Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eternal Demigod

It's not the ridiculous listings I hate.
      It's the fact that that I cannot see numbers on graphs. |:

GO

Leothalis the Magus
Junnov
This is not the place for rants.
No one cares about ABP. It's constantly changing.
People can sell their items for whatever they want. You don't like it? Go buy something else or get more gold.
You're wrong, there are folks who care about abp. Blanket statements don't work.
Okay. Good for them. smile

Greedy Capitalist

19,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
Free Killz
The ABP for most items in here still counts and is pretty accurate despite the inflation...
Many people take up inflation as a reason and excuse for the ABP to be considered invalid and inaccurate..
I don't think that this is really the case, the Average Buy Price is still somewhat functional after all these changes, and the market graphs say so too, they are based on ABP.

There are certainly cases in which the item is experiencing a massive fluctuation in the price and buys in a short period of time, so that the ABP doesn't seem catch up..

But these sort of things have happened in the past, that doesn't necessarily mean that the ABP isn't working..
The ABP should not be disregarded as in most cases it can show the true price of an item over the course of time...
Only people vendors that create AIs, impracticable hoarders and people that are benefitting from inflation would say otherwise...

The fact is, the ABP is the average price for something in the marketplace. Technically, it is accurate, seeing that it's number is a reflection of every purchase of said item, but that does not mean it reflects the current value of the item. For example: if something that went for 1,000,000g last week suddenly drops in value to 1g this week, the current price it's selling for won't be reflected in the ABP for a while (unless people are buying a huge number of them every day, which will, in turn, increase the value of it again).

In the end, we have to remember that it is an average, which is not always a reflection of prices that we are seeing right this minute. While the averages may show the "true" value of an item, we also have to remember that the technical "true" value of an item is whatever someone is willing to pay for it at that point in time, not necessarily what someone paid for said item last week, month, etc.

Stellar Succubus

I mainly only pay heed to higher prices if theyre for items that almost never get listed and are unique.

Otherwise, I just wont buy if it is listed too high. In short, its annoying, but people are allowed to list as they please. And if the item is popular, or isnt really in short supply, wait. The item will drop to a reasonable price.

Hesitant Speaker

20,975 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Gender Swap 100
MY SEBASTIAN ITEM SUFFERS FROM THIS

IT IS TAUNTING ME WITH ITS LOWER ABP

SOS

aBADcold's Waifu

Sweet Lunatic

37,575 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
guilty >.>
but then again, abp is off a lot of the times now.

Wily Trickster

27,700 Points
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
  • Cool Competitor 150
  • Master Slayer 200
JetSetJayden
Okami Tenrou
I had a user get upset at me because I refused to sell an item I had listed for 20 bil for the 6 bil ABP. The next day it sold, and currently that same item is gravitating between 15-20 bil.

Really, how prices are decided in the marketplace are up to the buyers. Buyers have the choice to refuse to buy, and if sellers become desperate they can lower their price for a faster sell. There's not really much else to it. If you don't like the price, save your gold. Or in your case, just buy the devil's tail from Loyal's, it's pretty cheap.
I mean, yeah, I do get that, but we're not talking 4 times the ABP, we're talking 10 times and up. A difference of 90bil for 6bil item. Sure, it may be worth more than 6bil. I'd buy it at 20 bil even if ABP is 6bil, sure, but at 1000% upcharge seems ridiculous to me. My whole thing is I don't think anyone would be willing to buy something for that difference in price, so what's the point in trying to - as well as thinking it will - sell for that price? But as many have said, people still will, which basically just drives up the price just because some people are willing to dish out money on gold generators. To me, it's not about the value at that point, it's like mindless inflation which is just going to hurt everyone. Or not.

But as for loyal's, I only got 66 days 'til that becomes an option. Perhaps I'll look for someone who can access Loyal's, and just negotiate a trade for them.

I did not finish the thread because I have limited time on here today, but let me know if you need the item still please. I'd be happy to get it from Loyal's and do a trade with you for it. I'd only ask the cost and any fee, if there is one, for the trade. I haven't traded in so long that I don't remember.

King Noob

- - -
You know, I wonder why they even show the ABP.
It's unimportant. The price just is what it is.
- - -

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces