Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Explorer

Who's the man who's been at the center of controversy before? Who was accused of burning down the Gambino manor? That's right, it's Damian (Ian) von Helson. And he, too, is the culprit behind Gambino's murder and the reason why Zhivago is trying to hunt and kill Gino Gambino!
Oh, no, I'm not crazy. Ian said it best, himself, during his trial after he was convicted.
ProsecutionBot: Does it anger you to know that the woman you love was taken from you by the same blood that took your family business from you?

Ian I ...

ProsecutionBot: YES or NO, Ian? Does it anger you to know that all of your hopes and dreams were dashed away by the GAMBINO's?!

Ian ...yes. *sob*

ProsecutionBot And you would do ANYTHING to get back what you lost, wouldn't you? WOULDN'T YOU?!

Ian ... I ... yes. *sob* *sob*

We're all familiar with the phase "love makes you do stupid things". Ian admitted to doing ANYTHING to exact revenge on the Gambino family- Johnny, who took away the shop that Ian had inherited from his family, not long after it was entrusted to him, and Gino, who snatched away the woman he loved. He's always disliked the Gambino's, and in turn, Johnny has always detested Ian's kind-vampires, and Gino snatched away Sasha. What better way to ensure that the people who hurt him could no longer interfere in his life if their own lives were snatched away?
Perhaps Ian could've been so distraught that he could've fallen in with the wrong crowd and encountered Luca Kuro, and asked the Don for a favor; a death with upon the Gambino's; to get them out his way once and for all. Now, being one of Von Helson blood, Luca may have recalled Ian's father's affiliation with the lapdog the Von Helsons had; Zhivago- who better than the man who had taken a shot as Johnny before, and kidnapped Gino many times to kill him, too? Besides, Zhigavo thinks of Gino as a "worthless" and a "rodent". Luca might've figured he's have no trouble with giving Gino the boot. Everything was left in the Don's hands, and Ian could go back to running his shop with clean hands, so long as he spoke not of their deal, and no one could accuse him of any wrongdoing in the future, when Johnny was to be silenced forever.

Tiny Shapeshifter

Ahahaha, no way. Ian's too much of a doofus to think of such things. Oh wai- *flashback of Ian stabbing the loaf of bread* ...Well then. Be careful with the nice peeps. ninja

Anyway, what do the dark elves get from teaming up with Ian? You know for sure that Ian doesn't have mula to his name. They are smarter than that to be taking the wealth left over by the Gambinos, simply because that'll just give them a bad name "publicly". They are supposedly be some sort of blackmarket type of folks to begin with.

Tsukimio's Husbando

Aged Phantom

How do you explain the god-killing then?
Ian has nothing against the Gods

Distinct Explorer

hey hey hey, don't be too quick to judge people on niceness, or just because their a doofus. Push someone too far, and make them break, and they'll just go batshit nuts.
I don't think the Don would want wealth from Ian. Dude seems plenty rich enough, if you ask me.
Ian could be clueless to what his end of the bargain was, if the Don didn't tell him. Maybe his shop will end up being taken from him again, since that's pretty much all he has. but that might circle back around to Ian finding someone stronger to kill Luca.

Distinct Explorer

Glass Soldier
never said Ian played a part in that. That could very well be all Luca's doing. His own schedule, and just using Zhiggy to do to two things at once; fulfill Ian's side of the contract, and his own, with the god killings.

Tsukimio's Husbando

Aged Phantom

Fractale
Glass Soldier
never said Ian played a part in that. That could very well be all Luca's doing. His own schedule, and just using Zhiggy to do to two things at once; fulfill Ian's side of the contract, and his own, with the god killings.
Ian just doesnt seem like the spiteful type
He eventually got his shop back even though sasha continues to not really notice him. You cant forget that the Gambinos also helped him with his vampirism until the 2k7(?) event

Distinct Explorer

Glass Soldier
Fractale
Glass Soldier
Ian just doesnt seem like the spiteful type
He eventually got his shop back even though sasha continues to not really notice him. You cant forget that the Gambinos also helped him with his vampirism until the 2k7(?) event
are you talking about this?
no, I'm sure that that was Edmund's doing and he just twisted Gambino's arm into going along with it. Gambino wanted nothing to do with the vampires, but agreed to help Ian with the cure because Edmund is his long time friend, and only wanted to keep that friendship and make Ed happy. I think he made his hate for vampires pretty clear here

Tiny Shapeshifter

Fractale
hey hey hey, don't be too quick to judge people on niceness, or just because their a doofus. Push someone too far, and make them break, and they'll just go batshit nuts.
I don't think the Don would want wealth from Ian. Dude seems plenty rich enough, if you ask me.
Ian could be clueless to what his end of the bargain was, if the Don didn't tell him. Maybe his shop will end up being taken from him again, since that's pretty much all he has. but that might circle back around to Ian finding someone stronger to kill Luca.
Like Clover did when she lost her brother in the nonary game (a DS visual novel game I played recently, called 9 hours 9 persons 9 doors). That gal went bat-s**t on me. crying

Ian doesn't have many ties to begin with. It's already odd enough that he had Don working for him. To find someone greater than Don's family is simply out of the question. The vampire clan has the dark elves, or Louie (Ian's ran away from the vamp clan as a kid), or some other high vampire head person we don't know about. The Gaia Gods are hidden all around the place, away from the races we know of. Brenniven and Star people, they're not the type to go out and hurt other people either (too busy with themselves).

Lonely Survivor

the ian trial was before my time... what happenecdwith the whole 'johnny took it away 'thing?

Distinct Explorer

Neko SailorYue
the ian trial was before my time... what happenecdwith the whole 'johnny took it away 'thing?
basically- the store was on Gambino isle ad run for a long time by Ian's family, but the time came when his dad entrusted the store to Ian, but there was something in the deed that had gone wrong, and Meredith had to take the shop away, under Gambino's orders.

Distinct Explorer

Yen Quest
Fractale
Like Clover did when she lost her brother in the nonary game (a DS visual novel game I played recently, called 9 hours 9 persons 9 doors). That gal went bat-s**t on me. crying

Ian doesn't have many ties to begin with. It's already odd enough that he had Don working for him. To find someone greater than Don's family is simply out of the question. The vampire clan has the dark elves, or Louie (Ian's ran away from the vamp clan as a kid), or some other high vampire head person we don't know about. The Gaia Gods are hidden all around the place, away from the races we know of. Brenniven and Star people, they're not the type to go out and hurt other people either (too busy with themselves).
if Don did request his shop as equal payment for the death of the Gambino's, I did say that it might, might loop back around to have history repeat itself. Even if Ian was able to find someone stronger to off Luca, I don't think he'd actually go through with it, since he would've agreed to the Don's quid pro quo on their deal. His shop might be worth the heads of two Gambino's on a platter. we won't know until; Gaia finishes their plot. I'm just speculating. and you guys said you wanted more crackpot theories.

Tiny Shapeshifter

Fractale
if Don did request his shop as equal payment for the death of the Gambino's, I did say that it might, might loop back around to have history repeat itself. Even if Ian was able to find someone stronger to off Luca, I don't think he'd actually go through with it, since he would've agreed to the Don's quid pro quo on their deal. His shop might be worth the heads of two Gambino's on a platter. we won't know until; Gaia finishes their plot. I'm just speculating. and you guys said you wanted more crackpot theories.
The shop is soo... invaluable to Luca. For Ian, it is so. So yeah, I don't think there's anything Ian can offer at the moment. Luca and the group have pride just like any other race out there. The only thing this might give them is the opportunity to get rid just one of the big heads and lay the blame on the vampires (which is pretty much what's going on in the manga right now, I believe). sweatdrop
Speculating's good. What's the point of crackpot theories if you won't discuss it (so long there's something to work with)? xD
Except Ian reviled his vampiric heritage, using drugs to repress it and hiding from the vampires until Zhigavo found him, why would he embrace it now? On the other hand Ian seemed to despise his fathers actions and decision to attack gaians more than vampires at large, and in the end he didn't take the permanent cure, though Moira didn't give him much of a chance, and while Louie was the one who agreed to take up the reins as head of the Von Helsons hes kind of been appearing a lot in the manga loafing around, while Ian hasn't really been appearing much at all. I guess its plausible, but there needs to be a missing piece explaining Ians fall from levity into bitterness and hatred.

That, and an explanation of why he said this "Gambino and I never got along, but deep down he was a decent man."

Distinct Explorer

Yen Quest
Fractale
The shop is soo... invaluable to Luca. For Ian, it is so. So yeah, I don't think there's anything Ian can offer at the moment. Luca and the group have pride just like any other race out there. The only thing this might give them is the opportunity to get rid just one of the big heads and lay the blame on the vampires (which is pretty much what's going on in the manga right now, I believe). sweatdrop
Speculating's good. What's the point of crackpot theories if you won't discuss it (so long there's something to work with)? xD
trying to. but it's really early for me, so my brain may not be all here. You;ll have to forgive me. at least I didn't post and run. so this does seem like discussion to me. as Ians shop it now, yes, it could be worthless to the Don. but it could be turned into some place for smuggled goods or whatever the dark elves deal with, to be stashed, without Ian being any the wiser.

Distinct Explorer

Overslept
Except Ian reviled his vampiric heritage, using drugs to repress it and hiding from the vampires until Zhigavo found him, why would he embrace it now? On the other hand Ian seemed to despise his fathers actions and decision to attack gaians more than vampires at large, and in the end he didn't take the permanent cure, though Moira didn't give him much of a chance, and while Louie was the one who agreed to take up the reins as head of the Von Helsons hes kind of been appearing a lot in the manga loafing around, while Ian hasn't really been appearing much at all. I guess its plausible, but there needs to be a missing piece explaining Ians fall from levity into bitterness and hatred.

That, and an explanation of why he said this "Gambino and I never got along, but deep down he was a decent man."
he doesn't have to embrace it. For all I know, he could've just suggested that he wanted something bad to happen to the Gambino's for all they did, and the Don took it from there; assuming that Ian wanted to kill the big G's, and looked into Ian family's records to see that Zhivago was a good fit for the job. Ian wouldn't have to know who's handling the dirty work, so long as they got it done.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff