Welcome to Gaia! ::

Adnama Lavode
I would actually wear the Angelic Sash if it didn't kill pretty much every arm mod.

Some of the older items are just pixeled so roughly, so it's hard to mix and match them with the newer items sometimes. Like the AFK and OMG hats. The Nitemare scarf doesn't have the best flow either.

For me though, if I did attain most of those older status items, it wouldn't be the case of me not wearing them because they're not status-y anymore. I would wear them, I just may not wear them for long, or it may take a while for me to wear it. I change avatars pretty much every day and I don't stick to any particular item when I change. So plenty of items sit in my inventory unused until it is their time to shine.

This, so much. I actually like how the sash looks but when I tried actually wearing it, none of the layering works with it @_@ And .. it's kinda boring to go naked avatar with it xd

Goth Fairy

22,600 Points
  • 90's Movie Token Quirky Goth Girl 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Yeah that's obvious bullshit, status items change but you can always spot what I like to call a Status Avatar- piling on as many expensive, popular items as you can no matter how ugly it is. They all tend to look pretty much the same too. Even as the status items change, you can still spot a status avatar.
ex:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

see also: wearing an entire set of nekolas, maybe featuring a couple other LQI's

I generally keep my rare items even if they deflate. Sometimes I'll buy an item I like, it'll inflate a lot, then I'll decide I don't like it as much as I'd like that gold in my pocket and sell it.

Muzeu's Wife

Magical Girl

14,725 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
I actually just really don't like the pixelling, to be frank; also the colours are weird and don't match much XD

On the other hand, I'd feel...idk, weird wearing them? Mostly 'cause I didn't join in '03/'04. (YES I KNOW THIS IS FLAWED LOGIC AND HENCE THE SPOILER TAG OK)

fxxkin demon

I ******** love my OG d-tail. It was one of the first items I ever really really wanted for my avi, it took me way too long to quest and matches absolutely nothing but it's the only 03 item I love. I've even thought about questing all the recolors of it but it seemed like a waste 'cause I rarely take it off. I do have one of the bloody versions of it to match the bloody version of HotD.

Would I still wear it if it wasn't so rare? Yeah I would. It's a big part of my avatar's look and makes sense character wise. It's so strange that it's gotten so few re-releases. There's been a couple of chance bundles and stuff but it's never been released like the OMG has. Is is popular? I've no clue. I see them all the time on avatars but I don't hear about people questing it. And I spend a lot of time in CB where people are constantly mentioning their quests. Maybe it's because there are so many recolors and substitutes.

Fused Astronomer

sometimesalways
I ******** love my OG d-tail. It was one of the first items I ever really really wanted for my avi, it took me way too long to quest and matches absolutely nothing but it's the only 03 item I love. I've even thought about questing all the recolors of it but it seemed like a waste 'cause I rarely take it off. I do have one of the bloody versions of it to match the bloody version of HotD.

Would I still wear it if it wasn't so rare? Yeah I would. It's a big part of my avatar's look and makes sense character wise. It's so strange that it's gotten so few re-releases. There's been a couple of chance bundles and stuff but it's never been released like the OMG has. Is is popular? I've no clue. I see them all the time on avatars but I don't hear about people questing it. And I spend a lot of time in CB where people are constantly mentioning their quests. Maybe it's because there are so many recolors and substitutes.

You can go buy a d-tail now guaranteed for 100 dollary doos. It has a massive re-release, it's just stuck behind a paywall.

fxxkin demon

Satzle
sometimesalways

You can go buy a d-tail now guaranteed for 100 dollary doos. It has a massive re-release, it's just stuck behind a paywall.

A hundred bucks? Seriously. Damn. No wonder I don't see too many of them.

Fused Astronomer

sometimesalways
Satzle
sometimesalways

A hundred bucks? Seriously. Damn. No wonder I don't see too many of them.
lol. it comes with a bunch of other crap but yeah it's pretty dumb.

Witty Bibliophile

11,975 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Adelpha's Resolve. It's an MC and therefore shouldn't be released again; but I really like the arm mods from it.☼

Inquisitive Capitalist

10,250 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bookworm 100
  • Profitable 100
Hm, that's what I always said about my mini's.
Now they are affordable, and have multiple colors to boot. Finally have a set that are actually white. So I got both at cheap prices biggrin
Problem I have is, I like to match, and alot of older items... only match eachother...
So I really only wear my minis when I wear my sash and anklets. and while I have a deep love for the set, I like to change my avi around, so I don't wear them often, because I'd rather play with new combinations of items right now.

Skylex Nevaeh's Husband

Shirtless Demon

17,050 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I just wish nitemare minis were affordable. gonk Every time I had a smidgen of a chance to buy them, they go up. EVERY TIME. I guess they are just one of those items I will never have. emo

Beloved Stargazer

Recolors tend to have an opposite effect for me - I am wearing items I would not have worn otherwise.

I have always liked the angelic minis, for example, but I was never a fan of the so called 'angelic blue'. It was hard to match with anything beside other angelic items for a long time. Then the abyss minis came out and they were everything I always wanted ! I brought a pair and use them in most of the avatars I've done since then.

Also I had no ideas the panda hats tanked THAT hard, omg. /goes buy one

Tipsy Explorer

recolors lose the special nostalgia feel of the originals
re-releases kill the mystique

Ghost Buster

there are very few older items that i wear now, most being accessories or gold shop items

the only old mcs i utilize are the angelic + demonic pendants
i'd consider buying NM minis if i had an avatar in mind for them because i love clips near the temple (i have soooo many)
maybe a devil tail if it fell in my lap, but i don't feel any pressing desire to go out of my way to own one

Trash Vampire

The beauty of an item certainly becomes less so when you know people won't be oohing and aahing over you when you wear it. People want to be special. Some just choose to cover it up by insisting their pure intentions.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff