Welcome to Gaia! ::

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

Stanford Condition
Pie
I love the new shoes, but... they're so tiny. I look like I'm gonna fall over whenever I put them on! gonk

I've got big dopey feet. Gimmie the size 12s!
Gotta love them on guys. Your fist is as big as your feet, cos that, like… makes sense… right?

I'd love some more shoes to give life to old pants, but for the love of pete, don't make it look like everyone's forgotten leg day, especially the lads! The base was not supposed to look that way!

Even on ladies, they're a little too petite for my tastes. I know that's the style nowadays, but I liked our more chibi-fied dimensions!

I've been dying for more shoes, but... come on. Just add a few more pixels, artists, and give us some ground support here! crying

Divine Muse

This was hugely overdue.

I hope we get more.

Invisible Gekko

18,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Cresceres

That's the problem too, we don't have enough bottom-wear to be paired up with these nice shoes. I'm so surprised that the artists haven't released like bajillion stockings, there's literally so much you can put on them. But I guess they like the throw the best stockings on the pee-pee leg mods. lol

Demonic Lover

I don't know who started the whole "pee pee legs" term thing but I'd like to burn the person on the stake uo u; if you all stand like that when you need to pee then you are just a bunch of weirdos. It's a pose like any other and I don't really get the hate it gets, I don't really like it/care for it but the amount of people I see pointing at it is like 100% more annoying than the poses themselves XD;

With that out of the way my shoes tab is ridiculously small, I have 3 rows lol when I have 5 pages of items and a pretty long selection of hats/tops/bottoms.

I hate the default feet and it's size though, leg mods 100% of the time for me please <3

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

Cresceres
You may want to invest in several pairs of Clown Shoes. That is the only way to hide your large, disgusting feet from the world.

But it's true though, when we DO get shoes, they tend to make our feet much smaller. I think the new leg slicing method helps with that a tad bit. We didn't have anything as fancy and complicated as that back then. I think if we did, we wouldn't have so many problems with the elf bases.

Hmmmm. But do they come in heels? emotion_eyebrow

I kinda wince whenever I see the legs get sliced down. The thighs are still at a normal dimension, so it looks tapered and off-balance to me. sweatdrop

Perfect Saint

Quote:
Inspired by the greatest item release in 2015 so far: Obsidian Shoe Collection.
emotion_kirakira

Now to wait for the crimsons, the whites, the... emotion_drool

stukky's Fangirl

Fairy Type

60,050 Points
  • Cute Monster 500
  • Manchurian Candidate 500
  • Budding Witch 250
I love shoe mods like the new obsidian one and the garage band series and I'd love to see more, the only issue is the lack of nice stockings/leggings/pants and skirts to wear with them.

`Russell Ace's Fangirl

Russell Superfan

57,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Russell Ace: Super Handsome Cards Dealer 500
I am the embodiment of fear and evil

Shoes make Shrimpie happy! emotion_kirakira I love that all of the shoes in the Obsidian Shoe Collection slim the legs, it's precisely the reason why I love the Lapin items so much. Now I can wear the Lapin in other poses. emotion_awesome Especially since I'm pretty sure the first pose of the Collection is the Lapin shoes. xD

I hope they add more shoes to make another collection since there are so many awesome shoes put in leg mods that would be awesome to have as just shoes.

Hell, the next thing I want them to do is make the stockings from certain leg mods into actual items because some of the stockings are amazing but I'd like to be able to wear them with different shoes.

of the House of Demonic Dreams

Magical Bunny

Makys
Magus

The 2003 base will forever be out of date and leg mods are the only way to bring new life to them.

I agree with this point so much. I think that's the biggest problem with shoes. There's only so much an artist can do before they lose excitement and creativity when working with the same base countless of times.

Personally, I don't notice shoes that much. I really don't mind the selection we have now. What I think would be cool is if they were able to make new shoes to compliment leg mods. I love leg mods, but it gets difficult when you have to choose from predetermined styles - no choice in the style of stockings or shoes that come with it. Although they do offer a lot of colour options, it's not always as satisfying as choosing it yourself, or it's hard to match w/ your avi. I feel like that would be difficult to do, so no complaining here, but it would be pretty darn cool.

I don't know about losing excitement or creativity. There are a LOT of different shoes out there. But what you said reminds me of what Juno said a long time ago, that there are only so many different ways to draw a pair of pants. I think that is what led to more leg mods in the first place. Since there was a drastic change in stance, shoes became less prevalent.

Your idea though sounds a lot like the whole Wild Things armor. I don't know why we don't do that more often. I mean, it's true the armor bits stick out, but that leads to some pretty cool avatar effects.

Magical Bunny

SuccuViv
I don't know who started the whole "pee pee legs" term thing but I'd like to burn the person on the stake uo u; if you all stand like that when you need to pee then you are just a bunch of weirdos. It's a pose like any other and I don't really get the hate it gets, I don't really like it/care for it but the amount of people I see pointing at it is like 100% more annoying than the poses themselves XD;

With that out of the way my shoes tab is ridiculously small, I have 3 rows lol when I have 5 pages of items and a pretty long selection of hats/tops/bottoms.

I hate the default feet and it's size though, leg mods 100% of the time for me please <3

I think it's an exaggeration of what little boys do when they really, really need to go to the bathroom. Standing that way somehow holds it in? Don't ask me. But the stance is very similar to that. Or, like, in anime where a guy gets his balls kicked.

Sparkling Transmutator

As a user of the male base that 99% of the time dresses as a lady, I need leg mods to hide my huge bulky man legs. Same goes for arm mods. I need them. Shoes are fine and dandy, but they are pretty useless to me. However, shoes that also crop the legs are a A+++ in my book. They help me cut off my leg's man meat and then I'm ready for a night on the town in Towns. Love me some leg mods and shoe mods. Loooooooooove.

Magical Bunny

sometimesalways
Shoes are important. I have a decent collection of shoes for my normal avi. Almost fills the whole box. I rarely use leg mods. My favorite ones are the Ska sneakers. They go with all Sal's outfits. I'd love a recolor of them. Like a nice proper black.

I don't think the artists hate shoes. I think they have a limited number of poses so to make things easier they do the pant/leggings/shoe thing and then add another wig or dress.

Hmmm...If I could create any type of shoe. I'd like a pair of Dr Marten boots that don't give Sal skinny stick legs, thank you.

Sot of like Nekola, yeah? Because Nekola has a pair of extremely iconic leggings, but they are part of a leg mod to afford the item more poses like its tops. Which is a shame! I'd love to get cat or rabbit stockings without the leg mods. There are some really cool shoes that I think are often forgotten about like the Ska sneakers.

Part of me thinks that separation of pants and shoes again would allow more gender neutral items, though. Because then nobody is having to dictate a specific, stereotypical silhouette.

EitaLiraz
~A ripple on the water...

Ehh I'd wear less leg mods if more shoes were more feet modifying like Fabulous Pumps from the gold shops or the shoe pose in the Dutchess...Dress and Heels items.
However, I hate leg mod that look like the ones from Princes of InsertWhateverHere or others that make avatars look like their legs or ankles are broken. talk2hand
I'd say the closest things we've gotten to decent looking shoes in the while have been the Garage Band items and even then they're dangerously close to being leg mods than feet mods since they modify whatever pants to pair them with. I don't mind that too much, but some pants end up looking hella ugly...
If more good looking shoes would mean more good looking pants then emotion_dowant
...A tinkling on the wind~

My favorite shoes ever are Audrey's Heels. They are slimming, but not TOO slimming. I would LOVE for us to get short boots similar to the ones present in Obsidian like that one day.

Braev Dullahan
Cresceres

That's the problem too, we don't have enough bottom-wear to be paired up with these nice shoes. I'm so surprised that the artists haven't released like bajillion stockings, there's literally so much you can put on them. But I guess they like the throw the best stockings on the pee-pee leg mods. lol

Which is pretty disappointing! I remember when stockings+leggings+pimp shoes were all the rage. Let's go back to that.

Pie
Cresceres
You may want to invest in several pairs of Clown Shoes. That is the only way to hide your large, disgusting feet from the world.

But it's true though, when we DO get shoes, they tend to make our feet much smaller. I think the new leg slicing method helps with that a tad bit. We didn't have anything as fancy and complicated as that back then. I think if we did, we wouldn't have so many problems with the elf bases.

Hmmmm. But do they come in heels? emotion_eyebrow

I kinda wince whenever I see the legs get sliced down. The thighs are still at a normal dimension, so it looks tapered and off-balance to me. sweatdrop

That's a really good point. You'd have to adjust with hip mods and everything else...

In a relationship with A Fictional Character

Magical Librarian

the shoe tab is so neglected because gaia puts things in all categories except shoes, usually xd but there are a lot of shoes out there, just in with other items that go in diff categories.

*wishes that in the dressing room items would all be 'open' (aka, split out into all the different categories so dun have to remember what the one pose it's listed under is)*

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

Cresceres
That's a really good point. You'd have to adjust with hip mods and everything else...

Or we could just learn to love our big feet! gonk

Seriously, though, I'm like a women's 10 1/2 wide IRL. So when I see people using teeny-feet shoes and legmods, and I'm still sticking with old shoes... it's basically art imitating life, I guess!

Hardened Humorist

NO way Man! Marionette limbs are my jam.

Those shoes make my legs look like they've undergone some horrible cosmetic surgery. Why U do This?!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff