Damien Wayne 0.1304347826087 13.0% [ 6 ]
Total Votes:[ 46 ]
< 1 2 3

Witty Bibliophile

11,975 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
I can't believe that people are upset that they didn't get a freebie for a certain day. It would have been nice; but a freebie is well... a freebie. They're made by artists out of the generosity of their hearts and their spare time. You aren't entitled to one just because it happens to be a certain day of the year. A Batman item would have been nice; but I doubt that many of the staff/artists are Batman fans.

Angelic Spirit

Bowie-Spawan
Maybe he was there, just noone saw him.
He is the night, after all ninja

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Definitely would've been nice to get a Batman related freebie. A utility belt or some silly comic sound effects (Kapow! Biff! Clank!) would've already been enough. Or a Lunar Cowl recolour, as mentioned above.

User ImageDreams are the windows of hope...

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
LOL love that pic.

...Hope is the essence of dreamsUser Image

stukky's Fangirl

Fairy Type

60,050 Points
  • Cute Monster 500
  • Manchurian Candidate 500
  • Budding Witch 250
Imrae Myett
I can't believe that people are upset that they didn't get a freebie for a certain day. It would have been nice; but a freebie is well... a freebie. They're made by artists out of the generosity of their hearts and their spare time. You aren't entitled to one just because it happens to be a certain day of the year. A Batman item would have been nice; but I doubt that many of the staff/artists are Batman fans.

right?

ITT: a bunch of people who didn't even know what day it was complain they weren't given a freebie to celebrate a day invented by a corporation to promote their product

bonus points if they complain that gaia tries to promote their own product too much lol
It would have been cool to get a Batman item emotion_dowant Guess none of artists isn't that into Batman to make the item.
I can only remember the Star Wars and Hobbit items...was there something else?

Dapper Puppy

Persnicketease
Most of the time we have a holiday in that month which takes care of said freebie (ex: July 4th) if that were the case. Though I think no matter what Gaia chose to do people would complain. Again, if the artists want to donate their time to make freebies that's on them, but otherwise doing so for each inane little holiday thought up seems like a bit much. Honestly if I had a choice I'd rather them work on gold shop items instead of freebies.
Yeah, I guess having a small thing for the fourth of July was good. But this wasn't for me to demand an item, just a thought of all the different times an event has gone on that made me wish I had an item to go with it. A little selfish, but I admit it.

And, as for what the artists should do, that is for another person to make another thread about.

Bana Banana
Correct, it was something DC was trying to do. They did the same for Superman a few years ago, Most fans don't want to talk about the year of Superman... XD

netamii

It is perfectly alright. The more this thread goes on, the more I'm realizing how small a fanbase he has here. As I have said before, we all have the things we want and all, I was just passionate enough to make a thread about it. sweatdrop

Sweet Creature

34,275 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Rat Conqueror 500
and I just noticed your poll

/forever bitter about how DC have handled Stephanie, Cass and Babs gonk

Dangerous Genius

I'm not into him myself, but I'm still pretty surprised that the 75th anniversary of Batman didn't warrant an item. Maybe Gaia is just a Marvel fan.

Unholy Spark

42,875 Points
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Wintersday Bard 50
I'm not surprised at all there was no item. Unless there's a Gaia artist that's heavily into Batman, or any other fandom thing, then there's likely to be no item or event for it.

Loyal Kitten

Albern Puppy
Yeah, I guess having a small thing for the fourth of July was good. But this wasn't for me to demand an item, just a thought of all the different times an event has gone on that made me wish I had an item to go with it. A little selfish, but I admit it.

And, as for what the artists should do, that is for another person to make another thread about.

I understand that why you're sad, but honestly, I don't see Gaia having their artists spend their time making freebies for random "holidays" when it doesn't make them money. Most of the time the reason we get fandom freebies for certain fandom days is because the artist is a huge fan and made it off the books, as it were (ex: Reapersun's Sherlock thing for 2/21). So, I'm not going to make a big deal if a fandom day rolls on by and we don't get anything considering what the artists have to go through daily around here. Just me and your mileage may vary.

Dapper Puppy

Adnama Lavode
I'm not surprised at all there was no item. Unless there's a Gaia artist that's heavily into Batman, or any other fandom thing, then there's likely to be no item or event for it.
Yeah, that is the general consensus I've been getting. ^^ To be honest, I figured I'd get more talk on my spoons. Oh well.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff