Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fluffy Trickster

Slick Southpaw
personally I've enjoyed Gaia regardless of item accessibility

mostly because Gaia clearly favors what makes them money so if you like other things than what sells you're sol

but that's okay

cos there's other things besides pixels that keep me here

it's also better since you get to save yourself from wanting item and not being able to get it

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

Sileaf
Slick Southpaw

mostly because Gaia clearly favors what makes them money so if you like other things than what sells you're sol

but that's okay

it's also better since you get to save yourself from wanting item and not being able to get it

just means I waste my imaginary currency on arts and failbribes for project tickets.

Like, I don't intentionally boycott GCash

there's VERY LITTLE that interests me. I'm not compelled to spend because it's so much frills and girly shiz everywhere.

s'okay I got my caffeine budget firmly established thanks to Gaia's focus.

Fluffy Trickster

Slick Southpaw
Sileaf
Slick Southpaw

but that's okay

just means I waste my imaginary currency on arts and failbribes for project tickets.

there's VERY LITTLE that interests me. I'm not compelled to spend because it's so much frills and girly shiz everywhere.

ahahaha, you are likely will still spend on those even if they sold item you liked in GC
it's still worthwhile since you get the ticket

same here, I don't boycott GC myself.
I don't have any ill will toward GC, just their marketing tactics.

save more money and get to use it on other stuff.
that's also a good thing.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

Sileaf
Slick Southpaw
Sileaf
Slick Southpaw

but that's okay

ahahaha, you are likely will still spend on those even if they sold item you liked in GC

I don't have any ill will toward GC, just their marketing tactics.

you know me too well ;w;

even if I had ample income

I still wouldn't be spending much because Gaia is not enticing me very much

Fluffy Trickster

Slick Southpaw
Sileaf

I don't have any dislike toward GC, just their marketing tactics.

you know me too well ;w;

even if I had ample income

I still wouldn't be spending much because Gaia is not enticing me very much

I wish it is in my case too
Gaia still manage to come up with item I like from time to time
it's nice they make stuff that is enticing, but bad because i will be frustrated at the price
even if they make it now that GC can get you item and harder without
GC is still just a currency, a tool. you don't blame the tool.

Tactical Tamer

I still enjoy Gaia, but I wish they'd get someone to take over that actually cares because lately it seems like whoever is running things is completely full of greed. Everything now seems to be about a quick way to get cash out of people. I mean cash shop announcements used to be 1-3 a week, and now when I log in I have ten announcements 99% of which are all for the cash shop just for one day. I feel like they literally are trying to shove them down my throat. Not to mention gold gens were released to basically screw over the user economy and try to force people to buy GC. Don't care what anyone says they had to have known what it would do considering it's basic economics. I'm just worried at how much longer Gaia will actually last with the current direction it's going.

Tipsy Genius

I don't have an overall negative opinion of Gaia. I have a lot of respect for the developers, programmers and artists. I also don't think the marketing team is the problem, but rather the person (or people) leading them and giving them specific assignments, and the apparent lack of communication/coherence between the different departments.

My experience with the community is also pretty 50-50. Even though I don't always agree, I'll always back someone who can offer proper feedback or express dissatisfaction without attacking anyone (especially the wrong people) and spreading misinformation. However, I've been very bothered by the amount of inflammatory spam I've been seeing lately, and the whole trend of unilateral ranting in discussion/feedback forums.

As for the inflation, I wholeheartedly hate it. It's not a problem for me at the moment, but the market is way too unstable. It's always been a gamble, but never such a short-term one. It's holding a lot of users back and that's unfortunate.

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
"only cost 32 bill" @_@ Zimbabwe 100 Trillion dollar bills coming soon! lol

Kawaii Spirit

Bourbon Whiskey
I still enjoy Gaia a great deal. There are always two sides to these threads like "Too easy to get items now and it's no fun" or "too hard to get items now and it's no fun" and truly Gaia can't win for losing. They are damned if they do, damned if they don't.

I think the issue here is that items have become too hard to get without cash. It used to be possible to quest items (even the really rare ones) without buying GC. It's no longer possible now.

Hero

mayakko
Bourbon Whiskey
I still enjoy Gaia a great deal. There are always two sides to these threads like "Too easy to get items now and it's no fun" or "too hard to get items now and it's no fun" and truly Gaia can't win for losing. They are damned if they do, damned if they don't.

I think the issue here is that items have become too hard to get without cash. It used to be possible to quest items (even the really rare ones) without buying GC. It's no longer possible now.
Anything is possible. With some hard work, price judging prowess and a good eye for a deal anybody can do some vending. I transferred 2mil over to a mule of mine and strictly used that to see how much I could truly vend and I turned that into 4.3bil in two weeks. After that was made, it was easier to move onto bigger items that would yield more vend profit and so on and so forth.
So it is doable.

Kawaii Spirit

Bourbon Whiskey
mayakko
Bourbon Whiskey

Anything is possible. With some hard work, price judging prowess and a good eye for a deal anybody can do some vending. I transferred 2mil over to a mule of mine and strictly used that to see how much I could truly vend and I turned that into 4.3bil in two weeks. After that was made, it was easier to move onto bigger items that would yield more vend profit and so on and so forth.
So it is doable.

The market is too unstable and all the gold that you worked hard for can be worthless within two weeks. The items you invested in can be re-released at any time and lose value, including your LQIs which can be "recolored" in a barely noticeable way and re-released (see Counterfeit Bride). Your 4.3bil cannot even buy most CS items, let alone a LQI. By the time you turn that into 40bil, the items that were 40bil will be 60bil. I ask you, how does a newbie manage to get anything on this site? How does the average gaian do it? It is not possible.

Yeah, I'm sure sometimes people manage, but to imply that it's perfectly doable is disingenuous at best. No it isn't. If it was perfectly doable, I wouldn't have lost damn near everything and my quests wouldn't have been ruined. I have been here since 2003 and I know how to vend, I still got screwed when Gaia re-released the 03s and 04s that they had promised they'd never re-release.

You can't trust Gaia and you can't trust the MP and you can't invest safely anymore. They're doing this on purpose to make people buy GC. They don't want the market to be stable and they don't want things to be affordable without GC. That's the whole point of their strategy and it's working.

Hero

mayakko
Bourbon Whiskey
mayakko
Bourbon Whiskey

So it is doable.

The market is too unstable and all the gold that you worked hard for can be worthless within two weeks. The items you invested in can be re-released at any time and lose value, including your LQIs which can be "recolored" in a barely noticeable way and re-released (see Counterfeit Bride). Your 4.3bil cannot even buy most CS items, let alone a LQI. By the time you turn that into 40bil, the items that were 40bil will be 60bil. I ask you, how does a newbie manage to get anything on this site? How does the average gaian do it? It is not possible.

Yeah, I'm sure sometimes people manage, but to imply that it's perfectly doable is disingenuous at best. No it isn't. If it was perfectly doable, I wouldn't have lost damn near everything and my quests wouldn't have been ruined. I have been here since 2003 and I know how to vend, I still got screwed when Gaia re-released the 03s and 04s that they had promised they'd never re-release.

You can't trust Gaia and you can't trust the MP and you can't invest safely anymore. They're doing this on purpose to make people buy GC. They don't want the market to be stable and they don't want things to be affordable without GC. That's the whole point of their strategy and it's working.
That's the name of the game, dude. Nothing in this world is an absolute guarantee from one day to the next. For Gaia to be held to a higher standard than life itself is laughable. Bad calls get made, good calls get made and s**t happens. And as much as I hate to be that guy, if it's that terrible why do people continue to stay? Particularly the doomsday preachers, lol. Either way, I guess it's really all a matter of opinion anyways.

Kawaii Spirit

Bourbon Whiskey
That's the name of the game, dude. Nothing in this world is an absolute guarantee from one day to the next. For Gaia to be held to a higher standard than life itself is laughable. Bad calls get made, good calls get made and s**t happens. And as much as I hate to be that guy, if it's that terrible why do people continue to stay? Particularly the doomsday preachers, lol. Either way, I guess it's really all a matter of opinion anyways.

I'm not holding Gaia to a higher standard than life. It's like a game that you used be able to play all the way through and suddenly the only way to advance is to buy power ups. It ******** sucks and you feel cheated. Come on, dude. It's not rocket science. It's pretty easy to understand.

I never said Gaia was terrible or whatever though. It's terrible that I can't quest items != this site is terrible.

8,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Overstocked 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Bourbon Whiskey
mayakko
Bourbon Whiskey

So it is doable.
4.3bil is like 100-400GC, which you could make in a day if starting from scratch. O focurse using a mule to earn gcash is bannable I believe?

Perfect Saint

Although, I've been spending far more than I've ever had on Gaia lately, I have been getting items that I always wanted(or versions thereof) and that pleases me. I just wish Gaia doesn't make me regret purchasing them by making them available for a lower price later on. I used to be more patient with getting items, but I would say I made myself used to impulse buying atmosphere too much. That does have to stop some time. I can get burned only so many times, right?

RIIIGGGHHTT???? sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces