Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yes everyone, the title is my life. For I am the sadistic b*****d who dares to venture into the "wonderful" world of n00b journalism. A n00b journal, to the untrained eye, can seem like a Pandora's box of unwanted nastiness. But, with the right state of mind, a journal entry by a n00b can be an exciting and new expirence.
Tell me, what is more fun than reading about a n00b who has found the "love of her life" after only being two days on the site? What's more fun than reading that, followed by a later entry which states the couple-in-question have split up? Hey, it's better than Big Brother!

Do you read n00b journals for the purpose of laughing at them?

Do you read n00b journals for the purpose of seeing how corrupt these people are?

Do you read n00b journals?

What would you class as a "n00b journal"?

Am I terribly sad?
I don't tend to read journals, myself... Especially not Noob Journals. Trust me, you know them then you see them. Black text on purple. No spelling. "Donate" in huge letters for their impossible quests... Or worse, donate in huge letters for their <1000g Quests. Complaining about teachers or attempts to draw sympathy from the masses... And with noobs, we all know they think Sympathy = Gold. I just don't have time for the blindness that follows.
Yeah, i'd say if you read other people's journal entries for shits and giggles under the impression that you're better than them somehow, perhaps because you can spell better or you have nicer items, then yeah, you're terribly sad. gonk
Yeah, its sad
Captain Drunken
I don't tend to read journals, myself... Especially not Noob Journals. Trust me, you know them then you see them. Black text on purple. No spelling. "Donate" in huge letters for their impossible quests... Or worse, donate in huge letters for their <1000g Quests. Complaining about teachers or attempts to draw sympathy from the masses... And with noobs, we all know they think Sympathy = Gold. I just don't have time for the blindness that follows.

It makes me chuckle. And I occansionally get the urge to leave a unique comment on the matter, also.

@D.Darko: Hey, hey. Some people may choose pr0n, but I go with n00b journals anyday to pass the time, d00d. I don't go around looking in everyone's journal just to see if there's something I can point and laugh at. I usually just stick to the people who say their journal is excellent in their signature.

Whoa, I feel like Anuled...
I don't read N00b's entrys, however I LOVE to read N00b's fanfics. It's ike the sunshine in my life!
Yuki_Usagi
I don't read N00b's entrys, however I LOVE to read N00b's fanfics. It's ike the sunshine in my life!

Can't stand 'em. They just horrify me no end. N00b journals may be the sunshine (cough) in my life, but fanfics? They make me physically sick.
Yuki_Usagi

I dunno... the Harry Potter MST website is the only way I can stand my bad fanfics... when the characters IN the bad fanfic get to comment on the atrocious use of themselves.

Hehe.

The journals make me cringe. I want to smack people like that with a baseball bat... ANYTHING to get them to open their eyes and not be morons. *sigh*
Autograph
Captain Drunken

It makes me chuckle. And I occansionally get the urge to leave a unique comment on the matter, also.

@D.Darko: Hey, hey. Some people may choose pr0n, but I go with n00b journals anyday to pass the time, d00d. I don't go around looking in everyone's journal just to see if there's something I can point and laugh at. I usually just stick to the people who say their journal is excellent in their signature.

Who? o_o
Really though, what makes a n00b? Bad spelling? Begging? Liking Inuyasha? Perhaps. But they're real people. Probably dumb people, but people all the same. If they say they've found n00b love with someone on gaia a day after they joined, then lose it the next day, sure its stupid, but they have feelings too y'know. They're probably gonna be distraught 'till their next pink link. xp
Really though, there's a world outside Gaia, and most n00bs have only sinned by not being as houseproud as us people who come back here again and again. Think of them as messy buddies rather than an infestation. xp Open up to a n00b or two, and you'll be pleasantly suprised. 3nodding
Do you read n00b journals for the purpose of laughing at them?
No.

Do you read n00b journals for the purpose of seeing how corrupt these people are?
Not even close.

Do you read n00b journals?
Yes. I read them when I think about how everyone in the world is so smart and intelligent. They're pills to cure my insanity.

What would you class as a "n00b journal"?
A pill to cure my insanity. <D

Am I terribly sad?
Define 'sad'. :/
Inuyasha fanfics are the best.

"AND THEn Inu sudenli maid out wif me!!!1"

And that's basically the story.

I hate reading a journal title and then clicking on it, to get the horrifying oppisite of what I thought it would be..
Do you read n00b journals for the purpose of laughing at them? Sometimes... only if I'm really bored though.

Do you read n00b journals for the purpose of seeing how corrupt these people are? Corrupt? I would say 'pointless' is a better word.

Do you read n00b journals? On occasions. I prefer to just stick to my own. ^^

What would you class as a "n00b journal"? Anything that has english style writing but takes more than 1 second to comprehend through the net speak.

Am I terribly sad? Nah... it's all good. whee
Oh god, I love this thread xd heart
D.Darko
Autograph
Captain Drunken

Who? o_o
Really though, what makes a n00b? Bad spelling? Begging? Liking Inuyasha? Perhaps. But they're real people. Probably dumb people, but people all the same. If they say they've found n00b love with someone on gaia a day after they joined, then lose it the next day, sure its stupid, but they have feelings too y'know. They're probably gonna be distraught 'till their next pink link. xp
Really though, there's a world outside Gaia, and most n00bs have only sinned by not being as houseproud as us people who come back here again and again. Think of them as messy buddies rather than an infestation. xp Open up to a n00b or two, and you'll be pleasantly suprised. 3nodding

You are quite right there, actually. Usually, the journal doesn't reflect the person. Especially with er... the tradional n00b (kekeke) ones. I've known a lot of crappy journals (which I suppose I might be guilty of at one point or enough) before, but the people behind them are quite alright. Unluckily, this doesn't really happen that much, as I generally don't meet the person behind the post.
Yeah... N00b journals... funny. Hmm... That's really a nice thing to say. but if you say so... sad

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff