Welcome to Gaia! ::

O.G. Gaian

I am really squeezed for time, so this is going to be really short. I won't be online to answer questions or to respond, so don't ask questions please.

Now that the price guides will no longer have the MTOL error, there will be a guid to selling/ buying items. Therefore, artificial inflation will decrease.

DISCUSSION: Agree, disagree? Like, Dislike?

Shirtless Lunatic

Probably, yes. I really do hope so.
I kinda like inflation, it makes me feel richer.
EVIL has been up the whole time... and updating. So I'm not to sure about that...

Familiar Elder

EVIL and DEVIL have been up and they seem to be updated constantly.

Personally, I don't think that the migration and return of the price guides will cut AI. When the GCG was up and considered to be the best price guide (by me anyhow), AI was happening right before their eyes, and this was before the messages were gone.

5,450 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
I doubt it.

The price guides update when they see people selling items for more and succeeding, not the other way around. Exchangers don't normally pay much attention to price guides anyway (except the GCG as it's up-to-date most of the time), but rather go by buying at prices they feel they can make a profit off of, and selling at prices they know they will find buyers at.

The price guides coming back is no big deal; if you've ever hung out in the exchange then you'll be more than used to people saying:

"The price guides are exactly that, guides. It's my item and I'll charge whatever the hell I like for it."

Mind-boggling Mage

Demon Kairos
EVIL has been up the whole time... and updating. So I'm not to sure about that...
Although, i believe that people have turned to E.V.I.L, mostly because it's the last guide online... with the returns of G.E.N and other price guides, i suspect that E.V.I.L will have less influence... it would have been easier if there was only one price guide... but which one should remain?, that could turn into a heated discussion.
Demon Kairos

Yeah, but not as many people can see it since the link page has the error as well (least last time I checked anyway) And since alot of people looking for the guides don't have them book marked or anything, they won't find it. I do agree that the guides do atleast somewhat help control inflation. Atleast in the exchange forum (I think we'velost the marketplace xp )
Isilvara
Demon Kairos
Although, i believe that people have turned to E.V.I.L, mostly because it's the last guide online... with the returns of G.E.N and other price guides, i suspect that E.V.I.L will have less influence... it would have been easier if there was only one price guide... but which one should remain?, that could turn into a heated discussion.
I like having more than one. o.o;;
Back when G.E.N. Was the only one people always complained that they were causing all the prices... Thus the others were born. 3nodding

Mind-boggling Mage

Demon Kairos
I like having more than one. o.o;;
Back when G.E.N. Was the only one people always complained that they were causing all the prices... Thus the others were born. 3nodding People must be stupid... G.E.N was merely listing the prices, as are the other price guides. Whomever claims that the new price guides, did something that G.E.N did not, should have their head examined xp
Well I'm happy some of the inflation will be going down ^__^

5,450 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
mariahb

It won't go down. If you're lucky it might slow down, but I don't see prices (at least donation item prices) ever going down unless the admins decide to make store-bought identical copies of them. They're rare and demand will always exceed supply. Price rises galore!
Seth Darkheart
mariahb

It won't go down. If you're lucky it might slow down, but I don't see prices (at least donation item prices) ever going down unless the admins decide to make store-bought identical copies of them. They're rare and demand will always exceed supply. Price rises galore!
*Resists the urge to be fan-girlie*

Its like saying with the price guides back they will run the econ... when really the econ runs them.
I hope so. ^^;
But I doubt it...there's no way to get rid of inflation...unless there's a big increase in -insert item name here-....then it might go down a tad. ;o
Sorry if that sounded pessimistic. domokun

5,450 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Demon Kairos
*Resists the urge to be fan-girlie*

Its like saying with the price guides back they will run the econ... when really the econ runs them.

Exactly.

They see a sale, they think: "Oh, that's higher than our guide" and update. Well, if they see enough of them. One chance sale doesn't fool them into thinking the price has risen.

However, when the price guides come up they're going to be out-of-date... I suppose there might be a massive influx of newbs selling items che--Excuse me, I do believe I hear the Exchange calling my name.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff