Welcome to Gaia! ::

Annoh
I'm afraid they're gonna pull this so-called "maintenance" thing on guilds.

I can't see anything lasting on gaia anymore except cash shop stuff.

I would imagine guilds are easier on upkeep than zOMG or an entirely separate site. As far as features go, they're basically an extension of the regular forums.

Krissim Klaw

Of course I can only speak for myself, but I am a bit burned out by this crazy focus on and push toward more GC and GC based items, events and sales. I freely admit that I buy GC. I've seen a lot of people saying "I'm done buying GC because ________" but I don't have any such plans myself. This is my main form of entertainment when I'm home, I like the people I've met here and...really, honestly, I'd like Gaia to stay active for years to come.

Like a lot of other oldbies, I've been on the site on and off for just about ten years, and seeing that a lot of people are still excited about daily releases and items and events kinda cheers me up. I like the community, even if the overall attitude does seem to have soured and become more hostile over time.

Sorry for the rambling. rofl

Blessed Demigod

27,425 Points
  • The Key to Victory 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Exciting Experiment 50
Who knows, maybe in the future.
As it is right now, not really.

I'm not really up for imaginary zOMG on towns.

Enduring Spirit

That is exactly what I want. Though, it is a lost cause. I don't see it happening ever.

Inzoreno
I can only hope that with the demise of TentacL they put their efforts back on Gaia and finally get things running like an improved inventory arranger...

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Gaia needs to start taking ADD medication so they can focus more on this site.

Dapper Nerd

This site is just not what it used to be. sad I miss Lanzer and I miss the sense of community I used to have.
Anyways, on topic: Gaia needs some serious changes. There needs to be a new invo arranger, an update to guilds, an improved mobile app, and improved games with higher payouts that match the site's current economy. The events also need to be improved upon, they need to not be cash driven. We shouldn't have to pay for events to participate in them. I can only hope that these changes happen. I can't see myself staying if they don't.
I still love this site, I love the avatars and some of the forums, but there has to be much needed site updates and fixes in order to actually make the site entertaining and fun for everyone.
hiimbeary

Of course I can only speak for myself, but I am a bit burned out by this crazy focus on and push toward more GC and GC based items, events and sales. I freely admit that I buy GC. I've seen a lot of people saying "I'm done buying GC because ________" but I don't have any such plans myself. This is my main form of entertainment when I'm home, I like the people I've met here and...really, honestly, I'd like Gaia to stay active for years to come.

Like a lot of other oldbies, I've been on the site on and off for just about ten years, and seeing that a lot of people are still excited about daily releases and items and events kinda cheers me up. I like the community, even if the overall attitude does seem to have soured and become more hostile over time.

Sorry for the rambling. rofl
Yah, I would think it would be nice if they gave those of you willing to spend cash a breather every now and then. I mean every day it seems like they are selling 5 new limited items while having a side sale with ten super duper exclusive tier based rewards.

Things have been blending together for me a while now with all the re-re-releases and recolors.
Krissim Klaw
Yah, I would think it would be nice if they gave those of you willing to spend cash a breather every now and then. I mean every day it seems like they are selling 5 new limited items while having a side sale with ten super duper exclusive tier based rewards.

Things have been blending together for me a while now with all the re-re-releases and recolors.

To a certain extent I really can't blame them. It's kind of a shotgun approach, not every GC-buyer has the money to buy every single item released, and even if they did they probably won't like every single item. I accept the fact that they're just trying to do what a business does, which is to make money off as many people as possible.

It's an unpopular opinion as far as I can tell. I'm not happy about it but I get what they're trying to do.

It's starting to all become a blur for me also. If nothing else, it makes me feel like I can't afford to take a hiatus because of all the item releases that I'll miss. But, eh...it's all virtual crap in the end, haha.
Doubt it

They have their ideal userbase of super loyalists who don't seem to be thinking about leaving anytime soon
People who would be totally fine with just the forums and avatar system (and maybe towns)

Other sites wouldn't be able to support themselves with such a niche crowd
But considering Gaia's had 11+ years to gather people like this from every corner of the internet
It could last some time

Hardcore Fashionista

19,150 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Party Animal 100
I'm actually not too broken up about either of these shitting the proverbial bed. I didn't play zOMG! and Tentacl was stupid to begin with. A company streamlining its business to 'stem the bleeding' as it were is pretty common practice. I'm just glad they cauterized the wound that was Tentacl quickly. What a GD waste of time.

Aged Prophet

13,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Consumer 100
I doubt it. They will always have a large playing userbase no matter what controversial things they do, as time has proven again and again. Most likely they'll just go back to brainstorming random features/websites/freemium games and hoping to hit the jackpot.

I'd rather not think about what features I want developed, its not happening.
lol " next failed project "
Yeah that's how I feel.
Why not just focus on improving this site indeed.
It seems more solid than the others/ their other ventures, even if we have the occasional
" the economy is doomed " " gaia is money hungry " scene.
(Which I guess can also be fixed / addressed if they did focus more on this site).

Lupine Bookworm

13,375 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Krissim Klaw
Oh man I forgot about all the animated fluffs and other zOMG critters I have that are absolutely useless now. Wonder if they will make them work for towns or at least add static poses so we can equip them to our avis? Someone needs to start something in the sf about that.

I'm still surprised this site still has such a large userbase of loyal members willing to regularly spend cash. I would think they would be burnt out by now.

That would be cool if they'd make all the z! rings and fluffs equip-able.

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450
What updates/general maintenance work/projects do you want to see done for this site?
I would like to see a big guild update, and a big fishing update.

Why does Gaia seem to hate its own site so much?
Because the higher ups are morons? I dunno, they don't follow any common sense.
They rarely listen to our suggestions, then when we tell them something is a crap idea they do it anyway.

What do you think their next failed project will be?
They already hinted that alchemy is on the chopping block because of GoFusion.
Since ZOMG is gone and we needed loot and orbs for alchemy formulas, they will probably use that to say "hey you cant do your formulas anymore, were getting rid of alchemy! Now go buy this new recolor."

Playful Lunatic

11,250 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Tycoon 200
"Will Gaia ever take care of Gaia?"

NO.

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
Gaia won't take care of Gaia. It costs too much money and time a.k.a Gaia fires off all the hardworking staff and the remaining staff are lazy as ********. Gaia nowadays reminds me of US politicians: "Yea...we can't fix this, and we're not willing to. Let's shut down the government instead. Vacation time! emotion_awesome "

What updates/general maintenance work/projects do you want to see done for this site?
A large update to every single non-CS related exchange feature on this site, including the features related to them. And I don't mean updating them to turn them into cash/pay-2-win tournament grabs, like they did to screw up Switch'em and Smashblox either. In the time it's taken them to:
1. release Alchemy, ******** that up
2. release zOMG, ******** that up,
3. release the FB games, ******** those up, (Ocean party, and that Villager one)
4-5. make their site so bad even sponsors want nothing to do with them, thus screwing up GC offers and requiring mecha neko to have a complete overhaul,
6-9. release Switch'em, Smashblox, Word blitz and stack attack and ******** those four games up just to keep the ******** up trend going
10. release an event battle system and ******** that up like two years in row,
11-12. half release a pet system, then a pet avatar system and ******** both up
13. release towns 2 and ignore the ******** out of that, probably just to say "we're abandoning that too." sometime down the line
14. release Herald's of Chaos, ******** that up AND
15. release Go fusion, and currently get on their way to ******** that up too with their frequent release of items having more ridiculous than alchemy charm requirements....

They could have had ALL of those exchanges and features updated and then some. The only thing people find breakingly and consistently wrong with those features are it's payouts. Why they can't see that, Idek.

What do you think their next failed project will be?
I fully expect Loyal's Bazaar, Gaia Alchemy, Go Fusion and any Gaia game or feature that is not Booty Grab to take a hike. BG & Verge are mostly safe and safe because of the boatloads of money they make. CV not making enough money? Just chuck a couple $1000 tickets in there. Someone will purchase. And BG fish will surely drop Gaia's staff adorable demon babies, Gold Generators soon enough. We all know it. No one will complain about the lag created from hundreds of coins dropping 'cause anyone will be okay if they can catch just one Gold Gen and you know staff won't make 'em rare. It won't screw Gaia over either 'cause they'll make those gold gen dropping fish cost $25+ a piece!

They'll probably "save" LB by changing it's shop requirement to "You must have at least 10 billion gold at all times to enter 'cause we say so," just so they don't have to fix the annoying issues going on with people not being given access even though they met the log in requirements months ago.

JFC, why'd I sign on today? -_-

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces