Welcome to Gaia! ::

What is your opinion?

I believe Gaia is making the right move 0.015672091621459 1.6% [ 26 ]
I think Gaia is focusing on Gaia Cash too much 0.2579867389994 25.8% [ 428 ]
I am glad there are more opportunities for us Gaia Cash users 0.015069318866787 1.5% [ 25 ]
I am just glad my quest item hasn't been significantly affected by this 0.0030138637733574 0.3% [ 5 ]
I think Gaia is planning to milk us all until we leave 0.20735382760699 20.7% [ 344 ]
I think the economy here was ruined years ago and this only sealed the coffin, so to speak 0.095840867992767 9.6% [ 159 ]
I think Gaia is thinking too much about short-term profits from its user base 0.20735382760699 20.7% [ 344 ]
I think Gaia knows what it's getting itself into and this inflation was intended 0.15069318866787 15.1% [ 250 ]
I don't particularly care / Impartial 0.034960819770946 3.5% [ 58 ]
Other / Got a option not listed above? Post it in the comments below! 0.01205545509343 1.2% [ 20 ]
Total Votes:[ 1659 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Newbie Noob

7,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
This thread is a social experiment to gather to opinion of as many people as possible on the current situation in Gaia.

Information for the unaware

Gaia has recently caused an massive injection of Gaia Gold into the Gaia marketplace with their new CIs, Black Friday-type sales and the selling of the coveted Angelic Halo; once a symbol of dedication has now been turned into a symbol of whom is willing to blow 1 grand.

Your response?

The vocal response to this has been generally negative, but what about you? What do you think about this 'situation?'

Vote in the poll above to give your say and to see what other Gaians are thinking. A few of the options on the poll are similar so try to pick the one that best suits you or if you feel the poll has not listed your opinion, please post it below.

Lucky Informer

12,100 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Junior 100
Why are people still going on about the inflation? A majority of it is pretty much gone now, I don't understand why people are clenching onto the subject as if it were their own life. And even if the inflation were still around, who cares? There's nothing you can do about it, Gaia already knows that we want some form of gold sink (which we DID get with the Barton Boutique grab bag), what more could you possibly want? Plus, what do the CIs and the sales have to do with an influx of gold when they are all GC based? That part doesn't even make sense.

Re-releasing the Angelic Halo only affects people who already have it and are trying to sell it. And personally I don't even think it's that great of an item, it's just a halo, and we have plenty of those.

Tiny Inquisitor

Didn't your last thread get moved to the CB, op?

Anyway. Inflation is going to happen, unfortunately. That's just the way the cookie crumbles.

Newbie Noob

7,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
Jeffrey M Roth
Didn't your last thread get moved to the CB, op?

Anyway. Inflation is going to happen, unfortunately. That's just the way the cookie crumbles.

Yeah, it did. One of the reasons I'm doing this is to see for myself what kind of threads get moved by the caretakers here.

Tiny Inquisitor

sleath56

Yeah, it did. One of the reasons I'm doing this is to see for myself what kind of threads get moved by the caretakers here.

Orrr you could just read the forum FAQ? I mean, it's not hard to find. It's sticky'd.

Not that I really care, mind you. It just seems a little silly of you to be 'experimenting' that way. rofl

Anyways, if you have things to discuss/post your opinion in the first post (instead of leaving it just to a poll), you're less likely to get moved to a different and more appropriate forum. 3nodding

Newbie Noob

7,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
Jeffrey M Roth
sleath56

Orrr you could just read the forum FAQ? I mean, it's not hard to find. It's sticky'd.

Not that I really care, mind you. It just seems a little silly of you to be 'experimenting' that way. rofl

Anyways, if you have things to discuss/post your opinion in the first post (instead of leaving it just to a poll), you're less likely to get moved to a different and more appropriate forum. 3nodding

Ah, so thats how it is. Thanks for your enlightening words. xd

By the way, no self-respecting denizen of the 21st century Inter-globe would read stickyd rules that would give ToS agreements a run for their money on every *single* forum site they go to... so this is what I've done instead.

Tiny Inquisitor

sleath56

Ah, so thats how it is. Thanks for your enlightening words. xd

By the way, no self-respecting denizen of the 21st century Inter-globe would read stickyd rules that would give ToS agreements a run for their money on every *single* forum site they go to... so this is what I've done instead.

You're welcome. whee

Oh dear. Well I mean it would behoove them to at least skim. That's sort of like buying a Cuisinart and not reading the instruction manuals! You're going to run into a bit of trouble.

Or buying a stickshift car after learning on an automatic... //shivers;; ugh.

Anyway! Happy threading!

Stellar Succubus

Bootygrab caused the inflation initially.

And zOMG.

*shrugs* I ain't even mad.

Couple gold sinks might be fun.

Unstoppable Krampus

I don't really think it's a big deal. I'm pretty much indifferent to all the sales, what's way more annoying is all the people screaming about them and how Gaia is greedy and only cares about money and is trying to bleed everyone dry. I spend a lot of time in Site Feedback and it's just tiring when 70% of the threads are about the same thing, and then Uncle Kenny comes in to clarify something and gets accused of lying or having no idea what he's doing.

No matter what Gaia does, people are just going to b***h and moan about every little thing. Update something cash related, and users just complain that they're ignoring the free stuff. Update something gold related or free, and users complain that it wasn't big/long/good enough and clearly they only care about money. All things being equal, I can see why they'd just say "******** it" and go with the stuff that makes them money.

User Image

Barton Gaian

16,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
sleath56
Information for the unaware

Gaia has recently caused an massive injection of Gaia Gold into the Gaia marketplace with their new CIs, Black Friday-type sales and the selling of the coveted Angelic Halo; once a symbol of dedication has now been turned into a symbol of whom is willing to blow 1 grand.

Neither of these have been a cause of inflation. Inflation of prices is caused by putting more money (Gaia Gold) into the system, one way or another - nothing else. Giving dozens of people Halos does not cause inflation, although it does cause the Halo itself (and possibly worth of people who previously owned one) to drop in worth.

The inflation has been caused mostly by Flynn's Booty, putting millions of gold into the hands of many users, which did cause inflation. Both issues have potential negative consequences, but you want to be sure you're recognizing the correct causes.

As for the topic, I am afraid that "Your response?" is a bit too vague a question to answer. What do I think of inflation? What do I think of recent inflation on Gaia? What do I think the Gaia staff is doing regarding the issue? What do I think about the differences between inflation in a real-world market and in a virtual market? It's a pretty broad topic to cover.

Distinct Seeker

I love seeing how all the wealthier Gaians more or less reply with: "What inflation? LAWL", "It isn't even THAT bad of an inflation", "Stop whining players and buy Gcash".
Clearly viewing everything as a whole, from the veterans to the newbies is blind from ignorance to these rich pocketed fellows..

Sparkly Fairy

blech.

Just went to buy a Ruined Souls gen 2, lowest buy now: 1.5 mil. WTH. 400k-500k until the past 2 days. I was willing to even pay 600k. But not 1.5 mil or even close to that. ABP is up 70% to 940k+ and still spiked. Ridic.

Edit: just looked at first gen. was in the 600k-700k range for the past month. LBP, 2 mil. ABP: 1.3mil +46% in the past couple days.

For someone who struggles to make gold on this site, its really bothersome. Only reason i have any semblance of gold(6mil) is from buying $5 cash and getting flynns booty. Only did that just so id have some gold as prices go up.

Predestined Hoarder

I can't vote on two options:

I think Gaia is focusing on Gaia Cash too much, but I also think they know what they are doing. Making the Cash always a more interesting idea than trying to gain the gold on our own within the site.

I also think the economy got ruined with GGR (Gaia Gaia Revolution?) that was the first RIG to give out gold.

Unforgiving Gaian

16,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
Gaia is on the road to pay-to-play, many cash users are also in agreement to weeding out the "leeches" as they have been calling non-cash users and asking Gaia to become a subscription site. Now that gold is worthless and the best means of income has been cash, I only see new users able to make accounts for "free" then its CASH from there out.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
>I think Flynn's Booty was the worst thing Gaia could ever do.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff