Welcome to Gaia! ::

<center>What the hell is going on?! My nm scarf just doubled in price in a mere amount of time. What is wrong with you people? There are many out there questing for these somewhat hard to obtain items, many have now lost hope. And what about headphones and bear hats etc.?? I know they are limited items, and in time they will be really unattainable, but c'mon! Don't point fingers here. We are the culprits. Do you disagree with this current inflation?Btw, due to some idiots here, I must state here that I'm aware with the process of supply and demand. Shut up about it neutral </center>
Oh man do I hear you- I myself have been questing for the DJ Headphones, but am slowly realizing that I'll NEVER be able to save up that much gold- the average going price is 6,000,000 and no one is even selling a pair! gonk

It sucks, and I just don't think there's anything we can do about it. crying
xD Tell me about it, but with such a limitited supply, the price will go up. Items will get lost, left in accounts, etc, till like the halos there are close to none left. But who knows? Maybe item mimics will come out, like what happened to the minis.
Angelic sashes jumped 800k in practically a month =\ And even then i still see people trying to push it higher and higher than that.

The 03 items seem to be monopolized as of lately >.< damn greedy peoples. They just circulate among the rich and the oldbies, not giving any questers the slightest chance of earning one....

Right now i'm convinced the only way i'm going to get a sash is if i somehow become uber good at art and win one in a contest =\
Oh man you couldn't be more right! I mean... you now have over 100k more in value. That must totally SUCK!

;3 Sarcasm asside, it's no surprise that the inflation hieghtens. People are willing to pay moucho gold-o for some items that can no longer be obtained by donating. That means, the prices can and SHOULD only go up after a long period of time.

Supply and demand. I've explained that many times. The prices are that high becuase PEOPLE ARE WILLING TO PAY THAT HIGH! ^__^
It's because we've had a string of excellent, well-liked donation items lately. When the monthly price rises came along, 2003 and 2004 item prices soared. It probably isn't temporary, either.

It's give and take- if you want low old donation item prices, you need to accept unpopular new donation items. If you want popular new donation items, you need to accept high old donation item prices. whee

Newbie Noob

Yeah, I remember when Sealed Envelopes where less than 4k gold every month. What's the norm up to now? 5.5k, maybe even 6k? It's pretty rediculus, and it really sucks for those of us that can't donate money to the site. =/

And I agree, questing for any 03 items is pretty much pointless now. By the time you earn enough gold, the price will have doubled... stressed
Pie32
Yeah, I remember when Sealed Envelopes where less than 4k gold every month. What's the norm up to now? 5.5k, maybe even 6k? It's pretty rediculus, and it really sucks for those of us that can't donate money to the site. =/

And I agree, questing for any 03 items is pretty much pointless now. By the time you earn enough gold, the price will have doubled... stressed

the envelopes will get cheaper if more crappy items are released. I'm holding on to my Jan 05 letter until its worth something.
Have we no shame? Obviously not. Because we are still making the prices higher, and we are still buying. gonk
i dont know i like to get items when there cheap when the price gos up i sell most items are easy to get i dont even want a NS as of now im looking for gold to get goti clips ill have them in about 2 weeks
some things are stupidly cheep and others are stupidly high.

read my sig to take my thoughts
I gave up on getting a Devil Tail a long time ago. I like Gaia and all, and the costume stuff is fun, but hell, the imaginary cost with imaginary money for one was rediculous.

Of course it would be cool if old OLD rare donation items eventually became available in other ways. Through.. I dunno. .honest to goodness game quests? Or some kinda thing like the treasure trunks. domokun Perhaps someone should suggest that.
The so called gaian economy is actually in perfect condition. It is quite normal, and very good for items to rise.

Mega Genius

14,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Mark Twain 100
oh SHUT THE ******** UP. jesus.

(a)are you actually COMPLAINING that your NM scarf is worth more now? that has got to be the dumbest thing ever said.

(b)prices are controlled by THE BUYERS. because buyers control demand AND what they are willing to pay. if people STOP paying 85 billion gold for halos, halos will stop SELLING for 85 billion gold, thus they will no longer be WORTH 85 billion gold. WHAT THE ******** IS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND ABOUT THIS CONCEPT?

oh, right, you're all 9th graders, so you haven't taken an economics class yet. save your bitching until you learn up on supply & demand.

CrazyAlien8's Husband

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
[Alto]
The so called gaian economy is actually in perfect condition. It is quite normal, and very good for items to rise.
indeed. it's called supply and demand. donation items had a limmited supply in the first place, as more people quest, there become fewer people who are going to sell them. however, as more people get on. so, supply continually dwindles while demand grows, result: prices rize. it's not that hard to understand, and the only way to possibly fix it is to offer a very large amount of donation items at very low prices, so that anyone else selling the same items would have to lower their own prices to sell them. and I don't think it's possible to convince enough people with pricey donation items to sell that low.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff