Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Prunny's King

Undead Labtech

71,825 Points
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Welcome back, friends!

The time has come yet again to pay tribute to our favorite mad science masterminds, those notorious nerds -- the LabTechs!

Since as far back as 2004, the LabTechs have made some of Gaia's finest events possible: from the Grombie invasion and the outbreak of Grunnies, to the events of zOMG, all the way up to last Halloween's Lab area in Lake Kindred. If it weren't for them tampering with dangerous forces beyond their control, Gaia simply wouldn't be Gaia!

So strap on your labcoat and grab your Grunny-handling gloves! It's time to party like everyone's locked in the Gambino mansion! We've got genetically modified refreshments, games to play and contests to win.
And as always -- there's science to be done!

LabTech Week will run from May 8th to May 14th!

Space blobs? Don't worry about the space blobs.
As they say, "everything is fine".
We'll make sure of it.

(...BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY.)

Handsome Flashback

User Image
  • Please follow the Gaia online TOS at all times!

• Respect your fellow LabTechs and the staff here in the event thread!

• Please do NOT quote any posts from the first page
    (It's spam and shows that you didn't bother to read the rules)

• Must follow contest rules in order to be eligible to win prizes

• Have fun! This event is being hosted so you can show off your LabTech pride!

User Image
Fail to abide by the rules and
Bucho here will show you the door.

Handsome Flashback

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
The original team of LabTechs hired by Mister Gambino to work on his devious plans.
Their work ultimately resulted in their deaths and then reanimation by the G-virus
as well as the accidental creation of the first of many Grunny parasites.
Everyone was eventually zombified and then obliterated by the silent flash protocol
that decimated the Gambino mansion and all infected Gaians within.

To learn more about the fate of the LabTechs, visit the G CORP guild.

User ImageUser Image
LabTech123 is the only LabTech to survive the the original Zombie outbreak.
He was later tasked by Gino Gambino to resume his work at G CORP
and was successful in recreating the G-virus, creating hundreds of infectious
Grunny parasites in the process.

After the Gambino Event, he then joined up with NeXuS Corp,
handing out Ghi Rings and salvaging alien Biochips under the name of Frank.

User ImageUser Image
The infamous man known as LabTech X, as mysterious as he is maniacal.
X is responsible for the release of the Grunny parasite
and the resulting Grombie outbreak.

He later returned with a new plan, complete with a new Corp
and a powerful robot...

To learn more about LabTech X, visit the LabTech X fanthread.

User Image
A "genetic surgeon" formerly employed by G CORP.
LabTech Gene seemingly survived some incidents at G CORP
that claimed the lives of his colleagues. Gene was eventually drawn into
the Timmy plot-line and is now covered in hair, like a salty scientific Sasquatch.

User Image
LabTech Rory was once a LabTech at G CORP, resurrected in a spectral state by the events at OMNI-DRINK.

Handsome Flashback

One of the most important parts of LabTech Week is dressing like a LabTech!
It is a requirement to win any participation prizes this week, so we suggest you get on it if you plan on working in any of our events.
But how do I dress like a LabTech? you might be wondering.
Some of our top scientists have put together this handy-dandy guide to help you out!

Do not worry, you will be conducting your own top secret experiments in no time!

G CORP CERTIFIED EQUIPMENT
User ImageUser ImageUser Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image
User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image
User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Every good scientist knows a lab coat is required to perform any kind of scientific endeavor.
It is also the most key item when creating your own lab tech avatar.
Luckily for us, Gaia has many lab coats to choose from.

We have found a few lab coats to select from. Of course, there could easily be more, you will just have to find them!

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Scientific Equipment, Instruments, Glassware and Tools
We LabTechs must occasionally perform scientific operations with our very own scientific equipment! These are just a few sciencey things to choose from! There are obviously more, you just have to find them! These are not required items to look like a lab tech.

Eye safety is very important to the average LabTech. Please make sure you are aware of the eye washing stations around the facility. It could save your life. There are many goggles to choose from. Please click the below pair of goggles to be directed to all the Goggles on Gaia.
User Image

LabTechs needs to keep more than just their eyes safe! They need gloves to help stop the spread of infection and medical masks to keep them from getting the virus. You may also want to wear an apron and scrubs. Click on any of the following images to see a selection of these items.
User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Flasks, Beakers, and test tubes are available to all LabTechs.
User Image User Image User Image

What is a scientist without his or her tools of the trade? Here are some of the sciencey experiment items we found across Gaia.
User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

On... occasion some of our... ahem... coworkers have started a zombie outbreak. G-Corp is not at fault for these few scenarios, but it is something that happens sometimes. We do have to occasionally fight off the Zombie Hoards here at G-Corp. It's nothing to be concerned about, of course! Merely a fact of life. For that reason, we thought we might collect a few Zombie-related items for you all. There are of course lots more.

Handsome Flashback

What would honor the many LabTech NPCs of gaia more than immortalizing them in wonderful fanart? Maybe world domination! Anyone with a knack for art should enter this contest and show off your skills! You can draw an image of any of Gaia's many LabTech NPCs!

How to enter?
  • Make beautiful artwork featuring one of Gaia's many labtech NPCs! (see the labtech history post above for inspiration!)
  • Upload your art work to an image-hosting website. (Tiny pic, photobucket, tumblr, literally whatever)
  • Head over to this thread and post your work!

Prizes
First Place:
User Image LabTech Resurrection Bundle, User Image Zombie G CORP Labcoat, User Image NEW! IMPROVED! GROMBIE!, User Image Rabuteku Ekkusu Scarf, and User Image Shovel The Evil Dead
Second Place:
User Image [Exclusive] Heart of the Nexus, User Image Human G CORP Labcoat, User Image NEW! IMPROVED! GROMBIE!, and User Image Fresh to Scarlet Death
Third Place:
User Image Delicate Cottontail, User Image Human G CORP Labcoat, and User Image NEW! IMPROVED! GROMBIE!

This for all you character creators out there. We want you to design your own original LabTech character and then write a little background Bio about him or her.

So put your tekteking and story writing abilities to the test!

Entries will be judged on originality.

How to enter?
  • Screencap your own avatar to create a Labtech Character
  • Write a little bio, or story about him or her to give us a good idea what his or her character is like. This can be any thing from a journal entry to a simple bio to a little short story. Whatever you feel like doing.
  • There is no exact format for this. Please try to be as creative as possible.
  • Post your entry in this thread! Make sure to include the image, and the story!

Prizes
First Place:
User Image LabTech Resurrection Bundle, User Image Zombie G CORP Labcoat, User Image NEW! IMPROVED! GROMBIE!, User Image Rabuteku Ekkusu Scarf, and User Image Shovel The Evil Dead
Second Place:
User Image Did You Know With Courage, User Image Human G CORP Labcoat, User Image NEW! IMPROVED! GROMBIE!, and User Image Fresh to Death
Third Place:
User Image Curious Rabbitan, User Image Human G CORP Labcoat, and User Image NEW! IMPROVED! GROMBIE!

[Animal] Experiments! This is for the paw avatar creators! Design your own labtech experiment using the paw base!

How to enter?
  • Screencap your own avatar to create an experiment
  • Write a little bio, or story about your experiment to give us a good idea what type of testing it has gone through. This can be any thing from a journal entry to a simple bio to a little short story. Whatever you feel like doing.
  • There is no exact format for this. Please try to be as creative as possible.
  • Post your entry in this thread! Make sure to include the image, and the story!

Prizes
First Place:
User Image LabTech Resurrection Bundle, User Image Zombie G CORP Labcoat, User Image NEW! IMPROVED! GROMBIE!, User Image Rabuteku Ekkusu Scarf, and User Image [Animal] J-Corp Experiment 410546
Second Place:
User Image Did You Know With Courage, User Image Human G CORP Labcoat, User Image NEW! IMPROVED! GROMBIE!, and User Image [Animal] Brisk Manner
Third Place:
User Image Curious Rabbitan, User Image Human G CORP Labcoat, and User Image NEW! IMPROVED! GROMBIE!

A two sentence story is an ultra-short story that is composed of, you guessed it: two sentences. It's a popular writing exercise. The most common genre is horror, but there are some comedic ones as well!

We thought this would be an excellent chance to give writers an opportunity to enjoy LTW!

Contest hosted by lucky7seven.

How to Enter
  • Your story can only be only two sentences long.
  • You need to fall within one of the two themes : horror or comedy
  • Plagiarism will lead to an instant disqualification.
  • You can write one story for each category with two entries in total but you can only win in one category each .
  • Post your entry in this thread!

(prizes)
grand prize
(Mad Science Bundle, Labtech ID, one of each Acinonyx, Gutsy Adoration,SDPlus #131 G-Corp Labtech ,and Kinded Grunny)

comedy(Decayed Venom For You ,Green Acinonyx, SDPlus #131 G-Corp Labtech and a Mad Science Bundle)

Horror(Classic Numb Skulls,Pink Acinonyx, SDPlus #131 G-Corp Labtech and a Mad Science Bundle)

runner ups( one each Criminalistics Science )

With seven days of LabTech Week going on, we were hoping to give out a daily prize to folks simply for posting in this thread while dressing like a LabTech.

To be eligible to win you must post in this thread and be dressed like a LabTech!

THAT'S IT!

The Prizes:
We will be giving out one User Image NEW! IMPROVED! GROMBIE! a day.

Sunday: PrincessTeala
Monday: LabTech Deusy
Tuesday: Kuroshix
Wednesday: Labtech Campas
Thursday: Airayasha
Friday: NaughtyNaughty SunShine
Saturday:Zanethemayor

At the end of the week, one lucky person will receive: User Image [Exclusive] Heart of the Nexus, User Image Delicate Cottontail, User Image NEW! IMPROVED! GROMBIE! AND User Image Rabuteku Ekkusu Scarf.

Week Winner: WilyKitKat001

Think you are a science genius? Does your team always win on trivia night? Were you ever on jeopardy?

This might be the event for you!

WE HAVE SOME RANDOM SCIENCE QUESTIONS FOR YOU! We will post them pop-quiz style! First to get the answer correctly, will receive a small prize, and a point!

Our TOP Trivia player (the person with the most winning answers) will receive the GRAND PRIZE at the end of the event!

Trivia Winners
Airayasha: 11
PrincessTeala: 4
NaughtyNaughty SunShine: 4
Wuzui: 3
LabTech Deusy: 2
Ailinor: 2
WilyKitKat001: 2
Hassli: 1
Twizted Child Eve: 1
AnneLaurant: 1
Shrimp_Man: 1
Labtech Campas: 1
Salathielly: 1
Zanethemayor: 1

When you hear the sirens for a containment breach, it means one of our... experiments has escaped! It is time to catch a grunny before it gets too far! Once the announcement is posted in the thread, quote it and roll a single 20-sided die!

On a 20, the crisis is averted! You successfully captured the grunny!

On a 1, you get bitten by the grunny. Oh, don't worry. I know plenty of people who survived a G-Virus exposure and are living perfectly normal lives.... as zombies.

You may keep rolling until somebody gets a 20! Prizes will always be grunny-related!

Since everyone is going to be looking so amazing, we figured it might be fun to have a couple Flash Space Meetups! So, every other day we can choose a place to meet and run around as Lab Techs!

IT'S GONNA BE CRAZY!

We had a lot of fun win this last year!

We're going to be meeting three times during the week!

When: Monday May 9th, 9pm-10pm EST (Time Zone Converter)
    Host: Salathielly
    Where: Inside the Gambino Mansion on Isle de Gambino
    User Image
    How do I get there?: Click here. Go to the World Map and click on Isle de Gambino. Once there, head for the steps of the mansion and follow the arrow inside.
    THEME: Grunnies! Come as an "I AM" Grunny, equip as many Grunnies as you can on your avatar, or make your best humanoid Grunny!
    What if I show up and I can't find anyone?: You can either keep reloading until you get into the right instance, or you can add one of us as a friend and show up that way.

When: Wednesday, May 11th, 6pm to 9pm EST (Time Zone Converter)
    Host: Blueduskrose
    Where: Gambino Mansion Steps
    User Image
    How do I get there?: Head to the steps I'll have just loaded or be waiting there.
    THEME: Zombie/Grombie Invasion
    What if I show up and I can't find anyone?: You can either keep reloading until you get into the right instance, or you can add one of us as a friend and show up that way.

When: Saturday, May 14th, 7pm to 10pm EST (Time Zone Converter)
    Host: Blueduskrose
    Where: Gold Beach Bonfire area
    User Image
    How do I get there?: Click on the phone and click the map locations tab and then go to gold beach. I will have just loaded or be waiting there.
    THEME: G-corp Labtech Beach Party

We have so much fun during the flash space meetups that we want to give rewards for the best screen shots!

How to enter

Prizes
Funniest:
User Image Curious Rabbitan, User Image Funny Business, andUser Image NEW! IMPROVED! GROMBIE!
Most Grunny:
User Image [Exclusive] Heart of the Nexus, User Image Kindred Blood Grunny, and User Image NEW! IMPROVED! GROMBIE!
Most Zombie:
User Image Delicate Cottontail,User Image Zombioe Costume Bundle, andUser Image NEW! IMPROVED! GROMBIE!
Most Beachy:
User Image Did You Know With Courage, User Image Lovely Beach Spot, andUser Image NEW! IMPROVED! GROMBIE!
Best in Show:
User Image LabTech Resurrection Bundle, User Image Rabuteku Ekkusu Scarf, and User Image NEW! IMPROVED! GROMBIE!

Handsome Flashback

We are very lucky to have three wonderful artists giving out art freebies this year for Lab Tech Week! Please feel free to take advantage of their amazing skills!

Be kind to our artists. They are giving their time to this event.

AnneLaurant
Dos: There are no problems with males, females, fursonas, avi art, and OC art.
Don'ts: There may be difficulty doing pieces with too much detail or clutter.
Samples: [X] [X]
Notes: Inquiries on any other item not listed above are encouraged. In addition, this artist would like to be quoted, and may refuse if there are too many requests on queue.

[quote="AnneLaurant"][/quote]
[b]Reference[/b]:
[b]Bust or Chibi Fullbody?[/b]:
[b]Other Notes:[/b]

Freaque of Nature
Dos: Males, OCs, demons,
Don'ts: Girls, clutter, animals
Samples:
User Image User Image User Image
Notes: Please quote me here. I'll be able to keep track of the requests better.
If I draw you I will quote you in the main labtech thread, but I will have all art drawn displayed in that thread.

Ren Orenji Doragon
Dos: Avatars, OCs, Furries
Don'ts: Just please don't request super-duper complicated things, okay? ;w;
Samples: http://imgur.com/61mj8Iz // http://imgur.com/oQFf6NV // http://imgur.com/6e1gYa4
Notes: G-Corp/NeXuS themed characters get priority on my list due to this event, so get creative! When you're ready to request art from me, please use this form!
[b]"[color=darkorange]Lookout! Another teleporter![/color]"[/b]

[b]"[color=skyblue]Who is it?[/color]"[/b]

[quote="Ren Orenji Doragon"][b]"[color=teal]Who am I? I'm the shadow of the man to whom you all bend your knee. I am progeny ex machina. Simply put, I'm death insurance.[/color]"[/b][/quote]
[i]I've been through this before, I just want art![/i]
[spoiler][b]Image reference:[/b] [img](photobucket, imgur, imgbox)[/img]
[b]Description:[/b] (optional)[/spoiler]

VV o l f e h
Dos: Everything
Don'ts: Clutter
Samples: ✓ ✓ ✓
Notes: I prefer drawing sexy things~ Also I will be doing just sketches.

Handsome Flashback

User Image
Username: Pie
Species: Fairy
Likes: Science, research, technology -- you could call her a "human otaku" -- LabTech X, Ghi, the Animated, medicine, pacifism, cooking
Dislikes: Hurting people, taking sides, jokes about anyone trying to eat her
Bio: A renowned healer with an unusually strong affinity with Ghi. During the 2008 Animated outbreak she was one of the early leaders in the resistance against NeXuS. Despite being a pacifist, she was considered invaluable in neutralizing LabTech X's mecha due to her shields and healing being strong enough to block its death lasers. Since then, though, her loyalty has wavered from the resistance: She's dedicated herself to researching the Biosphere and Animated, and has pledged her services to X. You can find her working overtime as a blatant mole at G Corp.

User Image
Username: The Iron Magus
Species: Variable
Likes: Order, science, fine food and drink, stylish clothes, travel
Dislikes: Chaos, messes, fighting
Bio: After retiring from his position as leader of the Gaians in Black, The Iron Magus, better known as TIM, spent some time traveling the world and taking a well-earned vacation. He returned a new man--much more relaxed than before, and with an appreciation for the finer things in life. Thanks to an experimental treatment from G-Corp, his grombification is well under control (mostly), though with some minor side effects--his unstable DNA now causes him to change appearance, gender, and even species on a regular basis. Fortunately, he's taken these changes in stride, and seeks to live each day to the fullest now that he's back among the living.

User Image

Username: Yeata Zi
Species: Some kind of red devil succubus thing
Likes: SCIENCE, NPCs, Zurg, Nyx, spray painting "GAMBINO SUCKS" on a certain golden statue, hot tea.
Dislikes: Gambinos (SUCK IT, MAGUS!), and brussel sprouts.
Bio: Zi ran Section 13 at the GiB for some time from 2007 until 2012 when she took over running the Gaians in Black in full. In those years she headed many experiments stolen from G-Corp. She is very pleased to now be working for Legion X, and not having to go through nearly as much red tape as she had to in her GiB days. Those GIB dudes has consciences, Legion X doesn't. The freedom is nice. She also works her alter ego as a mild mannered reporter grumpy editor for her very own trashy user-run NPC gossip magazine, Paparazzi.

User Image
Username: xcrimsonlegendx
Species: Prombie
Likes: Science (Preferably the mad variety), undead minions, teleportation, test tubes, labcoats, aliens, beast-folk, sentient piles of goop, ham, kissing, kissing ham, pink underwear, parasitic lab animals, pink underwear on parasitic lab animals.
Dislikes: The "good guys", onions, the loneliness of alternate dimensions, ingrown toenails, lies, single-ply toilet paper, ham-free zones.
Bio: Crimson is a dedicated Labtech and a "Prombie", the first and last of his kind. He toils away endlessly in the name of his BFF LabtechX to bring about the end of life as you know it and have fun doing so!

User Image
Username: Salathielly
Species: Kisungura
Dislikes: Things with more than four legs in my personal space
Bio: I joined Gaia in 2007, which means I unfortunately missed the early events and plot. I still think Lab Techs and Grunnies are among the best parts of Gaia's history, though. I own all of the Grunny/Prunny kins and have trained each of them to level 50! I love NPCs and user-run events.

User Image
Username: Shrimp_Man
Species: Grombie
Likes: Russell Ace, Kins, performing unregulated lab experiments, Russell Ace
Dislikes: Haters, people who are convinced Gaia is out to get them, having every event be about Durem... ninja
Bio: Shrimpie has managed to fall victim to each and every species change except for the original Zombie outbreak. This, and his obsession with finding out just what Labtech X was doing in the undersea lab has meant that he has an obsessive need to carry out his experiments. The only one that can distract Shrimpie from his work is Russell Ace...

User Image

Username: lucky7seven
Species: Weird Mutant Elf
Dislikes: Jerks, Citrus, Seafood
Bio: I was an intern during the 2014 labtech week and now I'm back as a scientist. My avatar now is a redux of the avatar i used during my first labtech week, although it looks so much better. Regardless i still have no clue what i'm doing xp

User Image
Username: Godly Luffy
Species: Labtech of the black species of Grunny's, in real life i'm bulgarian.
Likes: Girls, Real Madrid, Technologies, Anime, G-CORP, Fishing, Soldier stuff, weapons, animals, movies and cars
Dislikes: lies, promises which haven't been done, gaia, diedrich, gaia cash announcements and much more too lazy to count.
Bio: I'm born in Bulgaria which is next to black Sea (west side of it) , which is in Europe. I have 2 brothers , i have studied history and deutsch which were my specialities in school. I love the labtech stuff here in gaai because i like the science and plot behing g-corp. But gaia doesn't care sometimes and this drive me mad. Hopefully they bring fishing back soon. Since they took it down i log in for less than an hour here per day. I used to play for 3-4 even more hours per day before when it was cool but now i just seek for cool events around like this labtech week to participate in so i forget about the pain of the dead zOMG! and Fishing. Fishing isn't dead but since it isn't around i feel sad.

User Image
Username: Darth Acheron
Species: Human
Likes: Science!, laboratories, experiments, Lord Jack, Nyx
Dislikes: government intrusion, villagers, the (Gaian) Easter Bunny
Bio: Born on a dreary monday in June of 1950, his parents were ecstatic to have him. He showed signs early on of being a bright child. He excelled through school, graduating high school at the age of 13. From there, he went on to college where he majored in chemistry, with a minor in biology. He received his pHd a year after graduating. He began working for J-Corp soon after and continues to work there.

User Image

Username: Blueduskrose
Species: Angel/?
Likes: Jack,Mad science,Nyx,Mischief and sweets especially halloween sweets
Dislikes: Godess gaia even though she's angelic in nature,Also nosy goody toe shoes
Bio: Dabbles here and there in the darker parts of science including reanimation and the g-virus. Mainly is a resident of J-corp and fan of Jack but also appreciates the ideas formed by other organizations mainly Nyx's group and the G-corp laboratories.

User Image

Username: Princess Teala
Age 25
Species: Orc
Dislikes: People who would purposely damage books and scoff at mad science. It's also a pain when the grunnies escape.
Bio: Like most orcs, she's very strong,but her brain does just as much heavy lifting as her body does. She does her best to be of assistance and make new discoveries.

User Image

Username: AnneLaurant
Age: The age of this staff member is considered sensitive information and will not be disclosed for such reasons.
Species: The species of this specimen is highly confidential.
Likes: This individual prefers drawing and roleplaying for science.
Dislikes: This person shows an apparent dislike towards Johnny K. Gambino.
Bio: This Laurant is not in any way affiliated with the Lab Techs or G-Corp and other similar parties.

User Image

Username: Freaque of Nature
Species: freak
Dislikes: pink, bullies, bad drama
Bio: I'm Freak, I like to draw, I draw mostly males, boys and no girls... Um that's all you need to know about me, chat to find out more XD

User Image
Username: Ren Orenji Doragon
Species: dragon
Dislikes: P.U.G.
Bio: Ren had an interest in NeXuS Corp. for a while due to a small crush on Labtech X... she's since realized that there are others more dedicated to their crushes than herself. That doesn't mean that she isn't interested in science, though! When she's not making propaganda posters for E-CORP and generally crushing on Easter Bunny, she can be found lurking about G-Corp properties.

User Image

Username: VV o l f e h
Species: Some kinda lame wolf-dragon hybrid
Likes: Riding Fafnir through town, throwing pumpkins with Jack and making it rain with Sandman and their sand.
Dislikes: Onions and Mayonnaise
Bio: I'm no good at bios, but lets just say I like chaos. (maybe I shouldn't be watching gotham when I write this)

User Image

Username: Egelina.
Species: Kitsune.
Dislikes: Loud noises.
Bio: I'm a very stubborn worker who doesn't quit until the job is done.

Handsome Flashback

The LabTech petition

A petition for Gaia to release a full set of LabTech clothes, based on the original designs!

The Prombie Skin petition
Another LabTech friendly petition requesting the creation of a Prunny variant of the Grombie skins.

The ORIGINAL Grunny Fanthread
A fanthread for classic Grunny lovers to show their love of the adorable abomination and learn how the Grunny life cycle works.

The LabTech X fanthread
A fanthread hosted by Legion X, dedicated to the infamous character LabTechX!

Legion X
The original plot guild dedicated to unraveling the mysteries of LabTechX,
the Legion is also responsible for decoding the binary messages hidden in the "Sig-lab" hinting at X's return.
Never forget, x lives.

The Original G CORP guild
The place where it all started, if you haven't already please stop in and read the stories of the original LabTechs and their fate.

G CORP fanthread
The original G CORP fanthread, it is left in a state of disrepair but is still a valuable asset to the LabTech community.

User Image

Salathielly
Yeata Zi
blueduskrose
Ren Orenji Doragon
top idol
Meushi
XinYunMei
Guardian Pluto
lucky7seven
KittyHoliday
Pie
Sylverx
MachaGirl
GodlyLuffy
Arynaria
Princess Teala
Hassli
Egelina
Ailinor

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/test-forum/labtech-week-2k16/t.99918209/][IMG]http://i66.tinypic.com/f50yli.png[/IMG][/url]

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/test-forum/labtech-week-2k16/t.99918209/][IMG]http://i63.tinypic.com/2u436zc.png[/IMG][/url]

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/test-forum/labtech-week-2k16/t.99918209/][img]http://oi60.tinypic.com/2wbs21t.jpg[/img][/url]

Handsome Flashback

User Image
THE LAST SPACE BLOB IS IN CAPTIVITY.
THE GCD IS AT PEACE...

(... wait, hold on a sec. I've got the wrong script.)

The Space Blob invasion came to an end. But much like the Grunny attacks one year after the initial G-Virus incident, one can never be sure when a new outbreak will occur, or a new danger will arise.

We needed to study one. To discover its secrets, so that if they start hungering for our tasty brain meats, we know how to fight back.

Luckily, a specimen was found attached to the frontal lobe of one of our own, causing her to behave... irrationally. With a pair of forceps and a steady hand, it was carefully extracted from her head, then sealed in a containment capsule that we happened to have on hand for hostile, rabbit-sized organisms.

This capsule was then brought to a top secret lab. A restricted access facility built for studying Gaia's most unstable flora and fauna. In fact, it's so secret even I don't know where it is -- they transmitted coordinates to the smallest and fluffiest member of our team, an animated droid affectionately nicknamed KitTechX.

He left a long time ago. He should have dropped off the capsule and returned by now.

Do you think something happened to him...?

There are three goals for this year's event!

1. Find the facility, and check in at the front desk!
2. (TO BE REVEALED)
3. (TO BE REVEALED)

Each one of these goals will have prizes awarded to the first users to figure them out. The further along we are, the better prizes you could win!

If the mystery isn't solved by the end of the week, we all die and LTW is cancelled forever. c:

... KIDDING!

In the event that goal 3 isn't completed by the end, and we see that users are still putting in a good effort, then we reserve the right to extend this mystery past the end of LTW. Failing that, we'll award the extra prizes to other users who completed the first two goals.

There were originally going to be two more parts to this story.
But sadly, we're seeing symptoms of acute puzzle overdose.
That's what happens when you run a game like this right after a bigger one like "Everything Is Fine"!

For your health and safety, this story is...
TO BE CONTINUED.

Prizes will be awarded soon!

PRIZES
1.User Image LabTech Resurrection Bundle, User Image Rabuteku Ekkusu Scarf, and User Image NEW! IMPROVED! GROMBIE!
2.User Image [Exclusive] Heart of the Nexus, User Image Sinister Scarf, and User Image NEW! IMPROVED! GROMBIE!
3.User Image Delicate Cottontail, User Image Sinister Scarf, and User Image NEW! IMPROVED! GROMBIE!
4.User Image Did You Know With Courage, User Image Sinister Scarf, and User Image NEW! IMPROVED! GROMBIE!
5.User Image Curious Rabbitan, User Image Sinister Scarf, and User Image NEW! IMPROVED! GROMBIE!

CLUES AND IMPORTANT DATA

CLUE 1

A thread was found posted by KitTechX! Click through to find the codes!

One was confirmed to be a decryption key, but was not solved:
NYAA NYAA!
NYAAAA NYAAAA, NYAAA? "NYAA NYA"?
... NYA'AA NYA NYAAAAAA. cat_sad

NYAAAA, NYAA'A NYAA NYAAAAAAAA NYA:

NYAAAAANYAAAAAAANYAAAANYAA
NYAAAAANYAAAAAAANYAAAANYAA

NYAA NYAAA! cat_3nodding
(A bounty has been put on this puzzle. Solve it for a bonus prize!)

The solution was found!
User Image

You can read Pie's walkthrough here!

CLUE 2

Instead, the message was decoded using quipquip.com:
Nyaaaaaah!

I never wanted to do this job! Not at all, not one bit! Who cares about the jelly things? Are they delicious? No? Then they're worthless!

But miz Pie said that if I did it, I'd get all the kitty treats. NYAHOO!

No, I take it back. Not nyahoo! I have been deceived! This is a scary place! There is a THING on the loose, and I need someone to get rid of it and take me home and give me scritches behind the ear.

But who will come and help me? They said I shouldn't tell people where the SECRET LAB is! That is why they call it a secret lab in the first place!

Even I would not have been trusted with the secret! However, miz Pie didn't tell everyone she was working on me originally, and some of the Techies panicked because I was a "DANGEROUS ROGUE ANIMATED" and brought me here for containment. It was very unpleasant! Except the nice tech lady! She is very pleasant, nyaah. She brought me home and she is my friend!

She is here too. I do not think she knows we are in danger? But I am not a scaredy cat! I know a real monster when I see it and that is a real monster!

I know someone will find me, though! I made a SECRET PUZZLE to find the nice lady! Even miz Pie said it was really smart of me, nyaah. She thinks I cheated, but I did not!

The doctor doesn't think I made it, either. In fact, he took it away from me! That was very mean of him! He said I was being a "kleptomani-cat" again and accused me of stealing lab reports. But that one was mine! Nyaah.

He probably still has it! The doctor's code is really complicated, though! I guess he did not like using numbers! It is

ONE TWO VOICELESS LABIODENTAL FRICATIVE DIGRAPH
THREE FOUR MAGIC CONSTANT OF 4 BY 4
FIVE LATIN CANINE LETTER

! Search and you will surely find him. Don't worry, he is not as scary as he looks.

My special code is not so hard either! Just think of the little people who add so much to our lives, and it will become clear.

CLUE 3

Working on decoding this message:

ONE TWO VOICELESS LABIODENTAL FRICATIVE DIGRAPH
THREE FOUR MAGIC CONSTANT OF 4 BY 4
FIVE LATIN CANINE LETTER

They came up with the answer PH 34 R. This was thought to be connected back to Docta PH34R... but how?

CLUE 4

After searching his profile, the team found a tiny image with the URL
http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv34/KitTechX/LTW 2016/nice/lady.png

Zoom, and enhance! (... and replace with a second version, because the first had an unintentional optical illusion effect. Sorry about that!)
User Image

CLUE 5

After staring at the puzzle until they went cross-eyed, the team couldn't find any way to make the math work. However, KitTechX's clue was suggesting something else. Maybe it wasn't math at all?

Little people... little even to a cat? The possibility of SD Plus dolls came up, and omnom-chan hit upon the solution:

http://i.imgur.com/6qO0K2H.jpg
Each number correlated with a doll that fit into the blanks! And the center column spelled something interesting...

Searching for "LUVTECH" turned up a single mule with a single thread.

The facility has been found!

Handsome Flashback

-reserved space-

Handsome Flashback

-reserved space-

Handsome Flashback

-reserved space-

Handsome Flashback

-reserved space-

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items