Welcome to Gaia! ::

On gaia forums not everyone has the time to sit down and read the rules. People make mistakes and put their forums in the wrong thing all the time. So why be rude about it? Simply point out their mistake and try to help them. Not everyone is perfect so why judge everyone like they should be?

Krule Keke's Significant Otter

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
"Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

If you don't have time to read the rules and guidelines of a particular forum then why post in forums at all?

"Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wagh’nagl fhtagn."

Fox Bakudan's Waifu

Princess Felidae

emotion_facepalm

Wow. Much butthurt over someone correcting you and trying to prevent you from getting in trouble.

She wasn't rude. She simply stated the truth. "You can't. Next time you should post in Q&A."
Just because it's not sugar-coated with rainbow, sparkles and unicorn farts doesn't make it rude, trolling or inflammatory in any way..

Edit: as for what I think?
Maybe I shouldn't say.
'Cause I'm sure as hell not gonna be nice.

Sweet Witch

This Sticky at the top of the forum explains that flaming users in misplaced threads is against the rules, but unfortunately a lot of people have missed reading it.

Edit: I just read your previous thread to see what the situation was, and the user who responded to you wasn't being rude, they just answered your question and posted a link to the proper forum.
Calelith

If you don't have time to read the rules and guidelines of a particular forum then why post in forums at all?

To ask other people for help on a subject. To get some simple answers to a question you have from someone who probably asked the same thing when they first started. Or simply to find out others opinions on something they probably wondered about themselves.

Kid-Jak-A-Lynn's Husband

Diamond Diamond

42,050 Points
  • Glacial Champion 350
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Level 10 250
Honestly it is better to read the forum stickies then have a Mod have to tell them to you

most misplaced threads won't even get a post saying what you did wrong instead simply reporting the thread.

Krule Keke's Significant Otter

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
NeonHokapoo
Calelith

To ask other people for help on a subject. To get some simple answers to a question you have from someone who probably asked the same thing when they first started. Or simply to find out others opinions on something they probably wondered about themselves.

If you want help you need to find the correct forum related to what you need help. The GCD is not the correct forum to ask a question like the one you asked and you were told by at least one person the correct forum. You were even given a link to the correct forum.

You wouldn't expect someone to ask a tech question in the Anime/Manga/Comics Forum, would you?

You have to take the time to read the rules&guidelines, as well the FAQs, of each forum so you don't make the mistake you did.

Divine Muse

NeonHokapoo
On gaia forums not everyone has the time to sit down and read the rules. People make mistakes and put their forums in the wrong thing all the time. So why be rude about it? Simply point out their mistake and try to help them. Not everyone is perfect so why judge everyone like they should be?

On Gaia, when you make an account, you agree to the TOS and the RULES.

If you can't follow the rules when you have already agreed to them on making an account, that is your responsibility. Noone else can be blamed if you break the rules. We don't want to see you on a Mule in the SF going "I WAS BANNED UNFAIRLY!!" or "I DIDN'T READ THE TOS"

People make mistakes, yes, but to go off on someone who was only answering your question was wrong. How would YOU like it if you were trying to help someone and they wrongfully accused you of something you didn't do?

"You are in the wrong forum"

Is. Not. Rude.

Tiny Shapeshifter

If you got the time to go out to buy stuff and dress up your avatar, then you're wrong. You DO have the time to look up forum rules, understand them, and to follow/apply them.

Hungry Immortal

38,775 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Cookie Collector 400
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
As one user above me said, once you registered you agreed to some rules. It is expected taht you should follow them. If you don't have time to read the rules, then you shouldn't have the time to post in the forums, either. Next time, give two minutes of your life to reading the guidelines everyone else read as well, and then maybe you won't get offended over trivial matter.

Tipsy Genius

The rules are there for a reason. Mistakes happen (frequently! especially in this forum) but people apologize and either close their thread or have it moved. That being said, if your mistake happened because you decided not to read the rules, it's not an accident--it's entirely your responsibility, so don't argue that you "didn't have time" to read the rules, especially if you have time to post about it.

That being said: Nobody was rude to you. Someone informed you that you made a mistake and pointed you in the right direction so you could get better and quicker answers next time you had a question.

Loyal Kitten

As others have said, you agreed to the rules when you signed up. If you can't be assed to read them and follow them, why should people be assed to hold your hand and walk you through something you should already know?

Most people don't bother correcting misplaced threads and just report them. That's generally what I do because honestly, you get someone like you who gets upset because someone pointed out to them that they posted in the wrong forum. No one's got time to deal with someone having a temper tantrum over something minor like, "This should be in ____ forum". Which isn't rude at all. It's funny that you think it is though.

Divine Muse

Persnicketease
As others have said, you agreed to the rules when you signed up. If you can't be assed to read them and follow them, why should people be assed to hold your hand and walk you through something you should already know?

Most people don't bother correcting misplaced threads and just report them. That's generally what I do because honestly, you get someone like you who gets upset because someone pointed out to them that they posted in the wrong forum. No one's got time to deal with someone having a temper tantrum over something minor like, "This should be in ____ forum". Which isn't rude at all. It's funny that you think it is though.

The OP was able to post in the Questions forum in February so I have no idea why she can't, now.

Timely Traveler

20,450 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
If someone takes something like "this thread should be in such and such a forum" as being rude, they probably need to check their sensitivity levels. There's really nothing rude about that. Now if someone comes in and posts something like "hey ********, learn to read and stop misplacing threads", then yes that's rude. But most of the time I see people being pretty civil about informing others that their topic is misplaced. Anyways, it takes all of two seconds to check the rules for the forum you're posting in, so I don't think that not having read the rules is a legit excuse.

Kid-Jak-A-Lynn's Husband

Diamond Diamond

42,050 Points
  • Glacial Champion 350
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Level 10 250
Jayce Reinhardt

The OP was able to post in the Questions forum in February so I have no idea why she can't, now.

I can completely understand accidentally misplacing a thread but going to this length to try and call out the person that corrected them i think the OP might be trolling a bit.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff