Welcome to Gaia! ::

Supportive Seraph

Is there anything about you at all that you haven't changed since you first started on Gaia?
        • Not one specific thing, although I did go the first several years on this site without ever removing my Coco Kitty.
        • I still have that old thing too.
      What are the things on a Gaian that helps you remember best their identity?
        • Usernames I guess.
        • Mine's been the same for well over half of my Gaian life.
      Have you changed so many times, that you scarcely remember what you were before?
        • Not really.
        • I do change a lot more often now as compared to before.
      Names are supposed to be permanent and yet on Gaia you can change them multiple times.
        • I've always had my nickname "Psycho Kitty" in all of my usernames.
        • I've only changed it once too.
        • Kinda want to change it again though.
      Avatars: something about your avatar you haven't changed for a long time?
        • I've never changed my skin before, so I guess that's it.
        • 9 times out of 10 I have on the eyes from Inari's Beads.
      Have you changed yourself to become anonymous and stalked your well known friends pretending to be someone you're not?
        • I did that once, but I was using my mule account at the time.

Vicious Reveler

I think the only thing I have never changed is my username. I probably won't, I don't really have a reason to.

Usually I remember other users by their names as well, so if they change I won't realize they are the same person without another clue. I don't remember what they're wearing, since I assume there are many like me who often change. I sometimes find signatures quite memorable, but people change those quite a bit too.

With avatars, I usually go through phases where there are a couple of things I don't take off, but change the rest around. Eventually the items I keep on change too though. I can remember items that I have worn for long times, but I'll still feel okay removing them if I feel like it. I think the dark halo is one item that I seldom unequip. Not totally sure why, I'm just used to it and I like it.

When I first started, those male goth pants and boots and the romani glasses were basically glued to me, but I haven't worn them for ages since there's so much new stuff out there.

I've had a dark elf base for quite a long time, but I do often cover it up with other skins. I enjoy the variety. Before that I was a devil imp, and before that I was human for ages. I have cross-dressed this avatar too, though not very seriously.

I have become anonymous, but it wasn't to stalk or trick anyone.

Tricky Cat

gaia_nitemareleft gaia_crown gaia_nitemareright
That's REALLY ******** creepy, borderline psychopathic.
gaia_star

Yorugami

gaia_nitemareright Extras >> have you changed yourself to become anonymous and stalked your well known friends pretending to be someone you're not? wink

xMichikun's Fav

Invisible Hoarder

17,075 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Battle: KO 200
When I first started on Gaia, I rarely posted in the forums. Maybe once or twice a year, honestly.
So I highlyyyy doubt anyone would recognize me from then unless my username somehow left
an impression because that's the only thing I haven't changed during the seven years I've been on here.
Nowadays, I suppose it may be my post style that people would remember? That never changes.
(Though, I've actually been told that someone recognized me from my name and sig.)
I tend to remember people best by their sigs because that's in the center of the screen when I scroll through a thread.

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Is there anything about you at all that you haven't changed since you first started on Gaia?
I'm still a huge weeaboo.

What are the things on a Gaian that helps you remember best their identity?
Beats me. I guess if they have the tendency to show up a lot or I talk to them a lot.

Have you changed so many times, that you scarcely remember what you were before?
I used to like fox ears and tail a lot. But, I still dress in various forms of monocrome + one color because I'm a boring person.

Names are supposed to be permanent and yet on Gaia you can change them multiple times....what's in a name that you have to change it around?
I changed the name on this account exactly once because it was a boring name. I switched from a different account though. Originally I used it for avatar cosplay/bank, and then it became a permanent account. I stopped using it because unfortunately, I was being stalked through it.

Avatars: something about your avatar you haven't changed for a long time? (be it skin, scar, underwear?)
Color scheme. And I guess the prince haircut and f type skin.

Extras >> have you changed yourself to become anonymous and stalked your well known friends pretending to be someone you're not?
Nope. That's hella creepy.

Tricky Cat

I am the Lady of Luminosity
gaia_star

Tipsy Genius

Well, I've started to post in the forums more.
I remember gaians who are a regular in a particular forum.
Nope.
I only changed my username once, and that's because the first one sucked.
My skin hasn't changed. And the goggles as well.
And no, I don't stalk people. Mainly because I don't have any friends to stalk. emotion_8c

Kawaii Carnivore

Well, I guess that I am not really different from when I started : I kept the same name, the same love for brightly colored clothes , the same crazy OC-inspired avis ...Except for one thing : I started out as female here , but then , I lost a debt and had to change into a male for 3 days .And ...I realized that I enjoyed it and never came back to my female avi. Still, the reaction of my friends were pretty funny : my best online friend just didn 't care and laughed , saying we could make pair-themed avi (we were both into winged pixie -like avis at the time ) but strangely enough, some others didn 't seem really happy with the change and went as far as to question my sexuality . I wonder why .It is not like I cared but I mean , come on, Gaia is pretty much like a dreamland you create for yourself :why not trying something totally different from you ? ( I am a lolita wearing , antiquaries-lover in rl while here , I am much more ...technologically advanced ? XD) . And strangely enough, I always remember what I was at one point or other , but I think it is because I put a lot of thoughts when creating a new avi, so the memory stays ...As for the name, I never changed mine because it has a deep meaning to me.

I don 't really mind when people change their post-format or avi ' s appearance since I change them a lot myself . What is more problematic to me is when they change their name without telling me : I have a horrible memory concerning names, and knowing that panda-lover something can become xxStickuXxx in a breath sounds threatening to my memory ...And I have a hard time calling them by their new names , after that .What helps me remember who they are their personality , Ocs , Art , Interests , etc...And of course if we have talked a lot together .

Something that I haven 't changed in my avatar in a long time ? Mmh , Radio Jack . I always end up using it a way or the other , either the ears , wings , and especially the eyes . Also I always wear the same underwear , Nicolae 's . But sheesh, don 't tell him wink .

Have you changed yourself to become anonymous and stalked your well-known friends ?
Ergh , never , why ? And ,if I ever did ,they would recognize me anyway XD.

Wheezing Fatcat

I think the only thing I haven't changed is my gender and skin tone since I started out. :U
But I think people who make important threads or interesting threads are people who I remember most. And also people who give me a good impression. LOL

Ruthless Shapeshifter

TINSTAAFL
Yoru, you're the same lad I've always known. You say you've changed, but other than your avatars being much less lolita inspired. You still can't take off those horns though! lol
I miss seeing your posts in SF. You always had nifty ideas, and I'm still very grateful for your help with the Nestegg's hat. heart
I'm just glad you're still with us here on Gaia! biggrin

And the only thing I've kept throughout the years on Gaia have been my eyes. I've had the same eyes since I started this site, though I still use contacts.

I think people recognize me, though I don't know what makes me stand out. sweatdrop

WHAT? I was never in the lolita phase D:
That's just blasphemous XD /joking
But yes...I rarely if ever am without horns >>; and I certainly collect a ton of them.

D: The SF has devolved into I hate Alchemy and I hate the Voting system recently though...
And I had such good memories of those well organized EI threads. I was sad to see them go.

And I recognize you mostly for your quirky and interesting avatars as well as your name.
XD You're still around pretty much every crook and cranny of the forums I tend to hang out in.
/usually reads your posts on the GCD topics

Ruthless Shapeshifter

a Foure
That's REALLY ******** creepy, borderline psychopathic.
gaia_star

Yorugami

gaia_nitemareright Extras >> have you changed yourself to become anonymous and stalked your well known friends pretending to be someone you're not? wink

I hear about it with people using mules though XD
I mean the GCD is maybe a little more decent...but I think some
people out there, especially in the black underground of Gaia, must
have done it?

And..I think I know a few who keep Troll mules out there. ninja

Stellar Succubus

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This was found by searching my old username in tektek.(I had to tweak it and resave it to remove an ubi parasol) It was my avatar after about a month of being on Gaia.

Yeah, I'd say I've changed... but not so much that I don't still love the dual toned avatar (black with another bold colour) So there are some similarities that have remained, if you look closely.

As for stalking people, I really do not care to do that. I will just become normally interested in a person, and then forget about them. I have a shitty memory.

Edit: And I don't really care about being recognisable, despite sticking with a regular base for the past two years. Fame is good for some. Not for me.
Perstaria
I always change things periodically...even accounts entirely a few times. For me, nothing has stayed the same. Not my avatar, not my sig, not any particular item, nothing.

I'm just the same. I'm always moving accounts (like this one today) in hopes of trying something new. Still, if I was more decisive it would be less hassle. sweatdrop

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I haven't changed since my newbie days. I use the same themes for my avi's clothes and except for the removal of the underscores, I retained my username. I haven't changed my sig for some time too. They all work for me and I'm used to the "identity" of my avi that I have established so I don't want to change anything.

I still recognize some users who change names (although I'm not friends with them) by the way they type their responses unless they decided to change even their tone of writing.

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
VVhip
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This was found by searching my old username in tektek.(I had to tweak it and resave it to remove an ubi parasol) It was my avatar after about a month of being on Gaia.

Yeah, I'd say I've changed... but not so much that I don't still love the dual toned avatar (black with another bold colour) So there are some similarities that have remained, if you look closely.

As for stalking people, I really do not care to do that. I will just become normally interested in a person, and then forget about them. I have a shitty memory.

Edit: And I don't really care about being recognisable, despite sticking with a regular base for the past two years. Fame is good for some. Not for me.
I recognized you by your sig, and then saw your avi equipped with the whip you frequently use in your avi's. Even if right now it's a bit cluttered and hard to see, if you changed your sig image I probably wouldn't have recognized you. lol

Nothin creepy/stalker, I just see you post in here often with a sadistic sort of avi.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff