Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shameless Exhibitionist

7,900 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • PvP 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
I've been thinking; why don't they have a downgrade option at The Ole Fishing Hole? I wanted to make trout capes, and I had over 50 of each Tuna, but not enough trout. If there had been a downgrade option, I could have had my trout capes by now. Sure, there are user-made downgrading fish threads in the exchange forum, but a lot of them don't have an even 10-for-1 fish downgrading system, they all go based on MP fish value and personal value to create the downgrade/trade rates.
Yes, I can see there would be a slight problem with current MP costs of goldfish and guppies and would most likely cause slight inflation of bassken fish in the MP, but I think overall it would be a good idea.

Gambino Cultist

13,900 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Champion 300
Dr Murdoc Faust Niccals
I've been thinking; why don't they have a downgrade option at The Ole Fishing Hole? I wanted to make trout capes, and I had over 50 of each Tuna, but not enough trout. If there had been a downgrade option, I could have had my trout capes by now. Sure, there are user-made downgrading fish threads in the exchange forum, but a lot of them don't have an even 10-for-1 fish downgrading system, they all go based on MP fish value and personal value to create the downgrade/trade rates.
Yes, I can see there would be a slight problem with current MP costs of goldfish and guppies and would most likely cause slight inflation of bassken fish in the MP, but I think overall it would be a good idea.

This has been brought up quite a few times and it is agreed that it is a bad idea. The purpose of the exchange is to 'upgrade' what you have to get something better and trading down would allow a massive amount of small fish into the market. It is because of this sudden availability to small fish that the fishing market would see a deflation.

Imagine catching a rare fish and trading it down to small fish. Sudenly you 1,000 more guppies. Assume dozens of people do the same to take advantage of the high prices; the market will quickly decline and soon all of the fish have no value.

Nice idea, but it should not be done unless Gaia wants to upset a lot of people.

Shameless Exhibitionist

7,900 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • PvP 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
Sir Zoid
Dr Murdoc Faust Niccals

This has been brought up quite a few times and it is agreed that it is a bad idea. The purpose of the exchange is to 'upgrade' what you have to get something better and trading down would allow a massive amount of small fish into the market. It is because of this sudden availability to small fish that the fishing market would see a deflation.

Imagine catching a rare fish and trading it down to small fish. Sudenly you 1,000 more guppies. Assume dozens of people do the same to take advantage of the high prices; the market will quickly decline and soon all of the fish have no value.

Nice idea, but it should not be done unless Gaia wants to upset a lot of people.

While I can understand this, I think the fish prices (or at least guppies and goldfish) can go down a bit. 200-300 per guppy and goldfish? Bass are cheaper than that, and they're made up of 10 guppies. For anyone questing a Bassken rare, they can't use guppies or buy them since they're more expensive than Bass, and it's more beneficial to sell them to make gold than to turn 10 of them into Bass.

Gambino Cultist

13,900 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Champion 300
The only problem is that the bassken smalls aren't the only fish that will lose value. Also, I don't think anyone is complaining about the inflated small fish (especially those going for rares) since you can sell the small fish and use the gold to buy large ones.

The fishing items are to show prestige in fishing. If you really want those trout capes just keep working at it. They will feel more precious to you if you put more time and effort into it.

Explorer

10,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
i think catching 10 smalls takes a lot more time and effort than catching 1 medium and catching 10 mediums than catching 1 Large..

so it would not be fair to exchange something with less effort to get to something you need more effort to get.. prices don't matter here it's just based on supply and demand.. so the idea of downgrading is not feasible.. biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff