Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lately, I've seen more and more people getting random events/items. I hadn't recieved any items in months and I got four yesterday. I believe this increase in items is the admins' way of reducing inflation on Gaia. What do you think? (Sorry if this is a repeat thread)
There are? :/ I haven't gotten one for a month. But yes, four in a day is pretty many. And I just saw a board with 2 today. x_x Now I want onee.
The admins DID say they would take steps to reduce inflation. This could be one of them.

Magic Genius

Well Gaia has been having a few ahem difficulties.....which surprisingly hasn't been caused by a new event. We'll use your idea as their excuse...

Shirtless Lunatic

6,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
I'm sure the Mods are planning some new event, and thus everything about GAIA is messed up.

It happens frequently when there are maintenance problems or just plain issues with the system. And to tell you the truth, I haven't gotten an event in forever, so you shouldn't be complaining about getting four in one day.

I wouldn't be. I would take it quietly while no one is looking.

5,450 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Seeing as it only appears to be affecting certain users (I personally haven't received any events since the number apparently increased, and I'm here a lot of the time. xd ), I'm going to say that it's either a glitch or that users are spending more time on Gaia.

Random events have always been random; once I had 2 within the space of about 10 minutes, but nowadays I seem to get about one trunk every couple of months or so.

Obviously if you spend more time on Gaia then you're more likely to get more rare items, simply because there's more time in which the item can appear.

Perhaps users are just getting luckier. I personally won't believe it's an intended increase until the administrators (or a moderator delivering a message) says that it is so.

The administrators have always left the economy to be run by the users and I'm sure that they still hold the belief that it's better that way; I doubt that they'd try to interfere so late.

Please note that the moderators do not design/run Gaia, and so they can't be behind the increase or any other method to control inflation. The admins are the people who design/run Gaia. 3nodding
Well I'm not he only person to recieve this many items. All of my friends recieved some and one person recieved seven items. I don't think this is a glitch. But I guess it could be.
Sorry if I posted mods I meant admins, it should already be changed. I just don't think it is a matter of luck. It doesn't seem likely that this sudden increase is sheer luck. I'd rather believe it was a glitch over that.
irust
Lately, I've seen more and more people getting random events/items. I hadn't recieved any items in months and I got four yesterday. I believe this increase in items is the admins' way of reducing inflation on Gaia. What do you think? (Sorry if this is a repeat thread)
There have been? Odd, it's been 2 or 3 months since my last rare. Someone ought to let Gaia know that it's supposed to be giving out an increased amount. . .

Friendly Bunny

Yes, my luck has been going up, let's see, i got about 3 pinklinks 2 blue boxes, and 2 trunks, in 2 or 3 days. and i really have never gotten anything as a random event before
Yep, just got another pink-link. This is awesome!
I don't think its changed a bit. On my first few days, I got around 2 pink links and a enchanted trunk. About a month later, I got a trunk and blue giftbox. A few months after that, I got two pink giftboxes, 2 blue giftboxes, three trunks, and 2 pink links in 2 days. surprised But I haven't had one since then(around 2 weeks ago). I still think its still the same, people were just lucky, and I bet you that there were random events like this happening, but noone had talked about it, they just took it with joy.
Yes, that was me with the four events. Only happened because I hadn't had any in one and a half months. I guess you get none for a while, then get some, wait again, get more events.
Ive only had one event in the whole time (somewhere over a year) Ive been on gaia and that was the day I joined.
Like I always say, the more the merrier.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff