How is this thread still a thing?! 0.21621621621622 21.6% [ 24 ]
Total Votes:[ 111 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 20 21 22 > >>

Nine-tailed Kitsune

66,425 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Novice Dungeon Explorer 50
I love this thread, so much speculation and theories being tossed around.

My head cannon is this: if you can't prove Mephiste wasn't behind events related to a princess or girl being kidnapped and possibly replaced then there's a good chance he was involved. I'm hoping we get a Briar Rose item or a Mephiste item soon so we can finally get some answers.

bensolos's Queen

Star-Crossed Partner

27,315 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • There are two sides... 50
  • Married 100
gaia_angelleft gaia_star gaia_angelright
ahhh i love this thread * v*
i love the idea of mephiste being all over the place--it makes it feel like there's a real storyline and ties the EI/REIs to gaia more closely u vu <3

i have been under the impression mephiste was typically male, though??
like i'm all about a genderfluid villain like that but i think i should go back and read through some of the EI reports again, since i can't remember a lot of this and why i'd just think mephiste was male. o:

Alien Sweetheart

Woo hoo! Love this thread!

Also I don't think, in my opinion, that Briar Rose was actually Mephiste. To me she seemed more like Rosie's shadow twin. Or even the darker side of Rosie with a physical form. I wouldn't be surprise if somehow Mephiste actually did something like created a darker twin but things didn't go according to his plan. Anyway crazy thought!

`Russell Ace's Fangirl

Russell Superfan

57,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Russell Ace: Super Handsome Cards Dealer 500
Penn Almasy
Shrimp_Man
Penn Almasy
Shrimp_Man
Hmm. Maybe?

Problem is, Mephiste is referred to, many times, as male. But if Mephiste can comfortably take the form of a female just as many times, perhaps we only call Mephiste male because there's no pronoun for whatever the hell Mephiste actually is...
I am the embodiment of fear and evil

Well, he could have just been possessing her, which is why I wanted your opinion. Because I spent that entire story waiting for Mephiste to reveal himself in some way, and then he didn't. And then lo and behold, Rose Saga came up and Mephiste was in the form of a girl. So it made me think...maybe. User Image

It could be that he's some sort of chaos demon, one that doesn't have a set gender and kinda flip flops depending on his mood. *shrugs*

of the House of Demonic Dreams
Ah. Mephiste may have formed within the Maiden! She seemed to have an adverse effect to the white roses in the Prince's garden and that sort of ambition and motive fits both Mephiste and Briar. Perhaps as she dies, her greatest wish is that she wants to live on, maybe even forever, and so...

Mephiste's name is also a reference to THAT demon, so it isn't farfetched to say that he is one.

Hmm, maybe. I dunno because I wish that there was a set timeline for each of them if only for people like us that wish to know the progression. xD

Umm...which demon? sweatdrop

Mewling Lunatic

What a fascinating read! I really enjoyed all the research you've done on Gaia's most prolific EI villain 8D. Can't give away anything, but I thoroughly enjoy this thread, and can't wait to see what other theories you all come up with!

Demonic Lunatic

15,325 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
Shrimp_Man
Mephistopheles, a demon in Germanic mythology who most prominently appears in the Faust legend.

Meushi
Maybe; that seems to be the common theory others have about Briar, but it makes no sense. If Rose Saga continues directly from Rosamund's Revenge (which it does), it means that Mephiste has been sealed by Rosamund's actions. Now mind you, we don't know when down the line the seal weakens or breaks, but it gave enough time for Mephiste to mull over his actions and then find a new body.

khaleesea
Because he is male. He was mentioned as such even in Rosamund's Revenge, when he was morphed as the Princess to mock her.

At the very least, he's comfortable enough with himself to be able to actively take a female form many times and go, "Yep, this is fine."

`Russell Ace's Fangirl

Russell Superfan

57,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
Penn Almasy
Shrimp_Man
Mephistopheles, a demon in Germanic mythology who most prominently appears in the Faust legend.

Okay, that's the one I was thinking of but I wasn't 100% sure that I was thinking correctly. xD

Demonic Lunatic

15,325 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
Shrimp_Man
Penn Almasy
Shrimp_Man

Okay, that's the one I was thinking of but I wasn't 100% sure that I was thinking correctly. xD

That's what I assume most people roll with. And Dark Heart has shown that he's not below making deals with others.

Puchiko
What a fascinating read! I really enjoyed all the research you've done on Gaia's most prolific EI villain 8D. Can't give away anything, but I thoroughly enjoy this thread, and can't wait to see what other theories you all come up with!
eek

Thank you! I have a few of my own pet theories, nothing big enough worth mentioning, but I might bring them up when more revelations come to light.

`Russell Ace's Fangirl

Russell Superfan

57,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
Penn Almasy
Shrimp_Man
Penn Almasy
Shrimp_Man

That's what I assume most people roll with. And Dark Heart has shown that he's not below making deals with others.

Yeah, and he's deadly when the one he made the deal with fails to follow through their part of the deal.

Alien Sweetheart

Penn Almasy

Well it could be like the poll says too, and he was just lying so they would go easy on him. OR its a really complicated loophole and they sent Briar back in time to find love however all the love she wanted was always with someone else and though crazy powers and stuff, she BECOMES Mephiste!! DUH DUH DUUUUH!

Demonic Lunatic

15,325 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
Meushi
Penn Almasy

Well it could be like the poll says too, and he was just lying so they would go easy on him. OR its a really complicated loophole and they sent Briar back in time to find love however all the love she wanted was always with someone else and though crazy powers and stuff, she BECOMES Mephiste!! DUH DUH DUUUUH!
Soooo, crazy time-travelling chick who causes a causality loop where Briar -> Mephiste -> Briar?

eek

rofl

Alien Sweetheart

Penn Almasy
Meushi
Penn Almasy

Soooo, crazy time-travelling chick who causes a causality loop where Briar -> Mephiste -> Briar?

eek

rofl

Sounds about right!

I'm my own mother/father/daughter/son!

Omnipresent Guest

Oh my! What a intriguing thread! I hope to see more progression of this~

Witty Bibliophile

11,975 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
I can't stop laughing about the Hoarfrost Pass description. Skyrim with gay dudes indeed. rofl

On a more serious note, I always viewed Mephiste as a trickster more in the lines of some mythologies. He's more chaotic than evil. He causes trouble for the heck of it it seems and if he gets something out of it, all the better.

Sarcastic Bibliophile

31,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Happy Birthday! 100
User Image

I would've thought Rose Saga would've come after the Sainte series. That makes more sense to me.

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces