assume you want to know Bass'ken score (that is, 6pts per guppy, 16pts per bass, 26pts per striper, and 0pts for junk and rares).

The third column is average casts to fill your bucket. Since this cast is so incredibly small, the number is very high due to blank casts.

The speed is a measure of how many points per foot reeled you are expected to gain. Actually, I just realized the values for filtering are lower than they should be - that will be corrected sometime in the next week as I fiddle around with the program. whee

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff