Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Has anyone recorded the Gaia Towns 1 theme?

Yes 0.12121212121212 12.1% [ 4 ]
No 0.3030303030303 30.3% [ 10 ]
The music, it burnsss usss 0.24242424242424 24.2% [ 8 ]
I would record it but lack the know-how 0.27272727272727 27.3% [ 9 ]
*coughcoughsneeze* Hayfever. :< 0.060606060606061 6.1% [ 2 ]
Total Votes:[ 33 ]
1 2 >

We've been warned many times over the last twelvemonth (maybe) that Towns 2 is ready to take over from Towns the Original. And with that, even its music will be supplanted. Of course we knew this, but with the helpful prodding from dev alerts, we're reminded that time draws ever nigh.

Having heard the music, yea, even before the drumbeat was added, for such a long time, I thought of it as Gaia's true theme. Fishing doesn't have music. Word Bump does, but the game is so generic. The Towns theme is simple but charming and completely inoffensive. It matches Gaia so well in my eyes. (Those of you who see a dark underbelly, what music would you choose?)

Has anyone captured Town's music for posterity? Will it be part of the Gaia Wiki?

And speaking of posterity -- will people upload clips of themselves standing in Towns 1 in front of their houses, as one more thing to show future newbies what they can never have?

EDIT: now that I am wandering around Towns 2, catching slow-moving bugs, it's easy to hear Towns 1 music buried in Towns 2. O_O

Cluttered Cat

14,475 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 1 Win 50
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
I love that music in Towns. I will really miss that.

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Youtube has a lot of gaia songs uploaded. Even the prom stuff, which is pretty good.

Word Bump's music reminds me of a popular song...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wrsZog8qXg
postal service's such great heights

so it's hard associating it with gaia because i keep on thinking about that song XD

screenshots are enough for me cool
I'm trying to port house now...I see that one lovely Gaian (her) ^ is in Barton (Go Barton! User Image ), Sisky is in Gambino, reapersun in Durem, and another (gosh, I wish I could namedrop) Gaian in Aekea.

Lanzer, [NPC] Rufus, and other notables have not moved to Towns 2 yet.

Existential Existence
Youtube has a lot of gaia songs uploaded. Even the prom stuff, which is pretty good.

so it's hard associating it with gaia because i keep on thinking about that song XD

Yes, that is very much the same! I guess lifting the first phrase or two of a song's intro doesn't count as copyright violation.

Krowenstein's Waifu

Bloblike Duck

28,000 Points
  • Canny Agent 50
  • Team Rina 200
  • Space Blob Recruit 50
Existential Existence

That song is great (and a decade old! I am so old!) and I'm surprised it has no dislikes.And I quite like the new Towns theme, it's catchy. I actually opened the feature up just so I could listen to it while I put up groceries earlier.

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
Eh, I don't think it fits gaia really.
I enter towns 2 today...omg...i lagged so bad that I couldn't get the next area! D';
With just normal towns, I have no problem moving around.
Little Dead Soldier
I enter towns 2 today...omg...i lagged so bad that I couldn't get the next area! D';

It's really script-heavy...I tried to port in on heavily-protected Firefox, no dice. Opened naked Chrome, and each Town loads just fine.
And if I open other windows for Aquariums, etc. the music slows way down. =L

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
OV8ION
Little Dead Soldier

It's really script-heavy...I tried to port in on heavily-protected Firefox, no dice. Opened naked Chrome, and each Town loads just fine.
And if I open other windows for Aquariums, etc. the music slows way down. =L

Do you know if they actually are removing towns 1? Because I would it if they didn't...I use it to simply collect trash, bugs and flowers.
meh.

I use chrome, but it's still really bad on my computer. -__-
Little Dead Soldier

Announcement says

Quote:
And for old times' sake, you'll be able to use your house in either Towns 1 or Towns 2 for a limited time until Towns 1 is retired.

Hoarding Hoarder

I was actually a fan of the town's Event music in the past. I can't recall how many years ago, but it had really nice themes for Christmas and Trick-o-treating.

Edit: Found a few videos on youtube.

Basic Theme
X-mas
Halloween

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
I was hoping there would be different music in each city lol.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
The old music was all right, the new music is super bland. I kinda hope they give us options like in Aquariums.

Rainbow Tycoon

33,625 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Tycoon 200
The new theme reminds me of the old theme so I like it enough.
It will drive me crazy. Just like the new one. I can't listen to that in the background for long without starting to think in it.

Questionable Mage

Now that music is going to be stuck in my head indefinitely. emo

Feral Saint

Now I wish the theme music of the Towns 2 is new...it's kinda annoying to me :/

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items