Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kawaii Prophet

10,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Aren't gold sinks supposed to help fight this ridiculous inflation? While at the same Gaia continues to flood us with their gold generators and similar items. rolleyes Yeah, no thanks, I think I'll just hold onto my gold.

Bashful Bookworm

17,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bookworm 100
the only thing that bugs me about it really is the fact that the Go fusion update tier is before the loyal's bazaar update tier... in other words, we have to donate more gold to get gold shop items.

Hardcore Muse

I went ahead and donated 5 bil to the sink. Could it of been planned better? Yes. But it did have the desired effect in them getting the word out and having people talk about it. User ran events are no cake walk and any publicity is good for your event, even negative publicity. I realty hope it goes well for those guys and congrats on 12 years! =)

Blessed Cleric

Captain Dory
Symbolon
Captain Dory
To be fair, I do not blame the Ball Committee, that's not fair to the users working hard who want to bring us a fun a ball year after year. I am annoyed by the fact that most of the events I have seen this year have been nothing but goldsinks. If the goldsink is going to help the ball, then ok. I was initially ticked off only because I didn't understand the circumstances.
Well at least you're not one of the people ticked with the AURB for allowing Gaia to give us a kickstarter. ^^; We're having fun doing damage control. It's like nooooo Gaia helping our cause isn't something new we promise you just never noticed it before because you weren't ticked off at Gaia when it happened.

Well I was on the Ball committee myself for a year, so I know how it feels.
Ahh, gotcha.

Divine Trendsetter

I think my biggest qualm with this gold sink is that the minimum donation tier is 10M....like donating a million gold isn't anything at all...at least some of the other sinks started at 500K, that made it a little more tolerable.

Kujura's Other Half

Spicy Friend

36,175 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
While it's nice to see Gaia doing Goldsinks, I don't really feel like they have any impact on the market anymore.
That's mostly because they keep throwing those stupid GG's at us.
A few months without a single GG would help more than one Goldsink after another...
Like they don't do enough cash already with all the new items, re-releases and recolors every day...

Star

Questing Adventurer
It's a user run event and all Gaia is doing is using a gold sink to benefit them. Gaia never puts this on, it's all the users, and the user run ball members are happy for this. The ball would have gone through either way but this year gaia is just giving it an extra boost.
Yeah, this is the only goldsink that I don't really mind, it's going towards something that's been going on almost every year, and it's something everyone likes.

Witty Bibliophile

11,975 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
The event is user-run in the first place; so it's going to happen whether you donate to the sink or not. As for the sink itself, no one is forcing you to drop hard-earned gold into it. It's up to you to donate or not. The sink does determine what freebies users get from Gaia for the Ball; which has never happened before.

As others have said, the biggest problem with the sink is the first tier; which is set at 10 million gold. Some of us (like me) have enough gold that we can chuck that much gold into the sink. However, there are newbies and less affluent members of the community who won't feel inclined to donate to the sink because they can't even make the first tier. The point of a goldsink, in my opinion, is to get the entire community involved and you're not going to do that with a first tier that high. I believe that it's the many small donations to the sink that make the biggest difference, not the massive donations from a few wealthy users.

Kid-Jak-A-Lynn's Husband

Diamond Diamond

42,050 Points
  • Glacial Champion 350
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Level 10 250
For those upset over the 10 million mark can i just say this Play your daily chance.

seriously you should get atleast 1 heart charm if not you have the next day

sell the heart charm on the marketplace right now one charm is between 40-70 million

donate 30 million

get the acheive and a heart charm

net profit 10 million gold. that is for those who are new and or broke.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff