Welcome to Gaia! ::

I hide mine bc I'm not wearing underwear and don't want anyone to know it.

Destructive Bunny

I can understand if someone's cosplaying and want to submit to the arena in the future.

Or if they have really unique avatars like Existential Existance.

Otherwise it seems paranoid to me. I never hide mine.

Dantrech's Princess

Demure Trash

I use to hide mine when I'm cosplaying to enter to arena

right now I have it hidden because I just forgot to enable it xD

LadyShi's Husband

Handsome Noob

I hide mine because I have experienced several posers in the past, and they pretended to be my mule. They then started friending my friends, establishing n00b guilds and then borrow expensive 03s from my friends. Of course a few end up lending items, under the assumption they're lending their goods to me - was a mess

not counting the poser trolls who setup CB threads, claiming to be my mule and offering to donate to them if they send trades to their "main" account (which they claim is me). Since the account dressed similarly to mine (minus the rare items), newbs/noobs believed it - that was annoying

emotion_donotwant

Ladykiller

I just hide it because everything is pretty basic there.
If you want to know the item, just pm the person c:
At least with me I'll be gladly to say which item is which.

Indomitable Bro

i've had my avatar copied before. (not this one, but back when i was a robot) sweatdrop
I really don't mind if someone asks me about an item though, it's nbd.

Tricky Saint

Because first world problems.

Angelic Champion

I don't get angry, but I do get a bit sad.
I feel like I would be bothering the person if I PM'd them to ask what wig they were wearing, or what item their shoes came from so 9 times out of 10 I won't PM them.

I always leave my items viewable because I know what it's like to be in the situation where you're dying to know what an item is but have no idea. My avatars aren't super fantastic so I don't think I stand any chance of them being "copied". Even if they are, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right?

Coffee Lass's Kouhai

Pal

Man I used to get SO ANNOYED when people hid their equip list! rofl
But now I don't care as much. I figured I'll find the item sooner or later some other way. And I'm not in as much of a rush to find out what poses come from what items as I used to since my interest in items has been dwindling.

I personally don't feel the need to hide my list. While I can understand why some others have to, I haven't experienced any copy cats nor have I ever gotten into any drama because of it. Plus I wouldn't want others to feel the way I felt when I'd click on their list and come up short.

Cute Transform

16,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Marathon 300
  • Full closet 200
Well it's helpful somewhat.
And especially because like some people are really rude when you ask them what an item is. :I

Vector Theta's Husbando

Mega Man-Lover

icyMOTHA
I don't get angry, but I do get a bit sad.
I feel like I would be bothering the person if I PM'd them to ask what wig they were wearing, or what item their shoes came from so 9 times out of 10 I won't PM them.

I always leave my items viewable because I know what it's like to be in the situation where you're dying to know what an item is but have no idea. My avatars aren't super fantastic so I don't think I stand any chance of them being "copied". Even if they are, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right?

Yeah that's sort of how I feel. I know of at least one user who says they won't tell anyone what they're wearing even if they are asked. I mean it doesn't really hurt to ask and I think that person is in the minority but I still don't feel like bothering them.

As long as they're not doing it in the way B R A I N experienced. Impersonating someone, framing someone... that s**t is a nightmare. Darkman hur hur.

wizstays's Rival

Garbage

13,150 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Mine's opened because I don't really care and it's kind of annoying when people ask you what item you're wearing ; n ; )

Golden Warrior

20,325 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Is all for the 'COPYrights', so... lol

Mega Noob

I rage. But silently.

Because I know that even if I knew the item, and bought it for millions, I prob wouldn't change my avi. emotion_facepalm

Cute Transform

16,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Marathon 300
  • Full closet 200
And as for the "copy"rights;
I once had a mint / pink / white avatar that I liked and wore around. I happened to wander into a towns server and lo and behold, there was with someone with a similar avatar (Only similar in the ways of Jenny Blush, Ithildyn Armor, and Sweet Pea; otherwise it was just color scheme similarities). Now I knew who this person was by their username; they were friends with a lot of my other friends on here. She just walked up to me, said something among the lines of "omg = . = " and left.
and that was all an ACCIDENT. I didn't mean to look like her and she didn't mean to look like me; but she took it as me "copying" her whenever I didn't mean to at all.

I'm sorry I like mint, pink and white as a color scheme.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff