Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ice-Cold Victory

A lot of EIs/REIs have held up really well with time. Checkmate, the Lucies, the Ciels, Modus Operandi, Zodiacal, Masquerade, etc. Oisin's Blessing is another premium item that has never really lost its popularity (definitely a little less common these days but still very much in use). As for MCs, the one I've used the most for longest would be my Chain Wallet, which really has no analog nor need for an update.

Some gold shop favorites of mine include bloomers and G-LOL skirts! Accessories and ears, of course, never get old.

I'd love to see Picolitrosso's Urn or Biancamella updated. They are wonderful and lovely items but I'm just imagining them with more "modern" silhouettes and body mods and colors emotion_kirakira

Moonlight Shapeshifter

Coco Kitty Plushie!

Snarky Vampire

39,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Champion 300
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
I wasn't really interested in it when it came out, but Padmavati's Lotus is one of the oldest EIs I know that's aged well. Loads of old EIs have aged very well, in fact; so many that it'd really be easier to list the ones that haven't aged well at all.

Pretty much everything from Revolution Dawn, except perhaps Plague Revenant.

So Long Gay Bowser's Significant Otter

Loves You

36,000 Points
  • In a Lilac Forest 500
  • Blink If You Love Me 500
  • Hart of the Forest 500
Biancamella still makes its way into most of my avatars <3

Rogue

The Drunken Jester
Redwing Rogue
Dinkaw
Oh boy, I guess Picolitrosso's urn, it was everywhere before, still has some great and usable poses but most of them don't work too well now. I guess that would also be my pick for the ticket, I would love to see how they reimagine those poses.
Aww man! That was my one staple item! I knew I was forgetting something to my list. I still own mine too. Those shoe clips were on almost all of my older avis about a few years ago emotion_dowant . I would find it sad if that item is forgotten. crying

I still use mine all the time since my original Jester costume remains ever a classic. They still haven't made a new item that could ever replace those wine bottles or that really nice ruffled collar.

If ever I got any of the tickets (that will never happen but still) it would definitely be my choice for a recolor or any sort of update.
Ohh! I will admit, even though I'm not the biggest fan of the recolors recently, I'd love to see a recolor of Picolitrosso! But I would like the colors to be less monotone as some of the recolor items have been. I've been a fan of very few recolor items sadly.
Starrydance

The Biancamella was my favourite of the EIs back in the day. When I came back I ended up finding out there were colour variants and bought all the ones I could find. Love it. It's just so pretty. Sometimes I want to shove all like four of them on my avi but can't.

Adventuring Duck

I'd have to say Dappy Dandy since I pretty much always wear the wine lips. Also, Runcible Spoon since I use that color palette quite a bit.

So Long Gay Bowser's Significant Otter

Loves You

36,000 Points
  • In a Lilac Forest 500
  • Blink If You Love Me 500
  • Hart of the Forest 500
amsayy
Starrydance

The Biancamella was my favourite of the EIs back in the day. When I came back I ended up finding out there were colour variants and bought all the ones I could find. Love it. It's just so pretty. Sometimes I want to shove all like four of them on my avi but can't.

Agreed! The corset is my favorite pose of that, Id love it in a recolor in the purple tones. *dreamy sigh*

Or even a rehash of it, but I dont think it was ever popular enough to warrant a redo like the Marionettes, or the Lucies, or the Hatters.

The swirls and the skirt and the belt could be so beautifully updated. I love the belt, and the comb too - the comb layers SO beautifully.

Lets see, out of the MCs I still wear I guess the Winged Anklets or the Laurels? They are a touch harder to match, and of course with all the new legs!

Id say Gift of the Gods/Goddess' too, they are still really vibrant and well detailed.

Man-Hungry Elocutionist

12,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Popular Thread 100
There are heaps of older items still look great, though I have to say I'm not super familiar with many of the new items since inflation... All of the items on my avatar are over a year old. Haha.

Scurvy Winner

Case of Pietro and Masquerade are my life, even if I'm dead poor and in need of quick gold I still keep them.
Padmavati's Lotus is good because of the white skin tone which is a good replacement for White Body Dye.
Reve Rouille is gold because the eyeless mod.
Little Lucies and the variations are highly usable even until now.

Companions and backgrounds won't seem old to me, they're very flexible.

I would love to see remake or recolours for Flashion and Plated skirts.

Cosmogonal Cultist

33,915 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
Old... new... good items are GOOD ITEMS. I find it bizarre that the public's taste has changed so much over the past few years... back in my day, the older an item was, the more desirable it became. While that still holds true for 2003 donation items, it seems that these days, everyone is after the hottest newest items, and the older ones are left forgotten.

Works out great for me, though! I've recently scooped up a handful of items that were completely out of reach for me when they were new, but that have now inexplicably fallen out of favor, and dropped dramatically in price! (Or failed to keep up with the hyperinflation, as the case may be).

Now, if people could just forget about Guardians of the Galaxy sometime soon, I'd like for the Interstellar Starguy to drop below 100 bil plx. -_-

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff