Welcome to Gaia! ::

In a relationship with Redstar Galaxy

Wistful Fairy

42,740 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Gaia Merch Box Achievement 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Kitty Gnar-Gnar
I am constantly pining for goldshop versions of basic s**t that comes out in RIGs. Constantly. Would putting some syringes in Jock Strap ******** kill you, Gaia?

But lucky me, most of the big expensive items I like are pretty unique, so knockoffs don't really happen, exactly. stare So I just have to resign myself to probably never having either the actual item OR a knockoff.
User Image

I'd also like to point out the serious F'n lack of Jock Straps on Gaia too cat_stressed

Lavish Lunatic

Unfortunately, I easily shell out a few mil for an item, or even 1 pose I like. So no, I hardly use cheaper replacements.

I mean, for example my lips, they're the gaia-sama lips. I could go cheaper and just use the default pink lips, but that just doesn't look the same! And so I pay 9 mil for one pose.. xd

Luckily I've never lusted after something like the Devil Tail.. Because that would be impossible, even for me. I'd have to sell too much! emotion_donotwant

Single Divorcee

Anabaena
Unfortunately, I easily shell out a few mil for an item, or even 1 pose I like. So no, I hardly use cheaper replacements.

I mean, for example my lips, they're the gaia-sama lips. I could go cheaper and just use the default pink lips, but that just doesn't look the same! And so I pay 9 mil for one pose.. xd

Luckily I've never lusted after something like the Devil Tail.. Because that would be impossible, even for me. I'd have to sell too much! emotion_donotwant

Raising 1million for me is a month long chore.

Lavish Lunatic

Sleeb
Raising 1million for me is a month long chore.
The thing is that when I give my inventory a good spring cleaning (but not sell my most precious/expensive items) I already can make several millions.. xd

I stacked up some inventory worth over the years. And I sell low, so I sell fast. I think my gaia-sama took me two weeks. sweatdrop

But I have little attachment to my items, so I sell my stuff easily.

And then you only have three months left to go! cool

Lucky Saint

15,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
The only thing I've EVER wanted regardless of how much I have, is that Bunny Brigade.

I cry every time I think about it, cause when I think I have enough for it (for example one time I have like 4mil) it jumps up in price. (at that time it was 5 mil)

Then when I convince myself, "nah bro, it ain't worth the tears" it goes down. After I send my gold.

Just take my tears Gaia. OH LOOK, there's none in the MP. crying

Benevolent Genius

13,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Mark Twain 100
I like the animated Sakura Breeze more than the Cherry Blossom, so once I got it, I quit questing the Cherry Blossom. I can't think of any other items this happened with to me.

Vicious Brawler

19,975 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
There haven't really been any items where I've wanted a slight variation more than the original. If I want the item, I'll want that item! lol

With your decision between Wendy and Storge, I can see slight differences. They're similar items but the expression isn't the same. Although to be honest, I think we overprice eye and mouth items a LOT - the SC:S is probably worth more to me than the SD Doll because you get more from it.

Single Divorcee

Phoenix Goliathane
There haven't really been any items where I've wanted a slight variation more than the original. If I want the item, I'll want that item! lol

With your decision between Wendy and Storge, I can see slight differences. They're similar items but the expression isn't the same. Although to be honest, I think we overprice eye and mouth items a LOT - the SC:S is probably worth more to me than the SD Doll because you get more from it.

Your logic is sound.

I'm trying to convince myself of it, but from how the internal dialog is going, it feels like no matter what I'm going to keep saving for Wendy. But now I have 4.7million.

Magic Hobo

meep12345
Kitty Gnar-Gnar
I am constantly pining for goldshop versions of basic s**t that comes out in RIGs. Constantly. Would putting some syringes in Jock Strap ******** kill you, Gaia?

But lucky me, most of the big expensive items I like are pretty unique, so knockoffs don't really happen, exactly. stare So I just have to resign myself to probably never having either the actual item OR a knockoff.
User Image

I'd also like to point out the serious F'n lack of Jock Straps on Gaia too cat_stressed

... We can put them on our heads but not use them for their intended purpose. This is Gaia, folks. XD

Dantrech's Princess

Demure Trash

oh I love when we get a cheeaper replace for some ultra expensive items... and main reason for me to buy the new ciel, is because they look like Wendy's eyes

usually when a cheaper version of an item is out, and I like it... I sell the expensive one to get profit and the other item, specially when we got EI/REI in bundles... sell the expensive ones and take the lower gen for me.. I don't really care about the gen, when the item is for keeps... good profit!! <3
once i like something I stay loyal emotion_donotwant
though if the item is ridiculously expensive (at least for my price range, which is pretty much everything) I try to find cheaper ones that have the same visual effect.
its 50/50 success, some just cant be replaced ;n;

EDIT:
as for your problem, maybe you could buy ciel, keep questing for wendy and eventually sell it to buy the doll c:

Golden Saint

9,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
I try to go for the cheaper items which isn't always easy with blue.

In a relationship with Redstar Galaxy

Wistful Fairy

42,740 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Gaia Merch Box Achievement 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Kitty Gnar-Gnar
meep12345
Kitty Gnar-Gnar

User Image

... We can put them on our heads but not use them for their intended purpose. This is Gaia, folks. XD

...That is an interesting point, given that we can only put "used" ones on our heads (tis' a sweaty jock strap)... Meaning, somewhere, out there, jock straps are being sold, and worn, only to later be provided to us Gaians as causal headwear (which I, and I alone...probably... had hoped DJ Helsing would end up wearing...) cat_rolleyes

Romantic Shapeshifter

9,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
I don't know if anyone has pointed this out yet, but the Inquisitive eyes in Salon Durem look just like the Wendy eyes and they're only 6k. You could also use Masquerade for the blush, which is about 800k.

Wendy doll ~ 9mil gold
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Masquerade + Inquisitive eyes ~800k
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Tipsy Lunatic

Lemme tell you - I don't frequent that 'cheaper alternatives' thread at all.
When there is an item I want I don't really care about what the price is except insofar that I don't HAVE the gold.
And generally I don't think the 'replacements' that that thread are as good. I like certain items for different reasons than the people posting I guess.

TBH I've been looking for a cheaper alternative for Oisin's Blessing for a while. Ever since I sold my first one anyway.
I still haven't found any eyes that I think give off the same look but are notably cheaper than they are.

I like the Storge eyes though. I've been pondering getting Storge but I dunno that I really want to.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff