Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cluttered Fatcat

9,250 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Market Browser 100
A lot of us have been outraged that Gaia decided to do a third gold sink when we haven't received all the rewards promised from the previous one. I already decided not to partake in anymore kickstarters after the first one for the reasons which I wasn't interested in the personal rewards, the gold sink's effort will only go to waste as long as gold generators are around, and my personal quest progress is basically non-existent due to constant inflation.

Meanwhile, I'm surprised that the donation is still going strong after being the third one that we have gotten within a little more than a month. I just want to ask...HOW MUCH GOLD DO YOU PEOPLE HAVE??? gonk

(err...not that I really want you to tell me the amount, I'm just having a hard time processing that people still gold to spare after all the gold sinks.)

Anyways, here are some spoons for ya:

Do you think the speed of donation is still going strong? Or has it slowed down?
Are you still donating to the gold sink? If so, for what reason? And which tier have you gotten to?
Do you think the rewards worth the donation? Do you think the rewards are better than other items in the market?
Do you think people are buying gold gen for the sake of the kickstarters?
Do you think there will be a fourth kickstarter?

Ice-Cold Abomination

14,325 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
We only donated for that shot at the manga appearance.

After all, we've waited for the manga forever.

And we don't even have much in the way of disposable gold.

Celestial Trickster

35,575 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Expert Converter 250
  • Super Converter 100
Sadly i spent too much on Elysium.... ><

Stubborn Gifter

AterAliquis

^^^^ This OP, this.

I will admit that I'm a bit surprised how the kickstarter get the gold so quickly. sweatdrop I thought for sure it's not going to reach the second tier until nearly the end, but I was proven wrong.

While I don't like how Gaia is using the free features as hostages (aka: manga, gold shop update, etc), I will admit that I donate some gold for the rewards I like. For example, the Bookworm achievement since I'm a bookworm (And of course, it's kinda impossible for me to get the other two due to the high amount to pay.)

To be honest, out of all the kickstarters, my favorite is the first one (Pre-event Halloween event.) Why? Because that kickstarter actually has a purpose to Gaia as well as having good rewards to the community. The first one was created by the event team, led by Uncle Kenny. And their purpose was to sink the inflation, despite Gaia marketing team dumping gold gen. In addition, the rewards (both personal and global) had been thought up by the event team and they had given the rewards greatly to the community, even though half of the rewards were toward the event. Now I don't know which department is running the kickstarters (2 to current) and its purpose kinda lost it.

In a relationship with Yiisu

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500
AterAliquis

Even though I like art...

I donated mainly for the achievements. sweatdrop

Frozen Allegiant

18,665 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400
i don't buy GCs so i can't sink something i don't own.
i just sunk enough gold to only get the 1st achievement. the one before this didn't have an achievement i can afford, so i did not sink any gold there

also, i am wondering the same thing OP. about people's seemingly infinite gold @_@

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Well considering that Reapersun basically said that this goldsink is to feel out whether or not members actually care about the manga and will help determine whether it continues to be updated or gets dropped, I'd say it's a good idea to donate to this one.

Beloved Fairy

34,050 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
I'm not surprised. From what I could see, it seems a little slow at first, but now it's revving up. I support the people who have the funds to do such things. (shrugs) I definitely don't. I don't know that people are buying the GGs and dumping them into the sink, which many seem to believe. If there's another kickstarter, I only predict more outrage. :/

Conversationalist

Notice how the MP graph just climbs higher and higher despite these sink events? Today it is at the highest point it's ever been.

There's a reason for that. People are generating new gold due to events and situations related to these gold sinks, which include: Gaia heavily advertising GGs (right after the Loyal announcement came an announcement about Magic Coins), GGs being advantageous as people quest gold to take advantage of the MP (as non-GC users dump their items to quest gold for the sink), and of course people buying GGs to sink the gold into the event. Some of those people opening GGs to sink gold into the event, might switch their objective when they realize they don't have enough to reach their tier goals, and instead direct the gold to buying their quest items on the MP. So a lot of gold ends up generated during these gold sink events primarily because Gaia gives people a reason to buy and open GGs, and a lot of that gold ends up in the MP rather than the sink itself.

Shirtless Dog

15,025 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Magical Girl 50
i'm surprised too, idk who's donating or where it's coming from. i know there are some users who do have hundreds of billions and trillions of gold, but im just surprised it's being donated.

Omnipresent Rabbit

30,750 Points
  • Energy Harvester 150
  • Married 100
  • Striking Knight 150
xx I met my fate xx
Well considering that Reapersun basically said that this goldsink is to feel out whether or not members actually care about the manga and will help determine whether it continues to be updated or gets dropped, I'd say it's a good idea to donate to this one.

It's sad that they have to go to such lengths to prove something to be valuable to the site (I don't even think it is a good gauge). I know that I personally don't have 25 billion to ensure they keep that going and I'm sure that plenty of others don't as well. So how does that determine how popular a feature is at all? (Mostly a rhetoric question)

Tipsy Cat

9,225 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I wouldn't be surprised if they're just dumping imaginary gold in there, now that they know that we're aware of what they're trying to do, to give everyone the illusion that we're okay with it and have more reasons to make more gold sinks.

Handsome Man-Lover

Wren_Fritsche
xx I met my fate xx

It's sad that they have to go to such lengths to prove something to be valuable to the site (I don't even think it is a good gauge). I know that I personally don't have 25 billion to ensure they keep that going and I'm sure that plenty of others don't as well. So how does that determine how popular a feature is at all? (Mostly a rhetoric question)

The main problem with using a goldsink as a gauge for interest in the manga is, that not everyone who cares about it is swimming in gold they can just throw at the sink. I'd say the amount of people that are both wealthy enough and interested in the manga looks like the intersection of a typical Venn diagram emo

stukky's Fangirl

Fairy Type

60,050 Points
  • Cute Monster 500
  • Manchurian Candidate 500
  • Budding Witch 250
Bowie-Spawan
Wren_Fritsche
xx I met my fate xx

The main problem with using a goldsink as a gauge for interest in the manga is, that not everyone who cares about it is swimming in gold they can just throw at the sink. I'd say the amount of people that are both wealthy enough and interested in the manga looks like the intersection of a typical Venn diagram emo

that's being pretty generous imo

Generous Giver

xx I met my fate xx

Where did he say that? If that's true, then they are basically holding the manga for ransom.

"Give us all your money or we drop the manga!"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces