Welcome to Gaia! ::

Leader

Menstrual Cramps

User Image

Honestly, I've had people tell me that I invest too much time in to the site and that it's all I do every day.. but in reality Gaia is a place where I can spend my extra time while at work. I'm really only here Monday - Friday 9 AM to 5 PM. lol
When you're all caught up and on the off-season (with that ugly Holiday season rearing its head) you take advantage of your quiet time.

The information I dig up takes up very little time, honestly.
It's typing it out so even the lazy can understand that takes the most time.

Other than that, I'm usually messing with my avatar or vending. I like watching my pixel gold count go up.
Occasionally I'll do those g-cash offer surveys.

I'm not angry, I'm disappointed. Not surprised, just disappointed. I wrote most of that OP for my thread from the view point of an eccentric news caster.

I spend like 10 hours per day if is free day for me and i honestly do nothing neutral

Tiny Shapeshifter

I'm not as invested into the Gaia site as I used to, so I guess I am one of those peeps who just lurks around the forums, observing people's actions, dissecting their posts, judge them from afar... ...and then forget who did what in the end, because it ain't worth my crappy memory brain space, haha. Hey now! It's a good thing that I tend to remember facts over the speculative stuff anyway! This way, you're more likely to be on the line of unbiased field (because it's important if you're searching for the truth if you doubt things first, and etc), and you're less likely to make a fool out of yourself. Now, I just need some skill to bring up the dead (relevant posts from years back, especially in active forums). rofl

Sahdomi's Princess

Fistpumping Pumpkin

31,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hairspray Heaven 500
  • Conventioneer 300
Hrisk
Menstrual Cramps

User Image

Honestly, I've had people tell me that I invest too much time in to the site and that it's all I do every day.. but in reality Gaia is a place where I can spend my extra time while at work. I'm really only here Monday - Friday 9 AM to 5 PM. lol
When you're all caught up and on the off-season (with that ugly Holiday season rearing its head) you take advantage of your quiet time.

Other than that, I'm usually messing with my avatar or vending. I like watching my pixel gold count go up.

I'm not angry, I'm disappointed. Not surprised, just disappointed. I wrote most of that OP for my thread from the view point of an eccentric news caster.

I spend like 10 hours per day if is free day for me and i honestly do nothing neutral

User Image

I like to lurk and read. I think if I'm not doing the first two things, that's probably what I'm doing.
I also spend WAY more time on skype than I do actually doing a thing on Gaia.

It just cracks me up when people are like "OMG U HAVE TOO MUCH TIME WTF" and I'm like.. not really?

Dapper Gatekeeper

10,600 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Menstrual Cramps

User Image

I'm mostly on here during my work hours too. I get on a little bit at home, but real life gets in the way of that most of the time. I do little odds and ends things like that too but those don't take up very much time. It's how I start my Gaia day but after that I'm at a loss for what to do a lot of the time. I thank you for spelling your findings out for lazy people. Because I'll be honest and tell you that I AM lazy sometimes and I don't want to read through a bunch of mumbo jumbo. I need cut and dry facts. lol

Interesting Phantom

I'm just like "well this sucks so I'm not going to do anything."

Wheezing Member

I'm doing the same!

I'm expecting for things to get much, much worse by the end of this year.
Might start seeing changes next year, but I'm not really holding out any hope.

Rage threads are whatever.
I mean it's really the only material Gaia has given us to talk about in the Gaia communinty discussion forum.
Over reacting people are not whatever.
I mean.. it's the internet so people are easy enough to ignore/get rid of. But it really changes the tone of the thread, the forum, it might have affected the general tone of Gaia as well.
I'm acknowledging that things are shitty. I like pointing out what I think is wrong with this site.
I will even try to make a protest thread here and there or try to brainstorm ideas to get out of this Gaia rut.

But will I ever capslock at someone who disagrees? No.
Will I ever send shaved toy horses to Gaia Interactive HQ? No.
Do I think it is the end of Gaia Online? No.
Is the world ending because there was a typo in this announcement header? No.

(SF can be scary)

Relentless Glitch

Oh man. I wish was indifferent enough about the whole thing to create a whole thread about this issue. sweatdrop

Demonic Abomination

40,775 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: Level 10 250

s**t hit the fan a long time ago, were just wading through the splatters.

Dapper Gatekeeper

10,600 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Torse
I'm doing the same!

I'm expecting for things to get much, much worse by the end of this year.
Might start seeing changes next year, but I'm not really holding out any hope.

Rage threads are whatever.
I mean it's really the only material Gaia has given us to talk about in the Gaia communinty discussion forum.
Over reacting people are not whatever.
I mean.. it's the internet so people are easy enough to ignore/get rid of. But it really changes the tone of the thread, the forum, it might have affected the general tone of Gaia as well.
I'm acknowledging that things are shitty. I like pointing out what I think is wrong with this site.
I will even try to make a protest thread here and there or try to brainstorm ideas to get out of this Gaia rut.

But will I ever capslock at someone who disagrees? No.
Will I ever send shaved toy horses to Gaia Interactive HQ? No.
Do I think it is the end of Gaia Online? No.
Is the world ending because there was a typo in this announcement header? No.

(SF can be scary)

What makes you think things might get better next year? I'm curious to see what they do for the holidays. I'm kind of hoping it will be something at least halfway decent.

A typo??? O_o

Wheezing Member

Badwolf4077
What makes you think things might get better next year? I'm curious to see what they do for the holidays. I'm kind of hoping it will be something at least halfway decent.

A typo??? O_o

Well. I'm assuming Gaia's losin a bit of money right now.
Holidays always hit the wallets real hard.
If something is going to change on Gaia.. it's going to be because of empty wallets.
It's just a guess.

I'm.. expecting something at least half as good as the Spirit of Summer event. But like the return of the gold generators and spam announcements.. I don't know if that was a permanent upgrade from the "beach party" type events.
:s

SF gets upset over typos a lot. :b
Not all of them over react.. but a few do.
imo I think that sort of thing gives SF a bad rep.

Attila The Chad's Widower

Bad Boy

You're not the only one. I don't really pay attention to it either. surprised things will happen, just gotta wait and watch and react to it accordingly.

Dapper Gatekeeper

10,600 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Torse
Badwolf4077

A typo??? O_o

Well. I'm assuming Gaia's losin a bit of money right now.
Holidays always hit the wallets real hard.
If something is going to change on Gaia.. it's going to be because of empty wallets.
It's just a guess.

I'm.. expecting something at least half as good as the Spirit of Summer event. But like the return of the gold generators and spam announcements.. I don't know if that was a permanent upgrade from the "beach party" type events.
:s

SF gets upset over typos a lot. :b
Not all of them over react.. but a few do.
imo I think that sort of thing gives SF a bad rep.

aaaah, that makes sense. Pretty good guess. Hopefully it turns out that way, but yes, it's going to get worse before it gets better.

I wasn't on here too much for the Spirit of Summer event. It was a busy summer in the real world for me. Typos don't bother me too much it's blatant shortening of words that bug me. lol

Wheezing Member

Badwolf4077
aaaah, that makes sense. Pretty good guess. Hopefully it turns out that way, but yes, it's going to get worse before it gets better.

I wasn't on here too much for the Spirit of Summer event. It was a busy summer in the real world for me. Typos don't bother me too much it's blatant shortening of words that bug me. lol

Yup.
Unfortunately I don't know anything about how long anyone is obligated to work at Gaia etc etc.
So maybe my predictions will be completely wrong.
But it was a decent 'out of my a**' guess I think xb

The Spirit of Summer event had a lot of themed items, even freebies daily, an official art contest, a simple attack or heal forum battle system (two sides to pick between), mini games (cost a lot of gold and were all gambling but they had several so meh), and was overall fairly festive and had a bit of community cheer.
It was infinitely better than the "open a new forum, change background color, make a sticky that says 'have fun'"
Not sure if they can/will keep that up though.
And it required a kickstarter to unlock. :/

Dapper Gatekeeper

10,600 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Torse
Badwolf4077

Yup.
Unfortunately I don't know anything about how long anyone is obligated to work at Gaia etc etc.
So maybe my predictions will be completely wrong.
But it was a decent 'out of my a**' guess I think xb

The Spirit of Summer event had a lot of themed items, even freebies daily, an official art contest, a simple attack or heal forum battle system (two sides to pick between), mini games (cost a lot of gold and were all gambling but they had several so meh), and was overall fairly festive and had a bit of community cheer.
It was infinitely better than the "open a new forum, change background color, make a sticky that says 'have fun'"
Not sure if they can/will keep that up though.
And it required a kickstarter to unlock. :/

Maybe I need to look in to it more but I don't understand the point of the kickstarters. Does the money they're raising get handed out to all of the 'newbs?'

I want an event that spans the entire website, like something you have to go searching through the tabs for and that sort of thing. I like those types of events. =D

Wheezing Member

Badwolf4077
Maybe I need to look in to it more but I don't understand the point of the kickstarters. Does the money they're raising get handed out to all of the 'newbs?'

I want an event that spans the entire website, like something you have to go searching through the tabs for and that sort of thing. I like those types of events. =D

TL;DR
they're supposed to be gold sinks.
they encourage high gold dumping via achievements, exclusive items, new events, etc

There's currently a huge scandal goin around that may involve the kickstarter gold being dumped back into the economy (either that or artificially generated, or small chance that it's legit gold)
anyway. that's the short version.

I dislike kickstarters since they basically just promote gold gens.
how are people expected to donate 1 trillion gold to get those wings or whatever?
rolleyes

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces