Welcome to Gaia! ::

Chatty Lover

8,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Generous 100
Click the link to see where this thread got its inspiration: GTC
Where you can find our theatre: 9 Barton 125004 in Towns

The Gaian Performing Company (GPC) was inspired by the GTC. Much like their thread, this one will bring entertainment for you all as well through the Gaia Towns, but WAIT. There's more! Our version will be spread out to even more areas. Ex: Rally, Video Lounge, Earth Day Forest Stage, and Virtual Hollywood! This way, we aren't stuck in seclusion to one area for performances. Here's some more background about the GTC so you are more familiar with it.

[O.G.]
The Gaian Theatre Company (GTC) is a project dedicated to exploring the concepts of live theater in the context of Gaia Towns. Through the cooperation of directors, designers, and actors, over the course of a month we plan out, cast, rehearse, and perform a show for live audiences. We have successfully put on over 20 different productions and nearly 100 individual performances over two and a half years.

In June of 2008, almost exactly two years after our first live performance, we became the first recipient of Gaia's Community Spotlight. Thanks Gaia HQ! heart

As you can see, they have been going long and strong since Dec. '06. Now, let's make our own history here and keep what they started going since they first started this four years ago.

Chatty Lover

8,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Generous 100
The Schedule so Things Work Out Smoothly!

Right now, I have one performance currently under editing and construction, so stay tuned for what is coming up. wink

March-April 2012

The GPC will be presenting...Greased Twilightnin'!!!
This is a YouTube special, featuring Shane Dawson
heart

March 28, 2012
-Costumes were given and assigned to each mule
-The script was typed up

Reference to the two parts of the upcoming performance:
Part one of Greased Twilightnin' / Part two of Greased Twilightnin'

Chatty Lover

8,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Generous 100
I Need Staff Members!

We need trustworthy people to help keep this thread from dying and to assist in movies! Post if you're interested.

l-The Baby Eater-l (Meagan) - Director
No One Yet - Recruitment/Advertising
No One Yet - Video Recorder for Our Performances

Chatty Lover

8,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Generous 100
The Cast

Here are the actors needed for Greased Twilightnin':

GPC - Shana: l-The Baby Eater-l
GPC - Chrissy: No one yet
GPC - R-Patz: No one yet

Post here in the thread to ask for a role
and then I'll set you up with the mule.

For this first performance, I won't be holding auditions,
as you can see. It's a first come, first serve basis.
After this performance, the auditions will start up.

Chatty Lover

8,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Generous 100
How You Can Watch Us!

Just like the GTC states, in order for our performance to go much smoother, we will bring up requests that we ask each of you to abide by throughout the performance. The main ones we ask of you are listed below:

• STAY OFF THE STAGE - We stress this one because it's always a pain when someone decides to be "cute" and run up or randomly start talking to one of the cast members. This interferes with them, causing them to sometimes lose their place or go off on the person making a whole unnecessary riot occur. You CAN; however, come up during intermissions and say hey for a bit before it resumes. Once it resumes, we ask that you all return back to where you were. PLEASE abide by that rule!

• KEEP QUIET DURING PERFORMANCES - This is the second rule because if you talk, it will mix up with what the actors are saying and will throw them off, as well as confuse the audience, wondering if what one person said was part of the play. Please hold your talking until intermissions and before and after the plays.

• AUDIENCE PARTICIPATION - We encourage this! If you wanna get into the play, feel free to use emoticons. Laugh if there's a joke. Cry if there's a sad scene. Get emotional, people! It makes us feel like you're actually watching us and not just sitting there to humor us.

• APPLAUSE - At the end, once one of the actors or GPCers come forward and announce the curtain fall, feel free to applaud! Even if you didn't really like it, we would appreciate any nice words of encouragement after putting on a performance for you. After all, we're doing all this for free!

Want to Give Gifts to the Crew/Cast?

If it's a simple "Good job!" or "Good luck in your next production!" then make sure you PM your comments to l-The Baby Eater-l so she can address the comments in one, all-out, full-blown letter. This way, the comment(s) will be shared with the entire crew as well so they can feel pretty special and liked. [:

If it's actual gifts for one of the cast, then PM l-The Baby Eater-l, asking for who played the character, and she will be more than happy in sending you the link to that person so they can recieve a gift they deserved!

Chatty Lover

8,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Generous 100
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions!

Updated: 9/11/10

Ooo! Ooo! I got an idea for the next show you could do.
Then, by all means, share it with us and we'll see what we can do!

How does this whole cast thing work out anyways?
Great question. You will be provided with a specific account for your character with the costume already ready and everything. DON'T expect it to look amazing or anything. I'm not exactly gonna spend like 50k on it or anything because I, myself, fork out the money for this.

Can you advertise my thread here on the GPC?
Sure thing. Drop l-The Baby Eater-l a PM for details.

When/Where do auditions take place?
The details concerning auditions always changes. Stay tuned to the 2nd post for all details concerning that area.

Are you trying to jock the idea originally started by the GTC?
No. I am simply trying to revive what they started and let it live. They usually take long time periods to even do a performance nowadays, since they're busy most of the time, so this is like a side performance company, assisting in making performances for your entertainment!

The GTC did a MUCH better job than you.
STFU, kay? Not everyone does the same as everyone else in quality and presentation, but I bust my butt off trying to update all this and keep you all happy. I can't make everyone happy. End of story.

Is the GPC run by Gaia Staff?
No. Simply by gaians who love doing productions, plays, shows, etc. They have no involvement in this.

Who started this?
If you wanna be specific, [O.G.] from the GTC started the idea, but I started this thread (GPC).

Is the actors/crew paid?
No. We do this for the fun of it, but if you would like to send us things, then feel free to do so!

Why audition people even though you have a script?
We need people who can type decently fast and smoothly. This also means that we want NO grammar mistakes, if at all possible. That would be amazing.

Might I donate to the GPC?
That would be amazing! Send the trade to l-The Baby Eater-l. Thanks for your support. heart

Chatty Lover

8,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Generous 100
Previous Productions

We have none yet, but will place them here once we do!

Chatty Lover

8,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Generous 100
Our Affiliates

If you have something you'd like to advertise, send it to l-The Baby Eater-l via PM to discuss advertising here.

Chatty Lover

8,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Generous 100
Our Banners

This thread needs banners! Send all banners to l-The Baby Eater-l and you will get payment. She will link all banners to the thread.

Chatty Lover

8,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Generous 100
the thread is now open heart

Chatty Lover

8,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Generous 100

Chatty Lover

8,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Generous 100

Chatty Lover

8,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Generous 100
Bleh. scream

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Well, I'd like to say I'd be your advertiser, but I've got advertising of my own to do (see link to guild that is all mine.) I will, however, notify my guild of your first performance when you have a set date. smile

PS: Advertising is misspelled on the first post. wink

Chatty Lover

8,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Generous 100
Different...Very.
Well, I'd like to say I'd be your advertiser, but I've got advertising of my own to do (see link to guild that is all mine.) I will, however, notify my guild of your first performance when you have a set date. smile

PS: Advertising is misspelled on the first post. wink

That would be awesome! Thank you so much, dear. heart And I know how to spell it. I was just in a rush on getting this all up. Haha.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff