Welcome to Gaia! ::

Precious Sweetheart

9,100 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Generous 100
User Image
User Image
emotion_bigheart So, I now have this fourteen year old girl who stalks a friend of mine and myself. She steals graphics from our pages, any images we use (even commissions that we pay for or things we make ourselves), and copies our avatars. When we give her a warning and ask her to stop or to please remove the images, she blocks us, puts up a notice on the profile claiming that she is quitting and was bullied off of Gaia, and then makes a whole new account and repeats the cycle. She has about 30 or so accounts that she does this on and I've reported her about three times so far. She pretended to be an army wife in order to be added by my friend and today, she made a whole new mule and tried to add me. Yesterday, I had to report her for trying to buy my username off of me.

I never had a problem with this girl until she started doing this. Hell, I even gifted things to her before I found out that she was a psychopath.

Have you ever had a Gaia stalker?

How long did it last and how did you handle the situation?
@-@ That sounds so serious. I would report it to a mod and see if you can get the person IP banned.

I have friends who have had stalkers and it is just awful.

Vector Theta's Husbando

Mega Man-Lover

Wow uh, I haven't had a stalker quite as bad as you but I used to have someone following me around who was convinced Seto Kaiba (I have a Seto Kaiba mule) was her real father and he would go to her school graduation. I played along for a bit before telling her he was a fictional character and not her "sexy daddy" but it didn't work.

Cluttered Browser

26,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Psssssh, please.
I AM the Gaia stalker. lol

Precious Sweetheart

9,100 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Generous 100
Getso
@-@ That sounds so serious. I would report it to a mod and see if you can get the person IP banned.

I have friends who have had stalkers and it is just awful.

I was told that Gaia doesn't IP ban unless it's serious and I don't know how serious this would qualify as. I know that people who have exhibited similar behavior were chain banned and I tried to warn her that the staff wouldn't take this lightly, but she seems to not care. Mods can check her IP and see that she's logging in to every account.

Mewling Loverboy

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i had this chick i met in towns and she thought i was
cool... so she pretended a bunch of stuff to make me
think she was an interesting person. she ended up
stealing my graphics from a roleplay i made myself,
trying to get me to donate to her, stealing my profiles,
trying to copy my avatars, and i finally unfriended her.
she tried to add me back not only on that account, but
she claimed to be hacked and that i was the only one
she remembered on her friend's list. o n o

that first one was bad, but not as bad as my second one.

so, my second one was actually one of my best friends on
gaia who turned creepy, obsessive stalker. so, she and
i met through roleplays. she vicariously fell in love with
me through my character, so she would stalk my other
role plays to make sure i never used that character. she
also got into a heated argument with my boyfriend when
i was offline. she then began to stake out each and every
single role play ooc i was involved in and posted with me
so i wouldn't be able to talk to anyone else. i moved for
a few months to a new account. and she found me again.
it was only then did i find out that she was in love with me
and had learned my writing style so much, as soon as
she saw the title of the search thread i had made on that
account, she knew it was me. she told me this.

so yes, two so far. i hope i get no more. > _ <

i don't think i'd mind a male stalker... > x >U

Precious Sweetheart

9,100 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Generous 100
Paranoid Doll

i had this chick i met in towns and she thought i was
cool... so she pretended a bunch of stuff to make me
think she was an interesting person. she ended up
stealing my graphics from a roleplay i made myself,
trying to get me to donate to her, stealing my profiles,
trying to copy my avatars, and i finally unfriended her.
she tried to add me back not only on that account, but
she claimed to be hacked and that i was the only one
she remembered on her friend's list. o n o

that first one was bad, but not as bad as my second one.

so, my second one was actually one of my best friends on
gaia who turned creepy, obsessive stalker. so, she and
i met through roleplays. she vicariously fell in love with
me through my character, so she would stalk my other
role plays to make sure i never used that character. she
also got into a heated argument with my boyfriend when
i was offline. she then began to stake out each and every
single role play ooc i was involved in and posted with me
so i wouldn't be able to talk to anyone else. i moved for
a few months to a new account. and she found me again.
it was only then did i find out that she was in love with me
and had learned my writing style so much, as soon as
she saw the title of the search thread i had made on that
account, she knew it was me. she told me this.

so yes, two so far. i hope i get no more. > _ <

i don't think i'd mind a male stalker... > x >U

Bitches be cray.

Rapire's Queen

Demonic Cutie-Pie

X

User Image

Wow she sounds nuts. xP
            Hopefully she will get bored especially if you try to ignore her she might just get bored and stop.

I've had one, and this one has not once never stopped bothering me. Though now I haven't heard from them in a long time. We met on fishing a long time ago, became friends and everything was fine.
            But one day he got jealous of who I was talking to and acted like we were a couple. Naturally I got fed up with him and blocked him. But that didn't stop there he made account after account to try and be friends again, he told other people to message me, he even made an account with a name similar to mine and made that avi look like mine, which he then put it on his profile and said they were going out. O.o

Eventually though the messages stopped and I didn't hear from him in years, but I did get a PM from him last year actually, kinda weird how long and far people will go over things like this.

User Image

Mewling Loverboy

Princess Mi Amore Cadenza

Bitches be cray.

indeed. u _ u
i believe the worse part is that mademoiselle
number two already knew i was gay and male.
annnnd yet she kept insisting we try it. i could
just pretend she was male. . _ . because it was
the internet. i was... a bit weirded out. > x <

Loverboy

Wow, that is some serious stalker you have. o _ o I really don't understand why someone would go through such heights to copy someone else.

Personally, I've never had any stalkers, but I did have friend who was a victim of a stalker. My friend was stalked by a girl who wanted to get into an online relationship with him. They would follow him into Towns and what-not. It was annoying at best, I guess. Not serious enough to warrant a report or two, but in your case, Cadenza, you should definitely report her, or get in contact with a mod. There's a line when it comes to stalking and she's crossed it. No- It's not stalking anymore, it's plain harassment.

Precious Sweetheart

9,100 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Generous 100
Last Client
Wow, that is some serious stalker you have. o _ o I really don't understand why someone would go through such heights to copy someone else.

Personally, I've never had any stalkers, but I did have friend who was a victim of a stalker. My friend was stalked by a girl who wanted to get into an online relationship with him. They would follow him into Towns and what-not. It was annoying at best, I guess. Not serious enough to warrant a report or two, but in your case, Cadenza, you should definitely report her, or get in contact with a mod. There's a line when it comes to stalking and she's crossed it. No- It's not stalking anymore, it's plain harassment.

Oh, I have. In fact, this is the third report that I've had to file on her in less than a month. I even warned her, in a non-reportable and non-threatening way, that what she's doing is against the ToS. All of it. She doesn't seem to care as long as she can create more accounts and lie.

Oh, well. Looks like lessons will be learned the hard way.~

Stone-cold Cat

20,840 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200
Yeah.
I have.
This girl my ex fiance got pregnant used to stalk me on gaia (on my old account) then run back to him and make up lies about me before he and i broke up, apparently i flirted with other guys and was cheating, i wasn't.
But she told him she'd seen it on my gaia.
Caused so much s**t so much s**t.
I'd block her, she'd get mules, she'd stalk my friends profiles, their posts, looking for mention of me.

So when he and i broke up, i abandoned that account, made it private and came here.. only telling 10 people i moved and they could only be added under the condition they called me Alice and not my actual name.

2.5 years later, i'm letting people call me my actual name again, cause i feel safe from that crazy b***h.
yis.

Adored Evader

User Image
The girl she is talking about is definitely crazy. >w<;
She somehow found me on Facebook a couple years back and I didn't even have any information on myself on here. Like my last name or anything (though I would never put my last name on here for the public). She didn't live near me or found me through a mutual friend either. Then I found out she was the same stalker stalking me on here.
The chick has issues. >w<;;;

Tricky Cat

Princess Mi Amore Cadenza

emotion_bigheart So, I now have this fourteen year old girl who stalks a friend of mine and myself. She steals graphics from our pages
Sucks!

any images we use (even commissions that we pay for or things we make ourselves),
Sucks! (Though, depending on the licenses on the art, she may be allowed to do this)

and copies our avatars.
Cant fault her for that. +IF shes an MLP fan, she's dumb because she could be doing a more accurate MLPlay.

When we give her a warning and ask her to stop or to please remove the images, she blocks us,
She's completely entitled to do this. I've been blocked for wearing the same ears as someone. s**t happens.

puts up a notice on the profile claiming that she is quitting and was bullied off of Gaia,
Are you doing anything to prove this? Are you repeatedly contacting her and her friends? Are you using alts? Even if you think she's wrong, if you ARE repeatedly bothering her...

and then makes a whole new account and repeats the cycle. She has about 30 or so accounts that she does this on and I've reported her about three times so far.

She pretended to be an army wife in order to be added by my friend and today, she made a whole new mule and tried to add me. Yesterday, I had to report her for trying to buy my username off of me.

I never had a problem with this girl until she started doing this. Hell, I even gifted things to her before I found out that she was a psychopath.

Have you ever had a Gaia stalker?

How long did it last and how did you handle the situation?

Opinions in bold.
Also, anecdotal thread that barely made it into the GCD is anecdotal.

Anyways, I don't have gaia stalkers, instead I have MMO stalkers. A couple of exes of mine distributing nakie pics, random people adding me, harrassing me, etc. The compliments, insults, galore! Exes making alts to be my friend and asking me how my life is.

I guess they want to know if my life sucks yet?
I just laugh it off.

As for the nudies, I ended up using it as a reference for a digital painting/study and then posted it to my DA. Can't be shy about something I've drawn, right?

Precious Sweetheart

9,100 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Generous 100
Vanilla Bunnie
User Image
The girl she is talking about is definitely crazy. >w<;
She somehow found me on Facebook a couple years back and I didn't even have any information on myself on here. Like my last name or anything (though I would never put my last name on here for the public. She didn't live near me or found me through a mutual friend either. Then I found out she was the same stalker stalking me on here.
The chick has issues. >w<;;;

No, bby, no. WE'RE the crazy ones. How dare we not let someone do this to us.
It's like, the rules of like, feminism. Like.~ emotion_awesome

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces