Welcome to Gaia! ::

Klabautermann
Where there's a will there's a way. Three months ago I couldn't even imagine having items I have now. So yeah, good luck with it. I learned soon after I came back here that complaining doesn't do much, but investing your time into something more profitable (and fun) sure pays off.

True, I also have some wonderful items that I worked hard for, I'm still new to vending but I'm learning slowly how to work the MP and when the best time is to sell wink

Loyal Kitten

Actually, I can still buy things on the MP. I just can't buy the super nice things on the MP. Which, as I remember, is par for the usual. As long as I've been here there have always been items priced ungodly high, it's just now there are more zeros to the end of the number. I think the biggest shock is how volatile the market is at the moment because of the gold gens. I think it's shaken things up far more quickly than before, where as the inflation was generally a lot steadier than this.

Friendly Explorer

Persnicketease beat me to it... xD I was going to say that we can still buy, just not everything. Plus, we need to remember that there are more and more high quality items (or GC paid ones) so instead of buying a few gaia gold items, most of the money you can spend goes towards those. It's nothing special, really. I've learned to really value Gaia Gold stores though, I never knew they had so many cool items... sweatdrop (Before I used to just buy off the marketplace for anything I liked or only use Tektek to search.)

Wild Bookworm

It can still be done! I spent a while today buying really cheap stuff. My avatar has one expensive item, the Butterfly dress (and that's not even expensive by today's standards), and the rest is really inexpensive old event, gold shop and promo items, none more than 30 or 40k I think. The Adamant is worth more now, but it's a freebie.

Phantom

I miss the old gaia.
I loved the hangout spots and what not.
Now gaia seems to be all about gold :c

X Rayver's Princess

Sugary Sweetheart

63,675 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
User Image

I remember when birthstone items where attainable.... This months birthstone streaks for 90 mill...

Shy Gaian

I mean... I can buy....
Trash
Flowers
Fish
Bugs
Some newer event items
uhm...
Yeah, that's about it...

Wily Trickster

27,700 Points
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
  • Cool Competitor 150
  • Master Slayer 200
Hi-Potion
xx I met my fate xx
Pepperidge farms remembers.
I was thinking of something sassy to say you beat me too it. 'M proud of you.

Oh my gosh it is Castiel! Is it odd that I desperately want Meg to be alive so he can still be her unicorn? It made me go, "Ahhhh how sweet!" when Castiel was using the alias Clarence as he was hiding out from the angels and demons, because it was not long after her exit. I did not like the first Meg at all but the one played by Rachel Miner I fangirl over. She was great on Sons of Anarchy as well.

I recently found Misha Collins and his son doing a cooking show on youtube. Have you seen them? He lets his son decide what to make and then eats it. He made jelly pasta for Thanksgiving with orange juice. They are entertaining to watch.

As for the topic, I am getting discouraged lately because as soon as I start seeking to buy an item the price goes from under 10 million to being listed for 500 million. I am trying to buy Black Maggie and had been offering to pay 16 million which was double to average price. Not more than a few hours after I made the post looking for a buyer two of them were put for sale both over 100 million. Obviously I won't be buying that item now unless I find someone willing to sell it to me for a decent price. I am realizing that Flynn's auctions are pathetic and only serve to drive the prices up even more than they were before.
Shannon-Jeva
    Remember when Gaia cared?

I actually do.....It was fun
Arya Hghar
Hi-Potion
xx I met my fate xx
Pepperidge farms remembers.
I was thinking of something sassy to say you beat me too it. 'M proud of you.

Oh my gosh it is Castiel! Is it odd that I desperately want Meg to be alive so he can still be her unicorn? It made me go, "Ahhhh how sweet!" when Castiel was using the alias Clarence as he was hiding out from the angels and demons, because it was not long after her exit. I did not like the first Meg at all but the one played by Rachel Miner I fangirl over. She was great on Sons of Anarchy as well.

I recently found Misha Collins and his son doing a cooking show on youtube. Have you seen them? He lets his son decide what to make and then eats it. He made jelly pasta for Thanksgiving with orange juice. They are entertaining to watch.

As for the topic, I am getting discouraged lately because as soon as I start seeking to buy an item the price goes from under 10 million to being listed for 500 million. I am trying to buy Black Maggie and had been offering to pay 16 million which was double to average price. Not more than a few hours after I made the post looking for a buyer two of them were put for sale both over 100 million. Obviously I won't be buying that item now unless I find someone willing to sell it to me for a decent price. I am realizing that Flynn's auctions are pathetic and only serve to drive the prices up even more than they were before.

OMG I CANT WATCH THAT I WOULD DIE FROM CUTENESSS AAAHAHHH

Friendly Gaian

Remember when User-run events were just a bonus addition... NOT THE ACTUAL EVENT??

Loyal Exhibitionist

Shannon-Jeva
    Remember when Gaia cared?

Fluffy Trickster

I can't buy newer cash item, they are going over 50M to hundreds of million now
even 99GC birthstone went to 90M gonk
I remember buying the january streaks for 500k

I miss those time where item's attainable with some effort not bloody hard work.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff