Welcome to Gaia! ::

okay so i joined today and i cant even go to towns, buy off the marketplace, trade or anything fun? i have to wait 3 days? why!? thats so stupid there shouldnt be a reason why i cant do all these things just cuz im new...someone needs to change that >_>

update: thank you for everyones comments, they helped me understand why i cant do something things! i will be patient and wait ! <3
Its frozen to prevent bots mules ect or to see if youll play beyond 3 days
mistyrain1987

i just think its silly ~

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
cutie_pie472
mistyrain1987

i just think its silly ~

Some new members act like idiots, therefore they are not allowed in public. : P

The limits are there to keep new users in check and give them an opportunity to learn more about the site.

Just be patient. Run around, make gold. There's more stuff to do other than the things you listed. Join a guild, post in the forums, play games. :3

Benevolent Cutesmasher

14,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
cutie_pie472
mistyrain1987

i just think its silly ~
User Image
User Image

Sadly its not, if there weren't so many trolls, scammers and genral internet abuse in this world these things would be easier.

Atleast its only 3 days. sweatdrop

Cold Guardian

38,000 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Winged 100
  • Magical Girl 50
it's mostly there to prevent people from making mule/bot accounts to dump item/gold onto or exploit the system. So certain things are restricted until your account is 3 days old. Don't worry there's plenty to do until then. I mean we are having a huge party right now, its Gaia's 10th birthday. biggrin

Partying Prophet

If it makes you feel any better, your hair is rad and I'm sending you a valentine~ whee
Belethiel
cutie_pie472
mistyrain1987

i just think its silly ~

Some new members act like idiots, therefore they are not allowed in public. : P

The limits are there to keep new users in check and give them an opportunity to learn more about the site.

Just be patient. Run around, make gold. There's more stuff to do other than the things you listed. Join a guild, post in the forums, play games. :3

yeaa, im just very impatient! i just discovered Zomg its so much fun! and i love ur avi btw :3

Angelic Cat

23,165 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Snowball Hero 200
It's to prevent stripters and bots. The limited towns was b/c a couple months ago, the scripters were playing havoc in towns. The devs needed to be able to ban them faster than they could make new accounts, hence the 3 day restriction on towns.

Demonic Enchantress

27,500 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Brandisher 100
Be patient, young grasshopper.

In the meantime, relax, make friends, amass a little gold from the forums.
Or, see if you can play zOMG. That's fun, time consuming, and earns gold!
robomog
If it makes you feel any better, your hair is rad and I'm sending you a valentine~ whee

thanks for the valentine! biggrin that was really nice of u!

Deathly Protagonist

50,415 Points
  • Charging Power 75
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • ReAnimated 50
It's pretty much to prevent bots and spam accounts. Yah know~ It's good for site healthy, so waiting a few days for such goodness isn't bad~ I waited my three days no problem ^_^..so can you smile
King Blackwater
cutie_pie472
mistyrain1987

i just think its silly ~
User Image
User Image

Sadly its not, if there weren't so many trolls, scammers and genral internet abuse in this world these things would be easier.

Atleast its only 3 days. sweatdrop

yeaa your right >_< just have to be patient
VKiera
it's mostly there to prevent people from making mule/bot accounts to dump item/gold onto or exploit the system. So certain things are restricted until your account is 3 days old. Don't worry there's plenty to do until then. I mean we are having a huge party right now, its Gaia's 10th birthday. biggrin

i wanna go to a party :O where?!

Cold Guardian

38,000 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Winged 100
  • Magical Girl 50
cutie_pie472
VKiera

i wanna go to a party :O where?!

See the hamster looking fellow at the top of the page in the header? Click on him, he'll take you to the event page, you can send valentines or go the the event forum and chat/spam with people. ^_^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff