Welcome to Gaia! ::

I have noticed over the few days I have been on gaia,that you so called "good guys" who protect the GCD arnt as good as you think you are.

Here are some of the good things you "none good" people have said

.You have been reported have a nice day (this is the most hurtful of all insults! and all of you hotshots who think you know what you are doing love to do this to new members)

.GET LOST YOU *** ****! (yah well flaming is one thing,but cusing is another. You say lets keep it pg13! yet you cuse out loud on Gaia anyway stare )

now I am not saying I am perfect. I have flamed some people to. But the reason n00bs are so anoying is because they think you are evil bitches! I wouldnt blame them! Example:

Hi Im new and I need to know if someone will be my freind?

What to say: This does not belong here. Please pm a mod so that he/she can move it to the correct forum.

What no to say: GET LOST YOU LITTLE DUMB N00b!

I know you people are reading this saying to youreself Well I dont do that. Ern wrong! I bet I could find a post were every one of you GCD regulars has flamed someone bye cusing the crap out of theme on the GCD. Bye the way,if you fell like reporting this. Go ahead. Just dont be a jerk and say, Haha I reported you youre in trouble!

5,450 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
If somebody flames, you can report them. It's against the ToS. 3nodding
You should've changed "what not to say" to "what I would say" (I being you)

You are really one to talk, here's an actual quote from you.
Frakinstone
*throws n00b into the chatterbox* dont come back untill you have something good for the GCD!
Selphine

Frakinstone
*throws n00b into the chatterbox* dont come back untill you have something good for the GCD!
Did I not put In my post that I am not perfect and I have flamed n00bs before (did you really read the whole thing? stare )
You realize, going from thread to thread posting," *Throws n00b into the chatterbox* Don't come back until you have something Good for the GCD!" is considered, guess what..., Flaming!

SO techincally your ranting about something you do everyday.

And don't say you only do it too n00bs, you did it to a new person who asked for a donation to get something for his avi and didn't know where it went, he even said sorry and you STILL said it.

And cussing is considered PG-13, so it really dosen't matter how you feel about it, anyone can swear, I was tempted to do so in this post.
Frakinstone
Selphine

Frakinstone
Did I not put In my post that I am not perfect and I have flamed n00bs before (did you really read the whole thing? stare )

Your preaching to people about flaming noobs, yet you made 5or6 similar posts to that.
Here is my scale on which I flame:

1st time I spot it - Politely correct them.
1st time they talk back - Not so nicely inform them of their mistake.
They argue- Tell them they are dead wrong.
Continue to argue- Flame their a**.
Good point. I do my best to be nice to newbies who simply misplace topics, but they do get a tad annoying when they don't get the hint or still take offense at a polite gesture. If I was new to the forum and made a mistake, I'd be considerably happier if someone pointed me in the right direction instead of that someone calling me an idiot. I try to keep that in mind.

I don't recall ever using foul language against someone (heck, I rarely use it at all), but I'm sure I said something that could be considered flaming.

Ever noticed that most of the people who flame shouldn't be talking? They're often on the same level as the poor soul who misplaced a post.

5,000 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
interesting...but we all have flamed and been flamed by someone before...
ALthough I agree and don't like to flame other people I admit I may have done it, but you will never see a GCD regular flaming a newb for no reason, also I must say
Wrong forum, Your thread has been reported, have a nice day is no way flamming, saying Get lost, you n00b, now, that is flamming. I must ask you, did you read the whole gaia ToS, have you read all the stickies informing about what to do, and what not to do? You may have, you may have not, the fact is that if people took 15 min to read the ToS, the stickies of the forums they visit, there would be no problem as they'd know what is allowed to do.

Unfortunately, most people just post whatever they want, without first reading the rules and that's what causes such trouble, what do you propose to eliminate the flamming?
Sethy's right; flaming is a no-no n_n

However, you're post makes me wonder if you know the difference between a n00b and a newb; do you?
Tskity Tsk tsk. >> Does this thread even belong in this forum?
xX_gob_Xx
interesting...but we all have flamed and been flamed by someone before...

I haven't been flamed. sweatdrop

Dramatic Hunter

The "good" people of the GCD are the ones you see not flaming, the ones who just let misplaced posts slide after they are reported. What you are seeing are the lurkers who wait on a new topic to appear so they can flame in it.

They are as much a part of the forum community as an angry, swearing troll.

Don't tar us all with the same brush.
Selphine
Frakinstone
Selphine

Frakinstone

Your preaching to people about flaming noobs, yet you made 5or6 similar posts to that.
I JUST SAID THAT! scream

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces