Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fluffy Creature

EliteDanneh
Troy the confuzed
EliteDanneh
What the hell is Square Enix's problem?! They're happy enough to license their now trashy video games over here.

God, I miss SquareSoft...

What on earth are you talking about?

Full Metal Alchemist is owned and licensed by Square Enix.

Not quite. The magazine the manga ran in is owned by Square Enix. But the anime is licensed by Funimation (in the US).

Codebreaking Investigator

Most redundant store ever.

They might as well stuff half of Gaia's items in there and be done with it.

Butterfly Prince

Troy the confuzed
EliteDanneh
Troy the confuzed
EliteDanneh
What the hell is Square Enix's problem?! They're happy enough to license their now trashy video games over here.

Not quite. The magazine the manga ran in is owned by Square Enix. But the anime is licensed by Funimation (in the US).

Given Square Enix license the merchandise and this is merchandise, I can't see the issue.

Fluffy Creature

EliteDanneh
Troy the confuzed
EliteDanneh
Troy the confuzed
EliteDanneh

Given Square Enix license the merchandise and this is merchandise, I can't see the issue.

If it was just FMA, you'd have a solid argument. But the items are specifically designated FMAB, meaning they are from the anime, and thus they must have gone through Funimation to get the sponsor, which would explain the US only thing, because Funi is known to do that while Square Enix isn't.

Butterfly Prince

Troy the confuzed
EliteDanneh
Troy the confuzed
EliteDanneh
Troy the confuzed
EliteDanneh

If it was just FMA, you'd have a solid argument. But the items are specifically designated FMAB, meaning they are from the anime, and thus they must have gone through Funimation to get the sponsor, which would explain the US only thing, because Funi is known to do that while Square Enix isn't.

As far as I'm aware, they own the intellectual property rights to FMA, meaning all spin off/sequel/prequel series too...Perhaps this is where I'm wrong?

Glitch

naaw - so cute.

; w ;

i hope they open it up to all user eventually ~

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
EliteDanneh
As far as I'm aware, they own the intellectual property rights to FMA, meaning all spin off/sequel/prequel series too...Perhaps this is where I'm wrong?

Serialization company. And it also has nothing to do with SquareSoft to Square Enix change. FMA wasn't even around when SquareSoft was SquareSoft. On top of that, Shounen Gangan came from Enix.

Also, since the items are advertisement to the anime, they (Funimation) would have to contact Square Enix, Bones, and the creator to have full permission... and then pay additional royalties. And that's not going to happen. :V

Butterfly Prince

Mitsumi-chan
EliteDanneh

Serialization company. And it also has nothing to do with Square Soft to Square Enix change. FMA wasn't even around when Square Soft was Square Soft.

Also, since the items are advertisement to the anime, they (Funimation) would have to contact Square Enix, Bones, and the creator to have full permission... and then pay additional royalties. And that's not going to happen. :V

Oh, I know Enix to Soft has nothing to do with this. I'm just saying, I missed when it when Squaresoft.

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
EliteDanneh
Oh, I know Enix to Soft has nothing to do with this. I'm just saying, I missed when it when Squaresoft.

Then why did you bring it up? Square Enix merge has nothing to do with this at all.

Butterfly Prince

Mitsumi-chan
EliteDanneh

Then why did you bring it up? Square Enix merge has nothing to do with this at all.

Personal thoughts leaking out, I suppose. Apologies for being human.

Fashionable Lunatic

22,075 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I wonder what will be next.

Survivor

12,150 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Survivor 150
Empress Eclair
I wonder what will be next.

My words exactly
dufaq its for us people... lame

Feral Hunter

12,800 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
if it means we're one step closer to air gear inspired items so be it.

and like someone said earlier, it can be filled with knock off items for gold so it can work out maybe in the future, give it time
There are possibly too many stores, but at least there is a place for all of those items now.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff