Welcome to Gaia! ::

I think it's silly. And probably only a thing between 13-year-olds or teens around that age.

Zack Mcdol's Widow

Dedicated Dabbler

17,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100

I had me a boyfriend on here when I was about 13, and we chatted all the time on the system Gaia had back then (the speech bubbles by your avatar? Anyone else remember that?) and one day he just never logged again. And I swore then I would never love again nah just kidding. I just find it hysterical now.

Program_Virus's Husband

Manly Wife

I some what understand the whole date one person on one site and then another on a separate site.
Its strange to me since dating shouldn't be seen as a joke or something like that :/
but I guess people do that if the other agrees to such- i mean I remember having a cousin who dated someone IRL but had an 'online' bf who practically spoiled her and he was totally cool with her being with someone else.
Still a strange concept.
but to each their own.

I take dating seriously, both IRL and on site sweatdrop

Green Smoker

Nemariel
So if there's one thing that I never understood, it's the whole "Gaia Boyfriend/Girlfriend" thing that some users are into on this site. I mean, not to say that you can't find love online, but the whole concept of a boyfriend or girlfriend strictly for one site seems a little..silly? to me. I mean, what do you do together? What's the point of having a Gaian SO? Just someone to give you things? Someone to talk to? And if their only use is as a confidant, why not just call them a friend? The whole thing confuses me. Maybe some of you guys can explain. Have you ever had a Gaian boyfriend/girlfriend? Do you have one specific friend that you hang out with more than anyone else here? How did you pick your Gaian husband/wife?

I can agree with you there. Guess I'm one of those people so firmly rooted in reality that I cannot understand the appeal of an online relationship as a whole though.

Tiny Pumpkin

If this is in regards to the marriage system, I married my IRL girlfriend on here on our mains the second it was available. It's just just a silly, sweet, romantic thing that makes us both happy. We've always known each other IRL, but a lot of our initial romance was enacted - I don't want to say on Gaia, but maybe because of Gaia? So we have a soft spot in our hearts for this place. heart

Ah, but I do know of a Gaia love story! My best friend isn't on here much anymore, so I'm sure she won't mind if I share a bit. 3nodding

They met on here when they were both 15. She loved to rp, and he was into the same things she was. They had a shared cultural background as well. After a few months of interest on both sides, they got together. The only problem? It had to be a net relationship only - because he lived in Hawaii, and she on the mainland! But they were Gaian boyfriend and girlfriend, and considered that as good as IRL.

They've been through a lot these past 8 years, but now they live together, and he proposed just this last Christmas. heart

mskeaton1's Wife

LoliPop Princess

40,850 Points
  • Candyland Heaven 500
  • Loli Pop Treasure Hunter 500
I made my fiance an avatar so everyone can see who I love. It's just a bonus that now we can be married on Gaia as we soon will be in real life. xD

Consenting, adult online dating doesn't bother me. Let users have their fun. Gaia is all about fantasy anyway.

Nyx Avalon's Waifu

Energetic Punk

27,815 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
I've told my story in other threads taking about Gaia relationships. My SO and I met here on Gaia back when we were both in high school but never really saw each other more than acquaintances until the pokemon silver and gold remakes came out and I made a on excited status about it coming out. 5 mins later I get a PM from him being all excited that I was into Pokemon. A few months later we started dating and we've been living together for 2 years now and I dont see us losing interest any time soon. We're practically married. XD

Though on Gaia we're married to different people XD he's married to a good friend of ours for shits and giggles, while I'm married to a good friend of mine I met waaay before him.

Cosmogonal Cultist

33,915 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
When I was younger, I thought the whole "Gaia dating" thing was a bit silly, even though it seemed common for people my age.

At present, I'd almost be tempted to try it out, since I'm in a situation where I'm kinda lonely, but also not in a good position for RL dating... but now I feel like I'm too old for the Gaia dating scene. sweatdrop

The irony.

In a relationship with VICTUURl

Hardcore Man-Lover

I never understood the whole Gaia BF/GF thing either, actually, I'm against dating online personally.
It's cool if others are into it, but for me, it's a no-go. The distance and being unable to actually go out with the other person is...not for me.
Dude, I want to actually be able to hold their hand and take long walks/go sight-seeing. Not play pretend with them.
Recently, I stumbled into one such online relationship just because I took a joke too far and couldn't take it back.
The strange relationship confirmed my every reason for not wanting to get into an online relationship in the first place and more.

Goat

I always assumed it was some role play thing. Like all those old meet and greet threads that use to be really popular in the, was it, friends chat.
Like someone else posted seems like something teens get into. I know I went through that phase.

Though I have actually met a couple, there were my neighbors, crazily enough.
But apparently they were a gaian couple and met here.
Not sure how long they were together before they basically said "lets move in with each other" and did it!
It kind of blows my mind.

Magical Phantom

i dont think its a serious thing most of the time. just for fun or roleplay or whatever... cool

Cuddly Blob

18,615 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Megathread 100
um from personal experience i see noting wrong with it. I met my boyfriend Sixx Sky on here, I mean yeah we give each other stuff, with gcash and with gold, but mostly we skyped and did join mes with giveaways together. That is until we got really serious and he moved here. He is now living with my mom and I and we havent been happier. So the dating thing is not silly in the least bit, obviously in my case serious relationships can spawn from this site. We had known each other for 7 months before he moved, and now we will have known each other for a year this may, so yeah he started as a gaia bf, went to something more serious, and now hes a in person boyfriend. So yeah. nothing silly about gaia bf/gfs unless of course one or the other is using the person to get things on here. thats uncool

Angelic Nitemare

Hassli
But how will s/he take me out to a nice seafood dinner and never call again?
Hey now. I did that one time. And you showed up in a green tux and came with a horde of baby grunnies.

They had a dress code. -____-

In all seriousness, there are some folks who happen to be in relationships, who has a coincidence also have Gaia accounts. Which is a lot of fun too. Like myself and Liri. Though she wanted to Gaia marry a mule based off the real me. That tart.

And if I remember right, don't you have a crush on one of the HBC ladies? wink

Tiny Nerd

18,950 Points
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • Magical Gems 500
I guess in a way i Gaia dated for a little while, i met my BF on here, we became very good friends and chat everyday for a whole year before deciding to hook up. He has stopped using Gaia now but i still have his avatar on my profile next to mine, kupo ^^

Yeata Zi's Bae

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
Ridley Starsmore
Hassli
But how will s/he take me out to a nice seafood dinner and never call again?
Hey now. I did that one time. And you showed up in a green tux and came with a horde of baby grunnies.

They had a dress code. -____-

In all seriousness, there are some folks who happen to be in relationships, who has a coincidence also have Gaia accounts. Which is a lot of fun too. Like myself and Liri. Though she wanted to Gaia marry a mule based off the real me. That tart.

And if I remember right, don't you have a crush on one of the HBC ladies? wink
were you mad because you had to buy dinner for each Diedrich?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff