Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greed kills?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on March 4, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

maybe the person has played for a really long time or maybe he gets enough plubicity/friends to afford selling at that price. he also could be playing the market, buy low sell high. ppl do that in real life.

Its not nice to be jealous of others. just buy one of the 5k ones and let the dude play however he wants in my opinion
Well. We all have the right to be greedy...but, of course, it's not such a lovely action.
Abundance is something most people want...and it's not easy to convince them not to want what they want...

Oh. Gaia = Real Life. Almost.
I guess I am considered one of the greedy ones...blah. Last month I donated $40.00 of my VERY HARD EARNED MONEY! I kept several of the kitty's for my house, but then I gave about 8000g away. Just because you were not the one who recieved that gold doesn't make me greedy. I probably gave about 40% of my gold away HOW THE HELL DOES THAT MAKE ME GREEDY. I guess some people expect you to get up off you lazy but and get a job so that they can reap all the rewards for your hard labor. I worked my but off for that $40.00 I can spend it anyway I want. I CHOOSE TO ONLY GIVE 40% AWAY NOT 90% so to bad for you!
it a job you hobo. j/p. but yes greed is bad sad , but not on gaia you can get money easily here
you only need money to get by, frankly im planning on spending it all on education, keep going back to school and getting another degree in something so that when im finished i can be whatever i want and not have to wait around, money is just a holding place for stuff, it has no real value it just says that you did something, and now you have money for it, so this money buys stuff, there is no point in having more than you need (except keeping a stockpile for when a sudden something happens and you need money, sort of like a cushion)
its funny how many ppl must not even read the first post. They must just read the title and hit reply cuz this post isnt about real life money but 95% of the posts ive seen in reply to this post have been about real life lol

People are so lazy it amazes me
*Smiles wryly*

Yes, I do think that Gaia people think a little too much about gold. It's basically all I've heard about since I came here. Gold, gold, gold...

All I want is one decent outfit. ^_^;;

~Avi
I quest for the perfect avatar, but- Every gaian wants to have rolls of gold so they can be free financial wise, in a shop, what that kimono looks great on me, buy. Hey my friend really wants that, buy. I donate loads so i never really get anywhere on quests, but i try and dont just go, oh well, I wont get it ill go buy something else...
So what if someone has a bunch of expensive s**t all over their avatars. They earned it and might as well wear it. If I managed to save up my gold for several items that were expensive, I wouldn't sell them either. I can understand if a person has like...five nitemare scarves. I don't know what you would want to do with five but if I had that much, I would be selling four of them for what they are worth.

Oh and just because a gaian is covered from head to toe in expensive stuff doesn't mean that they have a ton of gold at that moment. If someone wants to sell their sealed letters for 6k then let them. It'll probably be hard to sell them at first. Just find something cheaper. Something eventually pops up.
xenokitten
its funny how many ppl must not even read the first post. They must just read the title and hit reply cuz this post isnt about real life money but 95% of the posts ive seen in reply to this post have been about real life lol

People are so lazy it amazes me

maybe some of us just see it as a character issue which applies both to gaia and to real life?

that is how i look at it, myself.

i'll bet the players who act like greedy pigs here would be just the same if you met them face to face.

i am thinking of someone on another site who always brags about her latest stylish clothing purchases for example.
Some people are greedy on here, but that's just their personalities in general I suppose, I find alot of the people with alot of items do charge more, maybe they are just ambicious. (Cesear xd ) Buy some envelopes and sell them, hopefully not for 6k a pop, but 4-5k i not asking to much. Many other people have different means of making ALOT more money, on this site, artists in general. But it shouldn't be about the gold. For me it's the other artists, contests, and jobs. 3nodding
hindo
in this day and age it is imposeble to live without money
lol.. it's ALWAYS been like that! blaugh
Although Its not as tough today, as it used to be. 3nodding
well, generally, ppl are like that. If they have some, they want more. In my opinion, the richer u get, the more you want, and the more conservative you become...
There is more to life than having everything.
crying Definitly crying they become monsters like this thing domokun

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces