Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Friendly 100
When did it become common for n00b users, with about as much grace as a ham sandwich, to come up to me, the seller, and demand that an item is to be sold for a certain price.

"But it's inflated, you'll never sell it at that price."

Well hold on a ******** second I seem to be in charge of what I sell and what I sell it for, so kindly sod off!

Ever since I won big on a CI I bought ages ago, I get these urchins popping up when I crawl from my cave to sell something. I don't give a s**t if your dog died, go search it's corpse for some extra gold, then talk to me.

*rages*

Does this happen to you? Am I the only one that gets useless people begging for me to sell my items at a markdown price because said user is poor. *let me play the world's smaller violin*

Am I being rude by simply answering their PM's with, "No." Or, "Click the buy now option, or don't bother. Simple."

Am I a little cranky?

Precious Seeker

I've gotten a couple of PMs asking about an offer, but generally by the time I write out a response or get around to reading the PM the item in question has been sold. sweatdrop

If they're being really rude you can just ignore the message, and block them if they persist. It's annoying, but if you can manage to detach yourself from the situation everything becomes a lot easier to deal with. That's the nice thing about the internet; you don't have to deal with anything you don't want to. You don't really get that luxury in real life.

And no, I don't believe that you are being rude. You have the right as a seller to refuse to haggle.

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

Ϲ ʀ ʏ s т Α ʟ ♥ ◕ ω ◕
          ╒═════════════════════════
            I think that many people who sell items priced over 100k get that.
            I've had people PM me and offer 1/5th of the worth and I just simply said "No thank you".
            It is a bit rude of people to PM and offer such ridiculous prices for more valuable items.
            I can understand if the situation is that I'm selling an item for 100k and
            someone wants a small discount price of 90-95k.

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Friendly 100
Sara Hysaro
I've gotten a couple of PMs asking about an offer, but generally by the time I write out a response or get around to reading the PM the item in question has been sold. sweatdrop

If they're being really rude you can just ignore the message, and block them if they persist. It's annoying, but if you can manage to detach yourself from the situation everything becomes a lot easier to deal with. That's the nice thing about the internet; you don't have to deal with anything you don't want to. You don't really get that luxury in real life.

I think I'm Pissy because I don't come on as much and expect the PMs to be nice things, not people being ******** dicks.

*chomps on keyboard*

Precious Seeker

Fancy Fluttershy
Sara Hysaro

I think I'm Pissy because I don't come on as much and expect the PMs to be nice things, not people being ******** dicks.

*chomps on keyboard*

I know what you mean. You see that you have a PM and you're like, "oh! :D" and then you open it to see something like that. The let down just adds to how annoying the actual message is.

Star Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Medalist 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Once or twice. I just ignored them. I'd be willing to listen if they were trying to haggle the item down to a resonable price, but not if they just want to whine about the price being too high.

Mysterious Trickster

I get it all the time. Depending on the initial PM, I will either be nice or rude. Nine times out of ten, I have been rude. I have had users PM me to raise the prices of some items. There was this one time, when a user PMd me to raise the price of a Dr. Who inspired item. There were 5 listings. I told him to buy my listing and resell it at his leisure. Needless to say, he did just that. I lawl'd.

Fluffy Otaku

this is why i set my PMs to friends only...
and disable friend invites (i do the friend-inviting to avoid random friend invites...but those settings have disadvantages too)

ninja

anyway, yes, less fortunate buyers-to-be kinda spam my comment box in my profiles...
but there will be people trying to push their luck, so to speak...

i think you've just gotten too many hagglers, which is why you're somewhat annoyed...
and i think that it's nice of you to actually reply to their PMs rather than completely ignore them.

i'm also sure people understand that people like to maximize their assets as much as possible

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Friendly 100
Sara Hysaro
Fancy Fluttershy
Sara Hysaro

*chomps on keyboard*

I know what you mean. You see that you have a PM and you're like, "oh! :D" and then you open it to see something like that. The let down just adds to how annoying the actual message is.

I did have a small circle of friends on here. When I get PM's I get this little thing in my head that they give two shits and are trying to ask if I'm ok.

But NOOOOO. ******** resellers. Anywhoooo.

The best one I had was where they said they would owe me for the rest of Gaia life. I reported the little d**k, when he came back on a mule account I pressed the report button again and trollololed off into the distance.

I want my Gaia gold, I want as much as I can get, if you don't have it, tough titties.

Ohhh my GODDESS I sound like a c**t DX

Cluttered Browser

26,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Yeah thats a pretty common thing.
raging at them or about doesn't really help much, just ignore em.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Ignore list. Move on.

Also, my god tdo I hate when people are referred to as noobs.

Star-Crossed Seraph

25,775 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Instead of being asked to possibly sell something at a lower price, I have been asked to outright -give- the item up and multiples if I have them so someone that I don't know can have their dream avatar. I looked at that one PM and ignored it.

Don't these people realize that most of the more well dressed avatars have users that bust their backsides to play the games, post, etc, spend actual CASH to get those items? Hell, I would love to have a lot of items that even questing for won't ever bring it into my inventory, but, I keep working at it and perhaps one day, I might have it.

Sorry, my outlook on that is "I worked for what I have, so can you ... get busy."/rant

Ruthless Prophet

11,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
I only act like that to douchey sellers who have no business selling things anyways.

AHEM. -coughcough-

Tipsy Lunatic

The Jester says...

I have a message in my shop that says "If you really just don't have the last few K then PM me and we'll talk".
So every once in a while I'll get PMs asking for a few k off, which I generally accept.
But even rarer than that I get someone asking for something like 100k+ off an item. Which is just ridiculous to me since I hardly ever sell things over 500k.

...you are highly entertained
Eh, some people inflate on purpose, particularly on the biggest items, with the expectation that they will receive different offers.

They don't bother me. If it's reasonable, I consider it, and if it's not, I say no and move on. I've never had anyone bother me more beyond that, though. I don't really sell big things, though, sooo... yeah.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff