Original Fatcat

10,775 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
ROLLBACK IS OVER! ARE YOU HAPPY? YOU SHOULD BE! LOVE THE ADMINS! biggrin

Okay, my thread's outdated now. But I'm leaving the post up. <3333

THE NEW PROBLEM:
How many Gaians are actually going to stick to their word and leave because of what they lost in the Rollback?
Read below for details. cool

And Now, Pidge's Infamous Post...
Consider what they HAVE done for us. <3
Heartagram (in another thread)
Although i see the QnA swamped with "ZOMG WHEREZ MY GOLDZZZ?!?!?!!!oneshift!", like earlier when it was "ZOMG ROLLBACKZ IMA DIEZZ??!?!" i would like to thank you all for doing a very smooth rollback(so far), and the introduction of the inventory organiser, which i think is rather good 3nodding .
Thanks admin, thanks very much 3nodding
This post is becoming quite long, so I'm taking it down a font size. I don't usually use font codes, but whatever.
EDIT: Ohnoes, I got moved-ed. Sorry, CatsGame! thanks for setting me straight in what-goes-where. heart
A thank-you to everyone who has posted their opinions. <333

-------
Let us commence with the original post itself. XD

Leaving because of the rollback doesn't sound so bad right about now.
Not because of the rollback itself, but because of the users.

What kind of place is Gaia becoming, where one single event triggers an explosion where the entire site erupts in a sea of bitching about pixels and e-materialism, over a course of four days?

I don't care what you got in those four days. It's pretend, and can be gotten again. Four days isn't a long time. Four more days should be able to do it again. If not, then it's obvious your account was glitched. Which isn't your fault. None of this is, but there is nothing you can do about it.

Before you try to b***h at me "ya but itz all going 2 waste wutz the point!!!!" I advise you read this. And then this. Because we all know that there are still rollback whiners who have not read them. So do it.

If gold and items were disabled completely for an extended period of time, how much traffic do you think the site would get after all the materialists come to do their expected bitching for 5 minutes and then leave because they're not getting any pixels?

Seriously.

I know this has been covered already, but I just wanted to have my say in it. Threads are slowly dying anyway.

Sorry for the big text, but it had been made clear that I need to elaborate on this.

NOTE: I am not leaving Gaia. I've stuck by it through everything since I joined. wink And just because I'm criticizing the materialists does not give you the immediate right to demand my stuff "bcuz u say its just pixals so it doesnt mattr so giv me ur chain wallit!!!!!!111111"

By the replies, I think I will be able to tell who has and hasn't read the whole post.

-------

READING IS GOOD FOR YOU.
Question: What is Rollback?
Answer: I advise you read this. And then this.
We Love You Lanzer!
Lanzer
Sorry for the long delay, the rollback did take longer to perform than expected, but in a few moment the rollback will be complete, and most features on Gaia will be restored.

- Currently all accounts have been rolled back to the day of May 9th, 2005 at 3:00am, PST
- All items in the marketplace and all items that is being traded are returned to their original accounts
- New users who signed on after May 9th are still here, there's no need to sign in again
- To help compensate for the gold loss, all accounts who were active during the rollback period will have a gold increase.
- Regular users have 1700 gold added to their account
- New users have 500 to 1700 gold added depending on when they signed in.

For all users who donated during that time period, your items will be returned to you later on in the afternoon.

We're very sorry that everyone had to go through this rollback. We'll do what we can to prevent anything similar from happening in the future, and we'll continue to work hard in bringing everyone new updates and features in the days to come.
May 14th a Gaia Holiday?
pidgezero_one
Undead Braaains Database
Once all the complainers leave Gaia will be a much better (if slightly smaller) place 3nodding
This + This I like. I really like. 3nodding
^^^^^^^^^^^ KICKS a**. I HIGHLY ENCOURAGE you ALL to consider this.

Oh. My. God. READ THESE QUOTES PEOPLE. IT IS GOOD FOR YOU. YOU WILL BE 100% SMARTER ON THIS ISSUE AFTER READING Kilarra AND [ Sukkubus ]' ARGUMENTS.
Kilarra (also elsewhere)

But the rollback isn't to punish people who abused the glitch.

Understand this, which is ALL in the Announcements - problems that the glitch has caused:

1) HALF of Gaia received the glitch. This didn't mean they exploited it - it meant they were getting excess random events, excess gold, for everything they were doing, even if those things were just normal like lurking around the site. The OTHER half received gold at a normal rate. Hence, half of Gaia is now illegally at an unfair advantage to that other half. The rollback will even this back to normal. I wasn't affected by the glitch, and yet I support this rollback for re-establishing fairness, even if I have to lose posting gold and a possible trade for that four day period.

2) Many people who are losing gold shouldn't have earned as much as they did anyway, because of the glitch. So they aren't losing as much as they think.

3) MASS inflation. 80million glitched gold has flooded the economy. Taking it all back is the best way, currently, to fix to terrible inflation rates. If it's not taken back, this will affect questers, buyers, and sellers for MUCH longer than a pathetic four day period. You're complaining about 1200 gold - well, imagine the poor questing folk who finally saved up enough money to find their much-wanted item had doubled in price. And that could happen still if this 80million gold is left in the economy.

4) Stuff will not just 'vanish'. Any items purchased within the four days, then the gold you used to buy it will be in your account as though you'd never bought it. Sales? The item will just be back in your account as though you'd never sold it. I understand there are cases with donations, non-Gaia transactions (such as minishop art) that must be chased up, but for the MAJORITY of users, only posting gold will be lost for four days. And Lanzer stated you may be compensated.

5) People may find themselves inconvenienced on an individual level, but the rollback is for the good of the site as a whole. This is far more important for future and lasting use, than just four days. So those users who care more about themselves and their pixels than the Gaian community as a whole are generally the ones whining about the rollback (excluding those who are genuinely going to lose potentially difficult things, such as minishop transactions. But even those aren't as important as the site as a whole).
[ Sukkubus ]
Love the thread.

It pisses me off that all these 'omfg!1 i want me moneys!1' threads are going around, complaining how they are going to lose 50k worth of gold. I guess it hasn't clicked yet for them that they didn't really earn that gold, it was a glitch.

I was a user who was not affected by it and I feel that our standpoint is going unheard. We never got any extra gold so why the hell should someone have millions of more gold then me, juist because of some damn glitch? It sickens me to see all these people complaing about the rollback, apparently oblivious to the inflation of some items.

One last rant, sweatdrop

The prices will drop, if you were paying attention the market is getting restarted, meaning users are now going to replace items in the market. If sellers are going to be idiots and not notice the big drop in funds for users, then they will quickly drop when some other sellers get a brain and sell things cheaper.

...finaly, people can't seem to understand a rollback, whatever your acount was 4(5) days ago, is what it's going to be like. All the stuff you bought, sold, traded or gained is going to be GONE. Simple eh?

I just loved this:
Memorable Post
[Ryu]
pidgezero_one
Could this also be outlined by the fact that there are more users who might have joined because one of their equally obsessive friends shouted "OMG AVATARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"? gonk
ONG AVIS WUR?!1/1?!?!??!?!?!!?/1!?1?!1?!!?!??!?!!?!?!! gonk xd xd blaugh scream gonk stressed sweatdrop domokun domokun crying eek whee
/n00b
Sorry [Ryu], it wasn't letting me use the proper font size. ^^;
Pansies
I read your "Leaving Because of Rollback" thread, and heart it. Finally, some maturity! I was part of the half that earned gold normally, and didnt get extra random events or anything, so Im glad the rollback happened.
^A very special thanks for this PM. biggrin

cat faced killa's Fangirl

Original Fatcat

10,775 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
baka_soul
3nodding
I'm glad you seem to agree. xd

cat faced killa's Fangirl

Original Fatcat

10,775 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
VampireShadow
Banana
O_o; You sure you're in the right thread here? xd (I'm aware of the guitar petition.)

Quotable Conventioneer

8,000 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I actually appreciate Gaia more for the forums now.

Doesn't mean I'm entirely happy about the extra tail-chasing I need to do after the rollback, but eh...

Adventuring Cat

People aren't reading the announcements or taking the time to understand why the rollback is occuring. they just want to keep all the stuff they got. It's all about the gold.

I say if people are going to whine let em leave if that's how they feel. The Q&A is filled with people whining over the rollback. It's so stupid.

It's these selfish greedy pixel whores that are the reason behind all the inflation in the first place.
OMGYES. Thank you for making this thread. I'm so sick of hearing people whining about how they're going to lose their items/donations. "YOU CAN GET THEM BACK, SO STFU. mad " I want to tell them. >>;;

<333

Dapper Grabber

Where have you been? This has happened after every type of glitch Gaia has had. It's happened after every missed deadline.

This isn't about just people on Gaia, it's about people in general. We're all greedy at the heart, deal.
GoatSlayrr
Where have you been? This has happened after every type of glitch Gaia has had. It's happened after every missed deadline.

This isn't about just people on Gaia, it's about people in general. We're all greedy at the heart, deal.

No x3
Truthfully, I've been considering giving up on Gaia for a while now. I love the site, I love the admins, and I love the friends I've made. But it seems like there's a huge amount of people in this forum who are selfish, whiny jerks...I've never seen anything like it in any other forum. Sure, I've seen trolls and flamers, but never in the amount that this forum seems to have.
You go girl... and Gaia xd

Wistful Lunatic

8,250 Points
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Signature Look 250
I guess that's the tragedy of any great idea.

It starts with a few people. The movers, the shakers, and the idealists. They put something into motion.

They tell their friends and/or family. They join up.

Word gets around, things start to get advertised. Then you pick up strangers. People who don't know each other. Then it gets to the point where the new people coming in have little in common with those few that started the idea.

But it's good to stick by something despite that. smile
<center> Damn, I thought you were leaving and I saw your name as the author xd

Anyway, yeah. I agree with what you say. I find it annoying how user's think it's a dumb thing and doesn't think of the effect. Also some thinking the Admin's made the mistake. neutral
Its nice to see people who are unselfish and i totaly agree that people are taking this a little to far. i think if they want the gold so bad then why cant they go and earn it again the way it was supposed to be done?

Listen to me now im being as bad as everyone else whining about why I dont like what poeple are doing. Guess we're all just the same in one way or another.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff