Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Gekko

18,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Short topic for the weekend! i haven't seen any light discussion about contests, so why not

So Gaia has taken upon itself to make an actual contest that offers prizes and such. The info was in the announcement, but the link in it is broken, here's a better link

So anyway GCD, my point is about contest on gaia in general, whether it's staff or user-run.

Spoons in case my explanation sucks:
gaia_spoons Do you like contests Gaia does?
gaia_spoons Do you prefer art, avatar or idea spitting (gaia asks a question and the best answer receives a prize) contest?
gaia_spoons Will you partake in Punked-Out? (If so, who will you be drawing?)
gaia_spoons Do you prefer user-run or Gaia-run contests?
gaia_spoons Do you like making contest or entering?

Tipsy Genius

I don't like art contests all that much as a participant because I have -500 drawing skills, but I really want to give this one a try. I'm not sure the NPC I have in mind is allowed (it's a RIG NPC, not a shopkeeper) but I'd just be doing it for fun anyway, prizes or not. I like idea pitches the best, I think. I'm all concept and bad execution, haha.

But I'm really happy to see contests! I love looking at what other people do.

Magical Girl

Contests are fun but I always find myself either too busy to actually participate.
It's hard to even partake in events like I used to. However
This new Punked Contest... yes, yes this does sound interesting.
Art is the only thing I'm good at so I'll be putting my shitty attempt in to try and win something.
I like how Gaia tries to do something with the community in some little itty bitty way.

Now. Why not go and do something a little crazy for a contest? Like get towns into it or whatnot. Find a certain user like a hide-and-seek sort of way, or collect the most red butterflies. Hidden area on the site... first person to find it... (Though that requires coding and whatnot so probably not doable) I am really pushing hide-and-seek here but you get my drift. Something that doesn't require a huge amount of skill.

C 's Fav

Smol Kitten

35,550 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Love Machine 150
I enjoy contests and art ones too, but sometimes I feel overwhelmed by other people that enter and get a sort of stagefright to the point where its like "why bother entering so and so's entry is way better than what I can do"

Tiny Chibis's Partner In Crime

God Eater

They are cool I suppose, but I never enter because every contest I've decided to have the balls to enter I never even place so you can see how that is a hammer to the nuts.

So yeah. I really want someone to do a Louie entry.

User Image

Madam Ace's Compadre

Shady Man-Lover

there was a certain point of my life when i'd literally pick up my tablet pen the second i hear there's a conest.

now i'm old and artblocking and hating on everything emo sure wish i'd get to participate, but there's no time at all, honestly. too much assignments

it reminds me of a contest on TM, where your art is determined by votes from the public. needless to say, people in a giant friend circle won lol ever since then i've had a problem with contests.

Cyberpumpkin's Princess

Wistful Elder

66,725 Points
  • Potion Master 50
  • Miasmal Investigator 100
  • Bonfire Starter 500
I do not have drawing talent, so this will not be a contest I enter, but I'm eager to see others' entries.

I am frankly a bit surprised that all of the Durem NPCs are proscribed. Moira and her band are already pretty punk, but I don't see Josie or Edmund that way at all and would have liked to see users' ideas in that direction. Oh well.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

I say I do art contests but then I get too busy to actually participate in them rofl

I did submit stuff for CrosStitch; a swank snake jacket and a beard necklace once upon a time.

Dragon Storyteller

52,425 Points
  • Heart of a Dragon 500
  • Embrace of Destiny 500
  • Empyrean Scribe 0
I want to do the E-GOSH crew but there's no way with that time line....I wouldn't win I wouldn't have enough time.

High-functioning Unicorn

lol, I like making contest thread,, but hate to maintain it. Especially on a long run multiround contest.....forever editing the first page emotion_awesome

I'm fine with all these contest if it's done properly, where the entries are judged on certain criteria. It's a different story with the kind of contest where the winner is randomly picked and everything is based on luck.

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

I'm really happy they're doing more contests! Even though I personally suck at art, I still like to see other people's designs and ideas. :3

Bunny

42,575 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Ian's Valentine 100
I have no artistic talent, but I'll enjoy seeing what other people come up with!

Enduring Spirit

Just as Sterek has stated, I'm also "all concept and no execution". I mean, the images look so wonderful in my head, but I could never create such a thing.
i like these cuz i actually have a chance of winning something lol
however, im a little confused on what NPCs i'm allowed to use. i like princess bellatrix but i dont know if she's "npc enough" to use in the contest
I might enter the contest if I can make something up that fast! emotion_jawdrop
I'm not a big fan of punk but it's kind of like rock though right? redface

Anyway, with the new CI New Attitude I can't help but think of "Attitude City" by NSP.
(Warning: This video does have a bit of curse words in it)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff