Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magnetic Entrepreneur

13,075 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
The main reason I still come to Gaia is to do cosplay avatars from the arenas. Once I started taking my avatars more seriously, I started learning how to work the Marketplace so I could get the expensive items I needed. No that there's an infinitely-increasing number of gold generators on the site, I can't afford the items I need to finish any of my cosplays avis (including the Hazama one I'm working on) even after amassing nearly 200mil. Items that used to be in the 10-20mil range are now for sale in the billions (like His Darkness), making them borderline impossible to get without dropping $79 in Gaia Cash for the bundle it's in (that includes items I don't want). If it weren't for the RP partners I have on here, I'd quit Gaia because it just isn't fun anymore.

IRL Labtech

Remember when Gaia cared?

Werewolf

What was that. Four, five years ago?

No. Definitely more.

While I did play the market quite a lot, it died a lot longer than my enjoyment for the site.

I keep coming back after a few weeks, sometimes months, and have ten stacked announcements waiting for me.

And I thought that was because I was gone so long. After clearing them and returning the next day, ten announcements again, all about Gaia Cash or exclusive "pay-to" items...

Shannon-Jeva

No. No I don't.

Commander in Chief

Rewdalf
What was that. Four, five years ago?

No. Definitely more.

While I did play the market quite a lot, it died a lot longer than my enjoyment for the site.

I keep coming back after a few weeks, sometimes months, and have ten stacked announcements waiting for me.

And I thought that was because I was gone so long. After clearing them and returning the next day, ten announcements again, all about Gaia Cash or exclusive "pay-to" items...

Shannon-Jeva

No. No I don't.
Did you know that if everyone in the world sneezed at the same time, it would create a force of pressure so large it could knock over the Great Pyramid at Giza? Please don't sneeze the pyramid away - no! It's a fact though! Ok bye bye!

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Pepperidge farms remembers.

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
xx I met my fate xx
I was thinking of something sassy to say you beat me too it. 'M proud of you.

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Hi-Potion

Thanks!

In all seriousness though...I do remember but it would take the entire community rising up to get it back that way, if even then.

That's why we should have each other's backs right now more than ever.

Sparkly Fairy

xx I met my fate xx
I heart U

Tipsy Genius

It fluctuates. The gold-only generators have been terribly damaging, yes, but RIGs specifically target a few highly expensive items to lower their prices, sometimes from hundreds of millions to, well, just millions. They're still too expensive for a newbie, which is what Gaia needs to be figuring a solution to asap, but older users can easily sell one or two items and pick up vending to make profit. On the bright side, gold generators have made a few older users very generous toward newbies to compensate, so it's still possible to get by. It's just, unfortunately, very different.

Gaia still cares--but maybe the "caring department" forgot to talk to the marketing department?
sterek
It fluctuates. The gold-only generators have been terribly damaging, yes, but RIGs specifically target a few highly expensive items to lower their prices, sometimes from hundreds of millions to, well, just millions. They're still too expensive for a newbie, which is what Gaia needs to be figuring a solution to asap, but older users can easily sell one or two items and pick up vending to make profit. On the bright side, gold generators have made a few older users very generous toward newbies to compensate, so it's still possible to get by. It's just, unfortunately, very different.

Gaia still cares--but maybe the "caring department" forgot to talk to the marketing department?
Basically this

7,250 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Friendly 100
Shannon-Jeva

Hungry Immortal

38,775 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Cookie Collector 400
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
Where there's a will there's a way. Three months ago I couldn't even imagine having items I have now. So yeah, good luck with it. I learned soon after I came back here that complaining doesn't do much, but investing your time into something more profitable (and fun) sure pays off.

Spoopy Bun

23,300 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
It's definitely been awhile. Gaia made me into a hobo, with my 'lowly' 6 mil. gold. cry
I remember buying monthly collectibles for around the 50k to 100k mark now they're in the billions! Which is shocking to say the least!

I'm not able to finish most of my quest because most of the items are in the 2bil territory thanks to Gaia raising the gold cap, I think 1 bill is the new $5! sad

Fashionable Fatcat

30,875 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
User Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ ♥
====================================== ♥ ~

Remember when we actually got events.
Not just a forum and some freebies?
And 10 million announcements about GC