Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Lunatic

10,575 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Gender Swap 100
Quote:
X_Gokai-Okuzuko_X

Hello, I couldn't find the original post, but while browsing I came across a few things that I had said that you in turn responded to and wanted to clear something up.

If you are outside of the community and go on to try to prove a point by saying such enlightened things as "[...] seen people torn down for being Bi because 'they cant choose', A sexuals laughed at and mocked. Gays laughed a for not being gay enough or too gay. Gays who are disgusted by drag queens, it goes on and on, " please insert yourself into the nearest car smasher. You do not get to discuss problems about communities you are not a part of, especially considering the entire reason these problems exist is because we have internalized the bullshit you have crammed in our mouths before we were even conceived. There would not be problems of ace erasure, bi erasure, or trans exclusion among the LGBTQAIP+ community if not for the ******** scaffolding allo cishets have built upon our bodies and upon the bodies of people like us that came before us. Of course there is internalized bullshit, the best way to oppress people is to conquer them, divide them, and start wars among them. Stay out.

First off the whole point of my post to was to explain why people where feeling a certain way. Second off I pointed those reasons out as an example of how muddled the community is, when we argue with each other over things such as what really is gay or not etc.

My frustration with the whole situation comes from the fact everyone is being quick to jump down each others throats without once thinking about where the other is coming from.

As such, you are quick to tell me to butt out, jump in a car compactor, and to mind my own business, without so much as understanding what I am or where I might be trying to come from.

As someone who is pan-sexual (Which honestly is just the tip of the iceberg so to say), part of the community, and fights for equality just like anyone else does, I find it disgusting for you to make such rash comments instead of just responding and asking why or what I meant. Or even a simple "I disagree." would have sufficed.

I don't want to come across as rude, and I'm not trying to start anything, but I feel like I needed to say something about this.

(I think he might have blocked me, so I don't know if he'll see this o.o''')

Snarky Vampire

39,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Champion 300
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
I'm not one to advertise myself and my preferences, so these items aren't of any use to me. But I think it's wonderful that Gaia is reaching out to its users of alternate sexual preferences. Gaia has shown nothing but cultural sensitivity by making the flags and banners available, and I commend them for showing such sensitivity. I do, however, want to make it known that I don't approve of people making this such a controversial issue that a staff notice had to be released to remind the users that speaking your mind is not an acceptable excuse for being a turd to someone else. I'd also like to remind everyone that free speech rights doesn't mean you can say anything, ever, to anyone, and not face due consequences for your words and actions. If everyone could calm down about this and reexamine how they've been addressing other people, that would be great. If everyone could put their differences aside to celebrate the wonderful diversity among Gaians at large in whatever way they feel is appropriate, that would be excellent.

Conservative Sex Symbol

8,700 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Ally and All love on Gaia. :'D

Impassioned Misfit

They... released... an... "Ally" flag?
I'm ********... I'm speechless. I just. Wow. Really? Really?
burning_eyes

Bibliophile

Liking the ally flag smile Now even more people can show their support.

Ruthless Shapeshifter

The only thing that bugs me about the whole issue is that its only in the recent
years that people have needed to name every single category into special
snowflake columns of types and subcategories and subspecies. XD
It makes it effing confusing and I fear that one day we'll have so many sexualities
that everyone needs to have an ID coded number to label their kind of sexuality.
>__>; But otherwise, I support alternative sexualities as long as they don't hurt
no one and ain't oppressing no one, including themselves.

Also...make me wish we'd have more subtle flags behind out avis rather than
the HUGE ones we have now. (more ideas to release in the future?) And maybe
ones with silver/black accents. O___O Because gold can be so gawdy sometimes.

Other than that. Everytime this issue comes out...we all realize that no matter
how we think alternative sexualities have now become acceptable. There's still a lot
of hate in the world. Even somewhere as open as the internet. >__>;

But people continue to be people.

VSC_Heartz's Wife

Divine Defender

30,225 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
hajimessu
Did they seriously release an ally flag?
Seriously?
Well at least I know who to block, now. I'm not going to be talking to anyone with that flag, I swear. Anyone who calls themselves an ally (which you shouldn't even be doing because thats OUR job; WE'RE the ones who're grudgingly give you that title) yet think they needed an ally flag isn't an ally; they're just self-entitled brats who couldn't handle the idea of us having a single thing to ourselves. You don't need a flag to show yourself as an "ally"; it's your actions that matter to us, not what you stick on your avatar, and quite frankly by having that on your avatar you're advertising that you're not the ally we want to be talking to.

Are you even serious? How dare people show support for something they are not? How dare people be accepting of the non-norm? How dare people ever choose to support people who are different? You don't need a flag show you're gay, les, bi, trans, or anything else either. But people like to show their support (favor) or just wear it because, hell, these are nice looking items.
You're a self-entitled brat who can't seem to handle the idea of ******** equality. (Lots of non-cis non-hetero people asked for an ally flag too, fyi.)

Bunny

Personal opinion: Love the newly added flags. heart

Lady Lunatic

Wow ok I knew reading this was only going to upset me but something really has to be said.
I am extremely disappointed by some of the comments from others in the community regarding allies.
Yeah of course straight people have more privileges than us and don't have to explain or justify their sexuality to others, or be afraid to 'come out' as straight. NO ONE is arguing that!
But to say that allies don't belong in the LGBTQ community is BS.
In high school I was bullied because of my sexuality among other things. I went to school in a hick town and though we didn't have a lot of open LGBT people I had about two friends who were gay but most of my friends were actually straight. Some of them were harassed simply for being my friend. Everyone thought my best friend was also a lesbian because she hung out with me, no- any straight girl who hung out with me would be accused of being a lesbian and also ridiculed.
I participated in the Day of Silence every year and many straight people also endured harassment to participate.
Yeah I'm not going to say someone deserves a medal for being a decent human being but they are a part of the community too. Without the support of my friends I wouldn't have made it.

I mean... isn't the point of the Pride movement about SOLIDARITY?! About ACCEPTANCE? We're lashing out and alienating the same people that we demand acceptance from. Personally I want to take steps to move us closer to being accepted by the majority, not take us two steps back.

It's not even about the flags anymore and honestly I don't care if my own 'weird' sexuality isn't specifically acknowledged (panromantic lesbians where you at) I'm just incredibly happy that they are recognizing and supporting a community that has always been marginalized and harassed.

LET GAIA BE AN ALLY UNLESS YOU NEVER WANT THEM TO DO ANYTHING FOR US ANYMORE.

Cosmogonal Cultist

33,915 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
At this point, I'm tempted to don the ally flag just to antagonize the people who are so consumed by righteous fury about its mere existence. lol

I'm honestly really disappointed in the community. I've never given a damn whether the people I was chatting with on the forums were gay, straight, trans, or whatever... I always felt like we were part of a bigger community. Then the flags come out, and it's like, ho s**t, the battle lines have been drawn.

All of sudden, it's either "we're being left out," or "the cissies are invading our community!"

And I'm seeing all kinds of people act in petty, viscous ways... people I never would have expected it from.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the day when this all blows over, and we can just forget about this whole damn mess. stare

Lady Lunatic

The Iron Magus
At this point, I'm tempted to don the ally flag just to antagonize the people who are so consumed by righteous fury about its mere existence. lol

I'm honestly really disappointed in the community. I've never given a damn whether the people I was chatting with on the forums were gay, straight, trans, or whatever... I always felt like we were part of a bigger community. Then the flags come out, and it's like, ho s**t, the battle lines have been drawn.

All of sudden, it's either "we're being left out," or "the cissies are invading our community!"

And I'm seeing all kinds of people act in petty, viscous ways... people I never would have expected it from.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the day when this all blows over, and we can just forget about this whole damn mess. stare

Ohgod I know it's like, terrible things happen to LGBT people around the world and we're getting up in arms about flags.

Priorities, people. The straight person who wants to wear a rainbow flag because they want to show their support is not the enemy. I understand why some may find it annoying or ~ appropriation ~ but come on no one is trying to take a slice out of your oppression pie.

Phantom

scuttlefish
The Iron Magus

Ohgod I know it's like, terrible things happen to LGBT people around the world and we're getting up in arms about flags.

Priorities, people. The straight person who wants to wear a rainbow flag because they want to show their support is not the enemy. I understand why some may find it annoying or ~ appropriation ~ but come on no one is trying to take a slice out of your oppression pie.
I'm a part of the spectrum and I'm not even worked up about it. I don't speak for anyone and no one speaks for me.

I have to state where my orientation lies in things like this sometimes because some flippant jackass will assume I'm a cishet because my thoughts don't mix with theirs.

Doesn't help that the LGBT+ community can't manage their own infighting worth s**t, another reason why I don't really interact much with the community itself anymore. lol

Hungry Immortal

38,775 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Cookie Collector 400
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
Honestly, I love them. I wasn't even thinking of using one, especially since I was rather confused in that regard; but as of recent, as I started to come to terms with myself, I felt like donning one, even if merely on a silly pixel picture of an online community. I dunno, it is kinda comforting, considering I'm living in a country where such a thing is barely discussed.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff