Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shameless Nymph

20,150 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25
Have you ever seen an item you though you would love, hated it after you bought it, and then later on find a use for it and fall back in love with it? I’ve had this hate-love relationship with a few items, but none as bad as Summer Haircut, Hime Bangs Haircut, Agape's Cut.

Never thought I would be able to successfully use Summer Haircut and Him Bands Haircut until I paired them together Celestial Deputy. The short brown locks are now a new favorite of mine and it leaves me glad that I decided to hang onto the scissors just a bit longer, now I don't see myself selling them. I just have to savre to get the rest of the Celestial set, swear these scissors have given me a whole new outlook.

Arm mods would be my other one, I loved some and then later one hated all but the two I use constantly. Some just don't work well with anything.

Anyway, tell me:
~ What are your Love-Hate items?
~ Any items you absolutely hated until you paired it with something else?
~ Any item(s) you loved and then later on hated and can't figure out why you even bought it?
I never thought someone would hate any scissor pose. They create so many different options; they are seriously a godsend from the artists considering how many different items we truly get with just one pose.

Pretty much every item from D*C is a love-hate for me. I love every single one of them but they can be such a b***h to incorporate into an outfit without being forced to design around it.

Seriously though, more D*C items. Please?

Shameless Nymph

20,150 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25
Suivien
I never thought someone would hate any scissor pose. They create so many different options; they are seriously a godsend from the artists considering how many different items we truly get with just one pose.

Pretty much every item from D*C is a love-hate for me. I love every single one of them but they can be such a b***h to incorporate into an outfit without being forced to design around it.

Seriously though, more D*C items. Please?

I adore Agape, but when I came back from my break and bought the bundle I had no use at all for the other two scissors and was about to sell them both, nothing ever looked right with Hime to me, and Summer did very little (I pair it with Agape a lot now though)

I love D*C items, I wish they would release more as well though >.<

Eternal Hellraiser

Bunilla is that item for me. I loved it then I bought it and I couldn't really find uses for it..

But now I love it again now I've more items with the same sort of colors.. but always need more :<

Witty Rogue

21,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
All of the Spica items. They're absolutely gorgeous, but SUCH a pain to try and match. x:

Perfect Saint

I think I'm being confused with Buyer's Regret. I think I go through that feeling several times a month.

Valiant Jackling

I disliked Offering Arms at first, but then I made an outfit where it worked so perfectly I had to buy it. I've used it several times since.

Hazy Ember is another. I thought it was super ugly until two months ago when I made a delightful Mardi Gras outfit with the dress (which is what I had previously disliked). Haven't used the dress since, but I've used the hair several times. I just couldn't justify buying the item for their hair alone before xD

Dapper Puppy

Forteanagoria. Oh goodness, Forteanagoria.

I picked this up during its second stage of its evolution. And as the rest of the stages unfolded, I regretted this purchase more and more. I disliked this item so much that I wouldn't purchase any items still in evolution until The Stinger came out.

Tipsy Reindeer

So... not too long ago I made a comment wondering why gaia kept making lavender/lilac recolors of items when they didn't seem very popular and were always the cheapest on the mp, essentially knocking them. I was never a fan of lavender. Or purple really.

Then I made this avatar. Yafehiel's Sanction in particular is my least favorite. But it works well for this avatar.

I was also never much of a fan of the Tapioca leg mod, again until I made this. Now it is my favorite.

So um... yeah. sweatdrop

minghii's Compadre

Sexy Bun

Here's an old one that's been the bane of my existence: Ilmacchiato

I bought and sold this item so many goddamn times I've lost count.
It's good for certain small details but otherwise it goes untouched in my inventory and always gets dumped whenever I do a invo-sprucing.

However nowadays, I've been keeping it more because the newer items seem to match it more.
Maybe I wasn't able to use it that well before because it was way ahead of its time?

Shameless Nymph

20,150 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25
Elinoi
      Bunilla is that item for me. I loved it then I bought it and I couldn't really find uses for it..

But now I love it again now I've more items with the same sort of colors.. but always need more :<

I have a few small items like that too, I keep a hold of them just in case Gaia finally makes more of a similar shade >.< Glad you were able to get a use for it!

Shameless Nymph

20,150 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25
Erailea
I disliked Offering Arms at first, but then I made an outfit where it worked so perfectly I had to buy it. I've used it several times since.

Hazy Ember is another. I thought it was super ugly until two months ago when I made a delightful Mardi Gras outfit with the dress (which is what I had previously disliked). Haven't used the dress since, but I've used the hair several times. I just couldn't justify buying the item for their hair alone before xD

See, offering arms I tried to use but just couldn't make it work, wish I could, glad you were able to!! Love mardi gras outfits, always turn out super cute!

Shameless Nymph

20,150 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25
ninja-no-ryu
So... not too long ago I made a comment wondering why gaia kept making lavender/lilac recolors of items when they didn't seem very popular and were always the cheapest on the mp, essentially knocking them. I was never a fan of lavender. Or purple really.

Then I made this avatar. Yafehiel's Sanction in particular is my least favorite. But it works well for this avatar.

I was also never much of a fan of the Tapioca leg mod, again until I made this. Now it is my favorite.

So um... yeah. sweatdrop

I can understand that, I use to hate lavender items as well, but I loved the darker purples. Then slowly I fell in love with lavender so half of my invo is that lovely purple xD in purple overload now. Your avatar is very lovely though, you did fantastic on it!

Madam Ace's Compadre

Shady Man-Lover

Matcha green items
I don't hate them at all, in fact I try to collect them

But damn the amount of matcha green items that actually matches out there?? TOO LITTLE

I love green items to death but they have always and still are kinda hard to match because they always seems to be in different shades

There's also the small earphones from British boyfriends. They don't layer with hats and it kills the life out of me

Shade

16,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Devin 200
  • Punk Patrol 250
my k-pop collection (not much of one though) is a love-hate relationship for me
i love electric crush but its hard to incorporate it into a lot of outfits
bulletproof is worse, because the teal sticks out like a sore thumb against anything
still, i love them

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces