Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lucky Wrangler

Hullo.

Have you ever let a non-gaian dress up your avatar, just for kicks?
You know, just sat them down at your computer, opened the site to the dress-up page, showed them how it worked and let them have at it (with or without saving)?

What were the results?

I let an 11-year-old play dress-up with my avatar once, and what she came up with was... oddly very retro gaian. She seemed to like all those old 'angelic' blue-white items and big chunky things.
Then she re-did everything and put together a 'goth' avatar with that demonic anklets pose where you're like, chained to the ground?

Basically, 11-year-old girls are spooky.

Friendly Lunatic

Such a fun idea 4laugh
I don't have someone non-Gaian that would want to dress my avatar up though.

Ice-Cold Abomination

14,325 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Considering the contents of our inventory.

No.

Plus the fact that we learned to dress ourself and we'll be damned before we let other people do it for us.

Sparkly Assailant

11,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Heckler 50
Now I want to do that! I think I let a kid choose my Neopets avi way back in the day, that's the closest I can think of.

Hardcore Muse

AterAliquis

No.

Plus the fact that we learned to dress ourself and we'll be damned before we let other people do it for us.

So much this, nicely said Aliquis.

I am way too particular in the way I dress my avi to even attempt to let someone else dress Velvet. It's just cringe inducing when I think about it and Oh my I think I feel the Forrest Whittaker eye coming on.
>____o

dancing_ice's Fangirl

Yes I allow my little sister to play with my account. The first time, she proceeded to make this avi as ugly as possible just to see how I'd react. xD

Valiant Jackling

Nah. The only time I ever let someone else on my account was back in... 2004? and it was a mule account. We had down time in art club that day and he thought Gaia was interesting after hovering over my shoulder. So I logged onto my mule and let him dip around until the afternoon buses arrived to take us home.

Spooky Phantom

21,500 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
I have, but it's too much trouble now with multi-pose items. Gaians have a general idea of the poses in their items but it's very limiting for a non-Gaian.

I don't think I ever saved those creations.

Ice-Cold Abomination

14,325 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Mississippi Black Velvet
AterAliquis

No.

I am way too particular in the way I dress my avi to even attempt to let someone else dress Velvet. It's just cringe inducing when I think about it and Oh my I think I feel the Forrest Whittaker eye coming on.
>____o

Can not tip this hard enough.

Sparkly Assailant

11,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Heckler 50
Mississippi Black Velvet
AterAliquis

No.

>____o

I mean, just letting them play around with it would be ok, but saving it or using it would make me die. Too fussy for that s**t.

Super Spirit

That's a fun idea!

Lucky Wrangler

armadillodreamer
I have, but it's too much trouble now with multi-pose items. Gaians have a general idea of the poses in their items but it's very limiting for a non-Gaian.

I don't think I ever saved those creations.

Yeah, had pretty much the same experience when I let the 11yo play around.

"See that little blue-gold box thingy? If you click on it there's like 1000 seemingly-unrelated items but you can only use one of them at once."

Shy Phantom

17,075 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
I've let my brother dress me up before, and he almost always goes for steampunk or "anime protagonist" looks vuv

Lucky Wrangler

Leizce
Yes I allow my little sister to play with my account. The first time, she proceeded to make this avi as ugly as possible just to see how I'd react. xD

You should totes take a screenie one day. emotion_kirakira

Wheezing Member

>telling other people I have a Gaia Online account
>people finding out I visit Gaia Online every day

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

'Das social suicide right thar.

Also I have like.. a gagillion items/poses.
Well probably half as many as most people around here.
But it'd take them ages to just look at everything. Even longer to put something together.
Plus I think the layering system + lack of item tags would confuse the hell out of most non-Gaians.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff