Welcome to Gaia! ::

Salty Sweetheart

SaikoTaiko
rinlee
I'd love to see some attention towards LoK. I made a point of watching the first two episodes way early, and fell immediately in love. Loved AtLA, love Lok.

Also, MLP has a huge following, why don't us bronies have our own Hot Topic?

Could have sworn MLP had its own hot topic thread, or at least a thread in the Entertainment Discussion forum...But there doesn't seem to be one.

I wish there was one. We wouldn't have to spill over into the other topics. People seem to be all mad at MLP for some reason.

Manly Lunatic

I already seen the first two episodes when they were leaked... lol.

Manly Lunatic

marshmallowcreampie
Kain-Senpai
Since when was Avatar, The Last Airbender called The Last Air Bender: The Legend of Aang? o.O That's new to me.

I wouldn't mind a Hot Topic for Avatar, just it may have to be expanded to talk more than just Korra (since Korra has officially aired today).

It's called The Legend of Aang under release in other countries. Apparently "bender" is British slang for "gay".

I would've really liked a Legend of Korra subforum. I'm considering making a petition to bring a big, Adventure Time-sized sponsorship for Korra to Gaia, though I'm not sure how much power they have over that.

No no...

It's called "The Last Airbender: Legend of Aang" because "Avatar" is registered to that stupid blue furries movie.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Qyp

No no...

It's called "The Last Airbender: Legend of Aang" because "Avatar" is registered to that stupid blue furries movie.

No, it's not. In Europe, it is called "Avatar: The Legend of Aang" because of the whole bender thing, and the show was released years before Cameron's Avatar was a thing. The word "avatar" cannot be copyrighted. There was NEVER any legal dispute, Cameron and Nick made a mutual agreement because they didn't want audiences to get confused.

Manly Lunatic

marshmallowcreampie
Qyp

No no...

No, it's not. In Europe, it is called "Avatar: The Legend of Aang" because of the whole bender thing, and the show was released years before Cameron's Avatar was a thing. The word "avatar" cannot be copyrighted. There was NEVER any legal dispute, Cameron and Nick made a mutual agreement because they didn't want audiences to get confused.

So bender is slang for "gay", that is the reason? So in Futurama, is Bender called something else?

Honestly... that seems like a stupid reason to change the name.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Qyp

So bender is slang for "gay", that is the reason? So in Futurama, is Bender called something else?

Hey, it was their decision. I guess they thought the title would sound more serious if it didn't have a slang word for a gay guy in it.

Manly Lunatic

marshmallowcreampie
Qyp

Hey, it was their decision. I guess they thought the title would sound more serious if it didn't have a slang word for a gay guy in it.

Hm, I suppose.
Ms Spook
Sir Black Tea
I'm still not sure why people are obsessing over this show.

Hot topics are mostly irrelevant anyway, so I'm not sure why one would want one for anything really.

This.

As for how they choose...probably how often they see people talking about it. I've seen dozens and dozens of people talk about Pokèmon, Adventure Time, The Walking Dead when they were coming out.

But only an odd couple of people talking about LOK

Odd people?

Out of all the shows you listed, you think Avatar is the only one with odd people?

L.O.L emotion_awesome
Mermaid Eater
i would love a forum AND sponsor.
Bolin is so sexy omigawd

6,250 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Hug My WaTer MeAt
Ms Spook
Sir Black Tea

Hot topics are mostly irrelevant anyway, so I'm not sure why one would want one for anything really.

This.

As for how they choose...probably how often they see people talking about it. I've seen dozens and dozens of people talk about Pokèmon, Adventure Time, The Walking Dead when they were coming out.

Odd people?

Out of all the shows you listed, you think Avatar is the only one with odd people?

L.O.L emotion_awesome

Oh no, you misunderstand. Saying odd number or couple of people is another way to say few, little, or random.

As in only a couple of people. lol
Ms Spook
Hug My WaTer MeAt
Ms Spook
Sir Black Tea

This.

Odd people?

L.O.L emotion_awesome

Oh no, you misunderstand. Saying odd number or couple of people is another way to say few, little, or random.

I'm guessing you don't have Facebook do you?
Do you know why the leaked the first two episodes on purpose?
Hmmm, guess not. lol

6,250 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Hug My WaTer MeAt
Ms Spook
Hug My WaTer MeAt
Ms Spook
Sir Black Tea

This.

Odd people?

L.O.L emotion_awesome

Hmmm, guess not. lol

The amount of fans world wide dont correlate with the number of fans on Gaia.

And I do, but approximately 1% are talking about it. As well, I've seen about 3 people talk about it on Gaia.
Ms Spook
Hug My WaTer MeAt
Ms Spook
Hug My WaTer MeAt
Ms Spook
Sir Black Tea

This.

Odd people?

L.O.L emotion_awesome

Hmmm, guess not. lol

And I do, but approximately 1% are talking about it. As well, I've seen about 3 people talk about it on Gaia.

"As well, I've seen about 3 people talk about it on Gaia."

Cool story bro.

6,250 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Hug My WaTer MeAt
Ms Spook
Hug My WaTer MeAt
Ms Spook
Hug My WaTer MeAt

Odd people?

L.O.L emotion_awesome

Hmmm, guess not. lol

Cool story bro.

rolleyes lol

Someone's defensive over a children's show.
Ms Spook
Hug My WaTer MeAt
Ms Spook
Hug My WaTer MeAt
Ms Spook
Hug My WaTer MeAt

Odd people?

L.O.L emotion_awesome

Hmmm, guess not. lol

Cool story bro.

rolleyes lol

Someone's defensive over a children's show.

Pokemon and MLP fans will probably eat you alive if you said the same thing.
emotion_facepalm

Like I said before, cool story bro emotion_yatta

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas