Welcome to Gaia! ::

Inquisitive Traveler

Now it's one trillion! Run for the hills!

Supreme Trash

40,350 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Invisibility 100
diet otaku
Ron Dickles
Why do they think it's a good idea to do things we say we don't like?

our posts say we don't like it but our purchases say we do. obviously people are still buying gold gens or they wouldn't keep selling them.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Actually the recent rise in payouts (not just the overnight 1tril), the 'permanent price' at 999, and the ongoing gold gen items on 'sale', say otherwise.
If an item was selling well you wouldn't constantly try to market it so it sells better. Sure, you might do a temporary sale, but if they were selling half as well as we were led to believe, why would they drop the price from $25 down to UNDER $9? You don't drastically drop the price on a well selling item, it doesn't make any business sense at all.
They're not selling well. But they're desperatly trying to do everything they can to make us want to buy them.

Loyal Exhibitionist

Scandinavian Dreams

I honestly don't think it will have that high of an impact on the economy, in comparison to what the other gold gens did.

While it's true that the jackpot is not 1 trillion but the average payout has not been increased (well, they didn't bother to do that with all the other gold gens, so it may apply here too), vendors will STILL charge their items/services like everyone can get 1 trillion per shot.

So, yes, it's going to have a huge impact on our economy. HUGE. We went from 160 billion to 1 trillion overnight, for Christ's sake.

We may be seeing the death of economy (well, if it hasn't died already) on this site because Gaia refuses to stop releasing gold generators and vendors refuses to price their wares reasonably.

Wheezing Sex Symbol

17,575 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
koirat
also tho let's ask an important question: how high can these payouts go before the jackpot is too high and breaks the system. emotion_kirakira

at this rate we will find out by the end of the month lol

Heart Tamer

Ron Dickles
Knight of Britannia
Ron Dickles
Slick Southpaw
considering the name of the item, I'd just consider it more of a desperation move to sell more.

not really surprised at this point, it's always been a marketing tactic with abysmal payouts, just like trying to win the IRL lottery.

I mean, I hope the payouts are shitty
but???
Idk man, I'm just feeling a little irritated by it. I'm not blaming them entirely, my concern is that a bunch of people are going to fall for this and use their GC to buy the gens instead of getting cash shop items.

I also wonder about this because even as the gold gens have crappy payouts, the prices STILL go up even higher in the MP-- and for what? It's not like the GGs are handing out 1 trillion gold every play. There is an extreme amount of gold in the system right now, the gold gens really need to STOP. But I always think about this... I couldn't in good conscience price anything at 1 trillion. emotion_facepalm

I noticed that the prices are still going up too
Even with shitty payouts
What the heck is going on, I wonder?

Quite a few people have reported winning 8 trillion from the other gold gens which can grant you 100+ singles from a single. There are also people who open a ton of these. It all adds up. There's nothing mysterious about it.

Princess Unicorn

23,925 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
Hasuki Aatisuto
Scandinavian Dreams

I honestly don't think it will have that high of an impact on the economy, in comparison to what the other gold gens did.

While it's true that the jackpot is not 1 trillion but the average payout has not been increased (well, they didn't bother to do that with all the other gold gens, so it may apply here too), vendors will STILL charge their items/services like everyone can get 1 trillion per shot.

So, yes, it's going to have a huge impact on our economy. HUGE. We went from 160 billion to 1 trillion overnight, for Christ's sake.

We may be seeing the death of economy (well, if it hasn't died already) on this site because Gaia refuses to stop releasing gold generators and vendors refuses to price their wares reasonably.

But even if vendors try to charge more at first won't the prices eventually go down when they realize the majority of Gaians aren't prepared to pay that price, or possibly can't even?

Magical Girl

22,575 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
Which means that the payout is 100k rofl

It doesn't matter what the jackpot is, the payout is total crap on these things. In fact you get more from selling them than you do playing them

Wheezing Sex Symbol

17,575 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Gash Thrashum
Ron Dickles
Knight of Britannia
Ron Dickles
Slick Southpaw
considering the name of the item, I'd just consider it more of a desperation move to sell more.

not really surprised at this point, it's always been a marketing tactic with abysmal payouts, just like trying to win the IRL lottery.

I mean, I hope the payouts are shitty
but???
Idk man, I'm just feeling a little irritated by it. I'm not blaming them entirely, my concern is that a bunch of people are going to fall for this and use their GC to buy the gens instead of getting cash shop items.

I also wonder about this because even as the gold gens have crappy payouts, the prices STILL go up even higher in the MP-- and for what? It's not like the GGs are handing out 1 trillion gold every play. There is an extreme amount of gold in the system right now, the gold gens really need to STOP. But I always think about this... I couldn't in good conscience price anything at 1 trillion. emotion_facepalm

I noticed that the prices are still going up too
Even with shitty payouts
What the heck is going on, I wonder?

Quite a few people have reported winning 8 trillion from the other gold gens which can grant you 100+ singles from a single. There are also people who open a ton of these. It all adds up. There's nothing mysterious about it.

thank you for the info
I have been behind on my info so this helps a lot.

Gambler

should i just go buy the ludicrously overpriced s**t I want now or keep waiting around and hoping it doesn't spike in price (which apparently would still be fair as the payouts on this are apparently mediocre)?

Angelic Cat

23,165 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Snowball Hero 200
Lithium Filth
diet otaku
Ron Dickles

our posts say we don't like it but our purchases say we do. obviously people are still buying gold gens or they wouldn't keep selling them.

Actually the recent rise in payouts (not just the overnight 1tril), the 'permanent price' at 999, and the ongoing gold gen items on 'sale', say otherwise.
If an item was selling well you wouldn't constantly try to market it so it sells better. Sure, you might do a temporary sale, but if they were selling half as well as we were led to believe, why would they drop the price from $25 down to UNDER $9? You don't drastically drop the price on a well selling item, it doesn't make any business sense at all.
They're not selling well. But they're desperatly trying to do everything they can to make us want to buy them.

at this point we can say that breaking the mp was intentional on gaia's part. They wouldn't market gold gens like this if they actually wanted a working mp.

Angelic Cat

23,165 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Snowball Hero 200
DYRL
Which means that the payout is 100k rofl

It doesn't matter what the jackpot is, the payout is total crap on these things. In fact you get more from selling them than you do playing them

actually you could always get more from selling them

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Lockany
DJ Twissta
Ron Dickles
sterek
Wasn't it at 150 billion a few days ago? How does someone go from 150 billion to a trillion?
Let's hope the one user who wins the jackpot (let's be real, there won't be many winners) won't use it to hoard or AI--otherwise we're screwed.

I hope whoever wins it throws it right onto the GoFusion kickstarter

I hope it would go into newbie charities instead, at least it wouldn't be wasted that way :3
I feel like donating to the Gaia gold sinks is just supporting the cycle they created with the gold gens and gold sinks.

Well, people who even considered gold generators are desperate for gold themselves, that's why they caved and bought them in the first place, right?

I agree that gold sinks are to justify the sales of gold gens. Gold sink "events" are probably going to be a stable part of the site now.

What's worse is that they pretty much abandoned wing stickers which, to me, were like event loyalty rewards lol. They had some weird system that they abandoned in the past with the keys and the cookies some time ago xD I think gold is actually really easy to get now. All you have to do is fish in Durem and sell the fish :3 speaking of which I don't even notice any deflation that these gold sink events are supposed to cause. All I see is people using the gold sinks to buy certain things that are on the list.

Heart Tamer

Lithium Filth
diet otaku
Ron Dickles

The difference is they can afford to sell gold gens as low as they want because they don't have to pay artists to create or recolor items. All they really need to do is slap together some graphics for the ads and change variables. It also benefits them to continue devaluing gold. In other words, they have no real incentive to ever stop selling gold gens, no matter how cheap they get (it's obvious the backlash hasn't affected their stance on selling them).

Dragon Storyteller

52,425 Points
  • Heart of a Dragon 500
  • Embrace of Destiny 500
  • Empyrean Scribe 0
I don't know what else to do except outright ignore their existence anymore.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff