Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Do you want Angelic Bait?

YES 0.52238805970149 52.2% [ 35 ]
NO! 0.1044776119403 10.4% [ 7 ]
Maybe, but only if it GUARANTEES A RARE FISH! 0.22388059701493 22.4% [ 15 ]
Interesting proposition, but Gaia would never implement it BECAUSE THEY DONT WANT ME TO GET A RARE LIKE EVER!. 0.14925373134328 14.9% [ 10 ]
Total Votes:[ 67 ]
1 2 >

Hello!

Lets get real for a second, we all love Rare Fish, the only problem is that unless you are a billionaire or are one of the few blessed souls who legitimately caught one... Chances are that you're never going to get one yourself.

Anyway, so after reading a few threads about Rare Fish and seeing how statically improbable for run of the mill fishers such as myself would be to catch one, ever. After a few moments, I cooked up a great idea that would surely spice things up in Gaia's Fishing.

ANGELIC BAIT!

Angelic Bait would work exactly like regular A grade Bait, except for the fact that it would increase the chances of getting a "lucky bucket" from 5000 to 1 to just 500 to 1. Thus not guaranteeing you a Rare by itself, but would definitely give you a way better chance of getting one.

Angelic Bait should not be bought in any store in Gaia (except via the marketplace or exchanged/bought from another user).

Angelic Bait should only be awarded to you by Logan himself after X amount of full completed buckets... 100 buckets sounds like a reasonable enough number for avid fishers to get and its also a reasonable number to make it quite scarce and a very sought out item, like any item with "Angelic" status should be.

Maybe after completing 1000 buckets, Logan should then give you an "Angelic Bait +" which would lower the chances of getting a rare fish in your bucket much further to 1/100 or even 1/50!! I mean, if you've already fish over 18,000 fish and not seen any rares... it's only fair to give you that chance, right?

So what do you guys think about this idea? Yes? No? Maybe?

Please discuss.

Moderators: I'm very sorry if this thread has been done before, I tried to search for it, but I couldn't find anything. Please close this if needed.

Bloodthirsty Man-Lover

Quote:
Angelic Bait should not be bought in any store in Gaia (except via the marketplace or exchanged/bought from another user).

Angelic Bait should only be awarded to you by Logan himself after X amount of full completed buckets... 100 buckets sounds like a reasonable enough number for avid fishers to get and its also a reasonable number to make it quite scarce and a very sought out item, like any item with "Angelic" status should be.

This is what I really am liking. I actually really love this idea. I agree with after X amount of buckets, you get the bait, and only 1 every time you get it granted. The numbers of the chances shouldn't go past the 1/500. This way it's much higher chances of a lucky bucket happening, but not so that it's going to be a magical guaranteed rare caught, just a lot nicer chances.

I don't really agree however with the Angelic + bait, there should only be 1 new type of bait that goes along as I stated already that nothing going past 1/500 chances.

Kid-Jak-A-Lynn's Husband

Diamond Diamond

42,050 Points
  • Glacial Champion 350
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Level 10 250
I love this Idea and having it granted off of buckets might be a problem how about at fish totals like the angelic rod

100 buckets = 1800 fish

4,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Champion 300
  • Member 100
Interesting idea, my first thought was being granted an Angelic bait for every 100 buckets might be excessive, since I've fished 100 buckets a day during competition, and many trophy fishers fish at least 50 per day.

But take an average of 20 'Ang' bait per month per fisher in the top five each board, would be about 500 bait plus another 500-1000 for everyone else, so somewhere between 2 or maybe 3 extra rare fish might be generated per month. It's just a guesstimate of course.

I imagine if anyone had these baits they'd save them to use at Durem, so most of the 'extra' rares would be Lionbacks, but given the demand currently from Alchemy I doubt this would do much harm.

Lucky Hoarder

74,775 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Just a small concern with this idea: If buckets were considered for awarding such bait, wouldn't people just save and quit after the first catch to get to 100 buckets faster? I am not sure if there was a way the system could detect if said buckets are full or not, but it would probably be tedious to program. Maybe instead of buckets fished it could be based on fishes caught?

Kid-Jak-A-Lynn's Husband

Diamond Diamond

42,050 Points
  • Glacial Champion 350
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Level 10 250
Flux
Just a small concern with this idea: If buckets were considered for awarding such bait, wouldn't people just save and quit after the first catch to get to 100 buckets faster? I am not sure if there was a way the system could detect if said buckets are full or not, but it would probably be tedious to program. Maybe instead of buckets fished it could be based on fishes caught?

This is why i suggest using total number of fish

100 buckets = 1800 fish

Wealthy Genius

11,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Profitable 100
  • Market Browser 100
No guaranteed rare fish, but like a 10% chance on a rare fish?

Bloodthirsty Man-Lover

wagnas
10% is still quite high for chances for something such as a rare fish.

Wealthy Genius

11,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Profitable 100
  • Market Browser 100
Shirlox
wagnas

5% then. biggrin

Bloodthirsty Man-Lover

wagnas
Shirlox
wagnas

5% then. biggrin
My issue with a bait that ups the chances of catching rares is that I still don't want to see it go even above 1% chances. Rares should still be considered rare, although my earlier stated ideal new chance with this bait would be 1/500, it'd still be a lot better at .002% than the current .0002%.

Loyal Elder

You mean make it so Gaia can't make money off of it? No sir.

Deathly Protagonist

50,415 Points
  • Charging Power 75
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • ReAnimated 50
Eflow Nivek
You mean make it so Gaia can't make money off of it? No sir.

I prefer some new gold based bait, just as it always been. That or earn it just as the thread suggests.

Bashful Bookworm

To limit it to avid fishers they could make it another 75,000 fish past what you need for the angelic rod plus and make it only compatible with the angelic rod or angelic rod plus. Maybe grant it every X amount of fish after that so you can't buy and stockpile them at will, but it's also not a one time grant.

Questing Alchemist

39,425 Points
  • Exciting Experiment 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Master Converter 500
An interesting idea with an interesting grant mechanism.

I'd probably still never see a rare with the increased chances though.
Stephnananana
To limit it to avid fishers they could make it another 75,000 fish past what you need for the angelic rod plus and make it only compatible with the angelic rod or angelic rod plus. Maybe grant it every X amount of fish after that so you can't buy and stockpile them at will, but it's also not a one time grant.
Not everyone prefers to use an AR/AR+ even after earning one though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff