Welcome to Gaia! ::

BlueInkOgre's Pardner

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,300 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
It goes under many different names, flaming, trolling, or just plain herassment. I mean, yes, I don't agree with everything that goes on in this forum, but I don't go around saying something like "You're stupid, and should get off of this forum because you started a thread that has already been made." I belive that this makes the flamer feel superior, and thus better about them selves, while only provoking, the 'flamee'. Why do you think flaming, or trolling exists?
Keeps things interesting, ya jerk.
Because we're on a computer, not face to face.
Half Demon
It goes under many different names, flaming, trolling, or just plain herassment. I mean, yes, I don't agree with everything that goes on in this forum, but I don't go around saying something like "You're stupid, and should get off of this forum because you started a thread that has already been made." I belive that this makes the flamer feel superior, and thus better about them selves, while only provoking, the 'flamee'. Why do you think flaming, or trolling exists?

dunno, but it's really mean... i did a couple of mistakes nd tons of gaians cussed at me... it was only a mistake, accident... i didn't know.... sweatdrop gosh stressed
cause we've all got small cajones.

No, it's because some of us can't lose debates.
See, people like him, *taps Gigarayzor with a teacher's lecture stick for emphasis* are the kind of people that flame. He's not as bad as the flamers can get, but it's not much different on the self-confidence scale. They are just like the people IRL and on Gaia that enjoy using cuss words because it makes them look "cooler".

I'll have to say that they are the internet bullies, the type that used to steal your lunch money in elementary school. 3nodding

BlueInkOgre's Pardner

3,300 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Fiery_Redhead
But just because you're not face to face with someone, doesn't mean they're not human. And especially newbies, if they post their first post saying 'hi' in ED on accident, instead of getting a gentle push in the right direction, they'd get about a million flames, telling them how stupid they are. Do you belive this is right? Just because we are all sitting in front of a computer, doesn't mean we can't be nice to each other. We're still human beings, and we have feelings, that can be hurt.
I think that some people are just naturally mean and are unable to carry on a conversation without being mean to someone.
Also some people believe its funny and feel the need to show off for everyone else in the belief everyone will think that person is cool.
Its human nature... sad, but true.

BlueInkOgre's Pardner

3,300 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Sgt.Wolf
cause we've all got small cajones.

No, it's because some of us can't lose debates.

Is is just me, or did that make absolutly no sense?
Half Demon
Fiery_Redhead
But just because you're not face to face with someone, doesn't mean they're not human. And especially newbies, if they post their first post saying 'hi' in ED on accident, instead of getting a gentle push in the right direction, they'd get about a million flames, telling them how stupid they are. Do you belive this is right? Just because we are all sitting in front of a computer, doesn't mean we can't be nice to each other. We're still human beings, and we have feelings, that can be hurt.
It's easier to be harsh to someone you can't see and maybe never will, and who could be a thousand miles away. Flamers rarely, if ever, have to deal with the consequences of flaming because they can just shut down the computer and get on with their life. The internets sorta impersonal, especially on a forum this size where you might not run into the same person twice.

That said, I do try to be nice when redirecting newbies, although occasionally I slip. It's sometimes hard to remember that the naked avatar creating bump threads in ED (or GD) is probably a 7th grader just wanting to make friends.
Probably beacuse they have issues and are ignorant themselves, can't make a decent post to save their own lives so they have to put others down for it. THat's only one reason I see for people doing it.....othertimes, the postings really are just stupid...but can be fun to post in!!! XD
Edit: I dunno. biggrin
HeartlessBastrd34
See, people like him, *taps Gigarayzor with a teacher's lecture stick for emphasis* are the kind of people that flame. He's not as bad as the flamers can get, but it's not much different on the self-confidence scale. They are just like the people IRL and on Gaia that enjoy using cuss words because it makes them look "cooler".

I'll have to say that they are the internet bullies, the type that used to steal your lunch money in elementary school. 3nodding
Hey! Good to see you again! And yep, you are right once again smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces