Zhivago vs Edmund 0.17692307692308 17.7% [ 23 ]
Me vs UR MOM/DAD 0.24615384615385 24.6% [ 32 ]
Total Votes:[ 130 ]

Time-traveling Senshi

Kid Jak
Slick Southpaw

Chibi Halo

ok taking a step back lets see what the basic facts are

1, Nyx was isolated from his brothers who received more love/attention then him.

2, Nyx had a friend Ambition, together they were pranksters who played the foil to the higher gods.

3, Nyx turned on his friend and started using him to usurp/destroy the higher gods.

4, Ambition went to far and Nyx didn't want to stop. Sen and Overseer were banished/imprisoned becasue of them.

5, Ambition wanted more but not like this and went to Gaia with what they did.

6, nyx was banished for this,

7, Nyx and Curro made contact and formed an alliance.

8, the Don under Nyx's orders/help had Johnny Killed helped have Mellei killed and countless other lesser gods killed.

9, Gino is also on a short list of to be killed.

are any of these facts in contention?

1. Not really. Yes Meili was the oldest and it's easy to brag about what the oldest does (I'm the youngest of five so I know what that's like). However, that doesn't mean she didn't love him less. She tried to find something he was suited for because he wasn't a creator and gave him the moon to protect and control.

2. Innocent harmless pie in the face, shaving cream on the hand, and TP the house kind of pranks at first. But then they got more violent as Ambition got hooked on pulling pranks.

3. That's what the whole Sen and Marius issue was all about essentially.

4. More like Sen and Marius's fight got way too violent for Ambiton's liking and he wanted to stop with the whisper campaign but Nyx didn't want to. Ambition went to Gaia and fessed up what he and Nyx did taking full responsibility for his part. Nyx did not stop at all. What happened to Sen and Marius was mostly their own fault. Read back in Demonbusters 1 and you'll see that their own magic backfired and *POOF* oyster and isolation box. However, it happened because they were goaded on by Nyx and Ambition.

5 and 6. Gaia had to show no one was above the laws that she enforced not even her own sons. So much to her dislike she had to banish him like that.

7 to 9. No further comments other than it's much easier to call Kuro Luca, his first name.

Manly Lunatic

`Hydro
Qyp

He set the moon on auto pilot. Then he had nothing to do.

xD

Okay, the kid was bored and came down to visit his family. Nothing wrong there. He played harmless pranks. Who doesn't love a cream pie to the face? He just took his meddling too far and as far as we know he didn't try to repent when he took things too far. He is/was the balance to the light, he's still accountable for his actions, though.

Gaia just sucks as a mother, and she knows it.

Dragon Storyteller

52,425 Points
  • Heart of a Dragon 500
  • Embrace of Destiny 500
  • Empyrean Scribe 0
Qyp
`Hydro
Qyp

xD

Okay, the kid was bored and came down to visit his family. Nothing wrong there. He played harmless pranks. Who doesn't love a cream pie to the face? He just took his meddling too far and as far as we know he didn't try to repent when he took things too far. He is/was the balance to the light, he's still accountable for his actions, though.

But I don't think either Gaia or Nyx can be defined in such simple terms, I think to do so is disrespectful, in fact! Thus far we haven't seen any of the three other siblings, but she didn't seem to be a bad mother in Meili's eyes (even if you take the favoritism possibility out of the equation) and Meili even though she'd gone easy on Sen and Marius by their confinement.

Manly Lunatic

`Hydro
Qyp
`Hydro
Qyp

xD

But I don't think either Gaia or Nyx can be defined in such simple terms, I think to do so is disrespectful, in fact! Thus far we haven't seen any of the three other siblings, but she didn't seem to be a bad mother in Meili's eyes (even if you take the favoritism possibility out of the equation) and Meili even though she'd gone easy on Sen and Marius by their confinement.

Eh... the others went off and did their duties. Meili just happens to be the closest around I suspect. I would say the others to look after the Earth, Sea and Sky. Earth Dragon, Sky Phoenix and Sea Turtle. Or maybe the Phoenix is the SUN. While the Dragon is just general above ground, fauna, and flora, and all that, while the Turtle is the Oceans.

Fallen Pants

55,440 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
look you can't give your oldest kid a cool action figure and then your youngest a big old rock. there is no way that would end well. we are lucky Nyx didn't go all Majora's mask moon on us.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

`Hydro
Gaia does have a responsibility to the world too, and she can't favor her child above the law.
Not disagreeing with you there, I just think her punishment doesn't fit the crime.
`Hydro
That doesn't make Gaia a bad mother because she gave him a responsibility different than his siblings. What should she have done, then? Force him to something he was not suited to?
She should have talked to him and worked out the balance of life and death being essential in creation. Instead she shipped him off to a place where he can't break anything.
`Hydro
She's not perfect, she's a parent, she tried something when Nyx was challenged.
She's a goddess, shouldn't she be perfect emotion_awesome
`Hydro
She didn't just throw up her hands at the situation and treat him as helpless because he wasn't a "creator".
I call putting him on the moon because there's nothing there and separate from her creations to be throwing her hands up.
`Hydro
Also, Nyx is still responsible for his own actions. There was a point of time for him to realize his actions were wrong, when Ambition was uncomfortable with the consequences of their pranks. Ambition is the one to tell Gaia. Why can't Nyx have gone to Gaia, his own mother, and told her? Did he try at all to own up to the situation?
We know Ambition was the first to own up to it. As for Nyx not telling there could be a plethora of reasons, from being scared of getting punished by mom to not seeing the damage to just being spiteful.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

Chibi Halo
          Here's the thing to remember. If you read back to the first Demonbusters you'll understand better now that what happened to Sen and Marius was of their own doing. The fighting got so bad that at some point it backfired on them and *POOF* defensive magic user Marius turned himself into an oyster and offensive magic user Sen somehow got herself trapped in an isolation box. Gaia it seems had nothing to do with that punishment. She did leave them there to learn from their mistakes because they were not completely innocent in that worm fight.
Ah yes, I re-read it. And when Meili talks about them being in exile. She passively left them in exile, with no known end in sight. A jail sentence of isolation for how long? Hardly a way for teaching anyone anything.

How far does one have to go to prove to Gaia that they're truly sorry? Bajillions of years locked up alone? I mean, how was Nyx supposed to learn a thing or repent of his actions? Overseer and Sen are getting second chances at life despite their actions nearly becoming apocalyptic on Gaia.

Chibi Halo
          He gave it up because he didn't see what his mother was giving him. He didn't see how important controlling the tides and the rate at which Gaia spins thus dictating how long a day is on Gaia really was. Petty jealousy got the better of him.
He didn't see what his mom was giving him and she didn't give him the time of day to explain what she was giving him. :/

If this was supposed to be one of those "you never know what you lost until you lose it" fables, it's pretty far stretch considering that it went from magic backfiring to insta lock and isolation.

Manly Lunatic

ALL HAIL NYX! THE ONE GOD THAT WE SHOULD LOGICALLY WORSHIP!

Gaia punishments are stupid, and she is not worth our time! Those who could not handle Nyx's little pranks are weak and pitiful!

All hail Nyx!

All hail Nyx!

All hail Nyx!

All hail Nyx!

All hail Nyx!

Shade

16,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Devin 200
  • Punk Patrol 250
oH MY god
was that really the reason our dark lord nyx was imprisoned?
thats..........thats so freaking unjust
like, seriously, being banished to the void isn't worthy of that

Time-traveling Senshi

Slick Southpaw
Chibi Halo
          Here's the thing to remember. If you read back to the first Demonbusters you'll understand better now that what happened to Sen and Marius was of their own doing. The fighting got so bad that at some point it backfired on them and *POOF* defensive magic user Marius turned himself into an oyster and offensive magic user Sen somehow got herself trapped in an isolation box. Gaia it seems had nothing to do with that punishment. She did leave them there to learn from their mistakes because they were not completely innocent in that worm fight.
Ah yes, I re-read it. And when Meili talks about them being in exile. She passively left them in exile, with no known end in sight. A jail sentence of isolation for how long? Hardly a way for teaching anyone anything.

How far does one have to go to prove to Gaia that they're truly sorry? Bajillions of years locked up alone? I mean, how was Nyx supposed to learn a thing or repent of his actions? Overseer and Sen are getting second chances at life despite their actions nearly becoming apocalyptic on Gaia.

Chibi Halo
          He gave it up because he didn't see what his mother was giving him. He didn't see how important controlling the tides and the rate at which Gaia spins thus dictating how long a day is on Gaia really was. Petty jealousy got the better of him.
He didn't see what his mom was giving him and she didn't give him the time of day to explain what she was giving him. :/

If this was supposed to be one of those "you never know what you lost until you lose it" fables, it's pretty far stretch considering that it went from magic backfiring to insta lock and isolation.

Honestly, and here's the thing, this is part Gaia wanting her sons to learn life's lessons on their own and part the story just not being written that in depth. You have to remember that while we love to pick apart what Gaia does and delve in depth into the plot reaper and whoever else is helping her come up with the plots (just the story itself not the actual drawing mind you) are making them as simple and straightforward as possible. In order to get strong reactions for one side or the other there has to be that small element of doubt in Gaia's parenting skills and the frustration and questioning over Nyx's answers. Quite honestly it can take them chapters, or years in this case, to finally explain the simplest of things. Plus, Gaia's probably going to explain better to Gino why her son and Sen and Marius were left the way they were for as long as they were. My guess is that the duration for the punishment they received, be it handed down by her or self inflicted, for the "crime" (not sure if that's the right word to use here) they did was as long as it was.

Also, and this is food for thought here, did Nyx fully understand the laws his brothers were following back then because he had a role different from his brothers? Plus, how much of an age difference was there between Nyx and his next closest brother? Was it simply a matter of three years or less or was it a case like mine where there was seven years or more between siblings? Did he feel isolated and alone because his brothers snubbed him or was it because by the time Nyx came around they were already grown and fully invested in the positions they were given by their mother? It's like the ridiculously large Duggar family where by the time the youngest came along the oldest was already in their twenties, married, working, and expecting their first child.

Fuzzy Explorer

Chibi Halo
are making them as simple and straightforward as possible. In order to get strong reactions for one side or the other there has to be that small element of doubt in Gaia's parenting skills and the frustration and questioning over Nyx's answers. Quite honestly it can take them chapters, or years in this case, to finally explain the simplest of things.
xd I seemed to have forgotten that

I'm a horrible details person when it comes to characters and such

Gaia's always been straightforward/simplistic in the plot, from trope characters to gags. Makes me wish that there was more to world building, but alas, money talks and not for more indepth manga stuff.

That's also an interesting theory, with differences between the oldest and the youngest. Especially if Nyx is at the point of being a young god while everyone else has been busy procreating and ruling and being an adult.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Gaia is a b***h. :/

Dragon Storyteller

52,425 Points
  • Heart of a Dragon 500
  • Embrace of Destiny 500
  • Empyrean Scribe 0
buncy
look you can't give your oldest kid a cool action figure and then your youngest a big old rock. there is no way that would end well. we are lucky Nyx didn't go all Majora's mask moon on us.

I'm definitely been comparing to Majora's Mask...and still freaking scared that we're looking at a moon crushing situation... eek

Hesitant Speaker

20,975 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Gender Swap 100
`Hydro
buncy

I'm definitely been comparing to Majora's Mask...and still freaking scared that we're looking at a moon crushing situation... eek

I'm not familiar with Majora's Mask.

Dragon Storyteller

52,425 Points
  • Heart of a Dragon 500
  • Embrace of Destiny 500
  • Empyrean Scribe 0
Ichigo Arerugi
`Hydro
buncy

I'm not familiar with Majora's Mask.

It's a Legend of Zelda game. Let's see, I'll try to keep my description brief as possible. It is a direct sequel to the well-known Ocarina of Time. Link is pranked by two sibling fairies and a forest Imp (who never seems to get a name except "Skull Kid" ) who is wearing said mask, who steals Link's ocarina and horse. Following the Imp, Link falls into another world, which irritates the Imp and in turn, he uses the power of his mask to turn Link into a Deku scrub (humanoid plant-creature) which is troubling enough without the fact on of the fairies, Tatl, you're now stuck with because the Imp nonchalantly leaves her behind. After running into the Mask Salesman whose Majora's Mask was stolen from him, Link discovers he's in a town called Termina, over which a giant, very closely hovering moon with a creepy face, hangs. After three days, the Clock Tower in Termina opens to everyone and the Skull Kid is there, and trying to use the mask to crash the moon into Termina. Thankfully, Link manages to get back his ocarina and with its power turns the clock back three days to when he first entered Termina. This begins the "groundhog day" like feature of the game in which you repeat the same three days until you save the town for good....All while trying to prevent the moon from falling.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff