Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you have a problem with Gaia? Have you ever wondered why you ever come here, but also wondered why you can't leave? Well we've all wondered the same things and have actively decided to start an organization that fights what Gaia stands for. Some members hate everything about Gaia while some of us only have a few issues. Only those who are willing to take this seriously are welcome.

More can be found at our small, off-site forum where we discuss plans and projects far away from vicious moderators. If you'd like to join, send me a quick PM in Gaia telling me so and go sign up at the off-site forum. We have a guild now so all discussion will be going on there. As for your first action, just put the GAG banner in your profile with a link back to this thread. Here's the exact code for it:

[align=center]
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17822507]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/piratefrog27/GAGbanner.gif[/img]
[/url]
[/align]

A Brief FAQ.

If you dislike Gaia so much, why not just leave?
First off, not all of us hate everything about Gaia. Second, we'd rather have our voices be heard and maybe the problems we have can be changed for the better so it can be a favorable community for all.

Do I have to apply?
No applications at this point since we have a very low membercount. Once we get enough (or too many) people, we may introduce an application process.

Why make an off-site forum when you could just make a guild?
OH SNAP WE DO NOW

Current Members

SidneyX - co-leader
Zombie Mika - co-leader
Swee
Harlequin Ichthyosis
` Y a s u
ihateyoucuzmynameissarah
LittleNoName
EllenDeGeneresLovesYou
Cultural Cringe
[.Vampyre Hobo.]
Colonel Napkin
[EmoLollerskates]

Questions can be sent to me via PM or asked in this thread.
Now really, I'm not sure whether I should approve of this or be totally against it. After all, I have somewhat strong views regarding this subject matter - yes, I think certain forums on Gaia - including the GCD, have gone to Hell due to morons who think they're 'cool' just because they can post one-lined answers to threads - despite it being a discussion forum. I don't like how the economy is going, either - since there is too much money in the system and people with donation items take advantage of this and dominate the market.

In fact, I've been often to compared to one of those old men in the Muppets who sit in the corner box and complain about everything - even though they come back every week. That's because I am. I bring issues to people's attention and show people that Gaia isn't as good as people make it out to be. I'm not against Gaia - I just think that all this 'it's the biggest English-speaking forum so it must be good' hype is utter bullshit. But I think that about a lot of things. Gaia is just another. It doesn't bother me.

After all, there's holes in everything, right? The more people you have - the more likely holes are.

To point a flaw in the first post of GAG:

Quote:
Originally we wanted to make a guild but we were reminded of how much it costs for guild creation and how that would fuel the Gaia economy.

Yeah, that's bullshit. As said before - there's too much gold in the Gaian economy. Buy giving your gold to an NPC who ain't exactly going to spend it - you're using a gold sink placed there. It isn't 'fuelling' the economy at all - because your money isn't going anywhere to be spent again.

Depending on what angle the 'organisation' takes - I may join. I may not.
Your point about the Guild thing is true, I can't deny it. We're a fairly new group so our official motives have yet to be fully defined.

As for your feelings, I think that you would be a great addition to the organization based on what you said here:

Autograph
In fact, I've been often to compared to one of those old men in the Muppets who sit in the corner box and complain about everything - even though they come back every week. That's because I am. I bring issues to people's attention and show people that Gaia isn't as good as people make it out to be.

This very close to our main goal since, among other things, we'd like to show the disillusioned members that they're system isn't all its cut out to be.

While there may be some projects that you would disagree with, others seem to be right up your alley. If you do what you say you do, you could become a very important member in GAG.

Just to touch on the guild thing once more, we may in fact get one now that you mention it. I can just make the cost to join free since that's going to be what ******** up the economy. As for paying for the guild itself, I can take that hit since I don't honestly use any of my money for anything else...
I have to say I'm interested in this. xd

Its a wonderful concept, and I do feel I have a love-hate relationship with this site. I can't leave because I have good friends here, and alot of invested hours and sentimental pixels, buuut, so much about this place drives me mad, so often, and I scarcely find the will to post anymore.

Problem is, I don't think I'll actually have much fun being so negative for so long. xd So best of luck to you.
D.Darko
I have to say I'm interested in this. xd

Its a wonderful concept, and I do feel I have a love-hate relationship with this site. I can't leave because I have good friends here, and alot of invested hours and sentimental pixels, buuut, so much about this place drives me mad, so often, and I scarcely find the will to post anymore.

Problem is, I don't think I'll actually have much fun being so negative for so long. xd So best of luck to you.

While the group may have negative overtones, we will be very active and we aren't all just bitter, complainy people. It will certainly give you something to do while you're on here rather than wasting time surfing through thread after thread of nonsense. We'll have projects and events just like any other group, only ours will be aimed at those who feel disenfranchised by Gaia or parts of Gaia.

Possibly you could reconsider and give us a shot! biggrin
This could be a very meaningful project or it could just amout to bickering.
I really love the potential, though. I already signed up to your messageboard. =D

Putting all of our things in a guild would make you less accessible, right? People won't bother to flip through a guild but a few posts and supporters might create change.

My greatest beefs with Gaia involve the community. Unless you have something ultra distinguishing about you, you have nothing here. No identity. No meaningful friends. No recognition in threads, even if you say something more thoughtful than a better liked member.

Despite the names of the forums, little actual discussion goes on here. The GCD is full of people who are out of concepts and scream, "WHAT IF LOLS?"
or ask simple details about anybody who may want to post. I tried really hard to be creative there but apparently "What if you saw your avatar" threads are better.

The ED is full of the same debates with people making the same points over and over. It's mostly PC America loathing morons who make broad, sweeping generalizations about an entire country. Either that or they're uninformed, rigid in opinion, etc.

And the GD is just like the GCD, except ripping off memes from other websites. "O HAY Y'ALL, LETS SEE HOW WELL WE CAN RAPE ANOTHER WEBSITES CULTURRRRE!"
The jokes they used weren't intended for personal recognition or gloating rights- They came from an anonymous website. As in no e-c**k stroking involved with creating new/using new jokes well.

INFACT, I would say most of this website is devoted to try and be the best, richest, cutest dressed, most clever little Gaian you can so you get a brief shower of recognition. Srsly, that's it.
Erm.... I don't really like your idea...

But I will think about it.
b-b-b-bump evil

Unholy Muse

Hawt.

I'm a make-believe Prommie. I exist on gaia nowadays to ruin it for others and crush the dreams of millions and to erode the human soul. (Something like that.) I beat gaia, so there's nothing really to do anymore but sit and watch illiteracy and ignorance eat away at the only online society I've been with for over 3 years. It's depresssing kinda-sorta.
I'm in, Ducky. <3
Harlequin Ichthyosis
Hawt.

I'm a make-believe Prommie. I exist on gaia nowadays to ruin it for others and crush the dreams of millions and to erode the human soul. (Something like that.) I beat gaia, so there's nothing really to do anymore but sit and watch illiteracy and ignorance eat away at the only online society I've been with for over 3 years. It's depresssing kinda-sorta.
I'm in, Ducky. <3

Exciting! Sign up in the forums and we'll start planning s**t...plotting more like twisted
SO, you want to ruin gaia for the rest of us. I like gaia, so I guess Im a bad human and I should not support gaia.
Lord Gatotsu
SO, you want to ruin gaia for the rest of us. I like gaia, so I guess Im a bad human and I should not support gaia.

I don't think I ever said we want to ruin Gaia. We're just unhappy with the way things are done so we're protesting in our own way. I also don't think I ever said you had to be in the group and that anyone who isn't is a huge f**. You have the right to protest us just as much as we have the right to protest Gaia. Don't go jumping to conclusions about something you clearly know nothing about. Uptight people like you are part of the reason I'm so unhappy with the site in the first place.
SidneyX
Lord Gatotsu

I don't think I ever said we want to ruin Gaia. We're just unhappy with the way things are done so we're protesting in our own way. I also don't think I ever said you had to be in the group and that anyone who isn't is a huge f**. You have the right to protest us just as much as we have the right to protest Gaia. Don't go jumping to conclusions about something you clearly know nothing about. Uptight people like you are part of the reason I'm so unhappy with the site in the first place.

Im just doing my job! But, im afriad I have to arrest you. As of now gaia is under the control of the republic of apocalypto. ALl righst are suspended, meaning you are a rebel and will be Punished!

*puts cuffs around hands*cling* Hope you leanred a lesson scumbag. Dont ******** with apocalypto.
Lord Gatotsu
SidneyX
Lord Gatotsu

Im just doing my job! But, im afriad I have to arrest you. As of now gaia is under the control of the republic of apocalypto. ALl righst are suspended, meaning you are a rebel and will be Punished!

*puts cuffs around hands*cling* Hope you leanred a lesson scumbag. Dont ******** with apocalypto.

Ok back to Barton Town with you...
b***h slap my name on this thread. unstunstunst. rofl

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas