Do you know what Autism is?

Yes, I know what it is. 0.48214285714286 48.2% [ 27 ]
Yes, I have/know someone with autism. 0.39285714285714 39.3% [ 22 ]
No 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
I've heard of it, but don't know much about it. 0.125 12.5% [ 7 ]
Total Votes:[ 56 ]
< 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 20 21 22 > >>

Shameless Hoarder

The daily question is still up from yesterday. I'll be adding today's question shortly as well as leaving yesterday's up until someone answers it. 3nodding

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
lighting it up in michigan biggrin

Shameless Hoarder

I have banners now biggrin

I'm going to pretty up the front page.

And as they were made as a freebie/donation, I can give out more goldies! biggrin

Shameless Hoarder

Today's question is up as well as yesterday's still being up to be answered.

Shameless Hoarder

I missed the bus. Have to wait an hour for the next one...though, I think I might just ask dad to give me a lift down instead... ninja

Versatile Model

I LOVE the new headers!
Beautiful Grotesque
User Image

Question: As most people are aware, various coloured ribbons are used to support certain disease or disabilites, why do you think the ribbon representing autism is designed the way it is?

When you first meet someone who's autistic, they might seem at first like they're not quite "all there", like they're missing something that most "normal" people have, or perhaps they have some odd (or downright weird) behaviors. You see perhaps a couple of scattered pieces of a puzzle that you can't see the full picture of, so it feels like everything about them is in disarray. However, the more time you spend with that person, the more pieces of them you see, the more sides of them you discover, you learn about their likes and dislikes, you learn something of what it's like to be them without having to be in their shoes personally. You start getting more and more pieces of the puzzle, and eventually you start seeing the big picture, you start seeing them for who they are, not just who they appear to be. In the end, autistic people aren't missing anything, they're not broken, they're not even in disarray. Just because we may have trouble understanding them at first, doesn't mean that they can't understand us, and the effort in doing so is far from wasted. To me, at least, that's what the puzzle pieces represent.

Versatile Model

BcGriffin

:') heart

Shameless Hoarder

BcGriffin
When you first meet someone who's autistic, they might seem at first like they're not quite "all there", like they're missing something that most "normal" people have, or perhaps they have some odd (or downright weird) behaviors. You see perhaps a couple of scattered pieces of a puzzle that you can't see the full picture of, so it feels like everything about them is in disarray. However, the more time you spend with that person, the more pieces of them you see, the more sides of them you discover, you learn about their likes and dislikes, you learn something of what it's like to be them without having to be in their shoes personally. You start getting more and more pieces of the puzzle, and eventually you start seeing the big picture, you start seeing them for who they are, not just who they appear to be. In the end, autistic people aren't missing anything, they're not broken, they're not even in disarray. Just because we may have trouble understanding them at first, doesn't mean that they can't understand us, and the effort in doing so is far from wasted. To me, at least, that's what the puzzle pieces represent.

I like that answer. smile

Shameless Hoarder

Graceangel
lighting it up in michigan biggrin

You're looking very blue. smile

Shameless Hoarder

RustyRobot
I LOVE the new headers!

So do I. biggrin

Shameless Hoarder

Yesterday's question is still up to be answered as well, so if anyone wants an easy 2k, have a go at answering. biggrin

Shameless Hoarder

Bump? burning_eyes

Shameless Hoarder

Blah! Neopets keeps crapping out on me!

Yes. I play Neopets. And I'm over 12. blaugh

Shameless Hoarder

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers