Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Which Halloween Event Was Your Favorite?

Halloween 2k3 - Trick or Treat 0.064561651084847 6.5% [ 366 ]
Halloween 2k4 - Labtech X and Zombies 0.082377844417005 8.2% [ 467 ]
Halloween 2k5 - Grunnies 0.10654436408538 10.7% [ 604 ]
Halloween 2k6 - Invasion of the Zurg 0.054506967719174 5.5% [ 309 ]
Halloween 2k7 - Von Helsons 0.086082201446463 8.6% [ 488 ]
Halloween 2k8 - Human v Dark Elf v Vampire v Zombie 0.17798553536779 17.8% [ 1009 ]
Halloween 2k9 - S.I.N v B.O.O. 0.16634327041806 16.6% [ 943 ]
Halloween 2k10 - Grave Danger 0.12347856764862 12.3% [ 700 ]
Halloween 2k11 - Masquerade/Moonrise 0.10354559887105 10.4% [ 587 ]
Halloween 2k12 - The Don 0.034573998941612 3.5% [ 196 ]
Total Votes:[ 5669 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 74 75 76 77 78 >

DamonD77's Wife

Sparkling Senshi

14,025 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Noble Shade 100
I always wanted to be a part of 2k9 S.I.N v B.O.O. but I joined Gaia about a week too late. sweatdrop
BTW, Please un-soulbind the skins darn it! I love both of them & it's annoying that they're
one of the few event items I can't just buy off the MP if I missed them... *has a sad* crying

My favorite will always be 2k10 Grave Danger because of my dear [NPC] Pancakes. emotion_bigheart
(I love her to bits.) whee I had fun playing the game (& you earned some cool stuff too).

Opinionated Completionist

7,600 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Married 100
  • Unstoppable Egg Hunter 250
The werewolf thing, definitely.

Man-Hungry Elocutionist

12,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Popular Thread 100
2008 was definitely hands-down my favourite in terms of gameplay. All I want is please no Towns 2. In my years of being on Gaia, I have done every event, and gotten all the event items, and I couldn't do this years Summer Event because Towns 2 is hideously broken for me. D: It crushed my heart a little bit.

Tipsy Sex Symbol

MidnightChaos
I hope the admin are taking into consideration that there are more people here now than there were in 2003. Of course people are going to vote for their favorite event being only during the years they have been here and since gaia has grown a lot since 2003, I think everyone who got here in what, 2008 isn't going to vote for anything before they got here. So I think we should show them an old school good time, how we did back in '03-'04, when I would wait impatiently all day at school to get to the events, they were that great. All of the events lately haven't been the same, so my opinion is, try to set things up like they used to be for the new halloween event.

Agreed.

Hot Lop

The only two Halloween events that really stood out for me were BOO vs SIN and Grave Danger. I liked the Von Helson vs Kuro Gang one too, but I didn't like having to post to get energy, post to attack, posting, posting, posting....
I like games where you can move up the ranks for your team, which is why I probably liked the first two Halloween events that I participated in the best. It felt a little more like you were earning your way up instead of spamming for items or points.

Divine Fairy

11,400 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Uncle Kenny

Grave Danger was my first Halloween here. The following two years scored way way down on the list. So much so that I hardly participated in Halloween 2k11 - Masquerade/Moonrise, and did not participate at all in Halloween 2k12 - The Don. I logged in, took a look around, was dissapointed and logged off.

Look forward to something better this year!

O.G. Gaian

15,100 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Clambake 200
GRUNNIES!!!

These new Gaians don't know of the awesomeness that was the grunny halloween event!!

Old events > new events!

Lily-livered Vegetarian

30,415 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
There are aspects of past events that I really liked... Having a forum-based game component is a must for me, though. It's easier to spend time hanging out, making new friends, playing silly forum games and still participating this way.

Towns 2 could be a piece of things once its more annoying quirks are ironed out. I couldn't really enjoy the fluff event there this summer, because every time I tried to play there, things went horribly, horribly wrong, even with the fixes coming down the line every few days. The idea behind the event was great, but the actual gameplay was frustrating. I also didn't feel like there was much chance for real interaction with others the way the in-flash games were set up.

I did love playing ghost hunters in ZOMG! (and trick-or-treating, caroling, and easter chick hunting there too, for that matter). Hunting for things, random scavenger hunt type things in flash spaces are a little more fun than repetitive standalone games that get old (like 4 million games of tic tac toe- fun at first, but awful after a while when you're trying for the big achievements).

The NPC interaction leading up to the Zurg invasion was a blast, and I liked that it incorporated both towns 1 and the forums.

I think the key, even if there is a flash-based component, is to make sure that there's an interactive forum part, too.

I have a weird nostalgia for the grunny event. Not because it was fun (it was infuriating), but because it turned into a war of attrition to get the darned stage 5. I got mine, but I don't view the process of getting that achievement as "fun." The whole thing just got so mean-spirited, and I think that's something to be avoided at all costs in the future. I finally had to make a thread about Hemingway just to keep people from being jerks in it (no one posted there but my IRL friends who were in on the joke). Apparently no one wants to discuss Hemingway during an event, just so you know.

Thanks for asking for input. Halloween is always my favorite thing on Gaia, and I'm looking forward to whatever gets put together!

Dangerous Lover

I thought 2k8's event was really fun. It was the only one I got really involved in, and I loved how much time I could kill playing for hours.

Quotable Gekko

9,400 Points
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Partygoer 500
I liked the 2k8 event, but I really enjoyed Grave Robber as well- but mostly for it's theme.

Greedy Gawker

5,050 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
Uncle Kenny
Summer is done and that means Halloween is looming ever larger. It is, without question, our biggest event on the site and being the 10th anniversary, I thought it would be a good time to look back and reflect on where things have come since 2003. So tell me, which was your favorite? Why? Did you hate one? Trick question, if you say yes then you hate freedom.

And before anyone says it, no, I'm not mining you for ideas. We have our basic gameplan for this year already and yes, it will be awesome. This thread though is just about past Halloweens.

mwah ha ha i am new, i haven't been around for a halloween yet... im really looking forward to it since its my favorite holliday. i can't wait to be impressed!

Greedy Gawker

5,050 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
Sir Deranged Reindeer
2008 was definitely hands-down my favourite in terms of gameplay. All I want is please no Towns 2. In my years of being on Gaia, I have done every event, and gotten all the event items, and I couldn't do this years Summer Event because Towns 2 is hideously broken for me. D: It crushed my heart a little bit.

what's an elocutionist?

Angelic Sex Symbol

30,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Winged 100
  • Generous 100
This feedback is already gonna suck because there aren't a lot of people left who would remember anything before 2005. . emotion_donotwant

Friendly Phantom

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tycoon 200
Although I only officially joined gaia in '08, I remember my friend raving about the grunny infestations, the zombie attack, and the zurg invasion.

Halloween the year before Grave Danger, I was posting about how us ghosts were under appreciated and would not be ignored. Imagine my elation when it actually happened!

Ghosts haven't had much ground in Gaia's history. Vampires, sure, zombies, you bet, aliens, yup yup, but only one year for ghosts, and only a handful of items to reflect that.

That being said, Grave Danger rocked. I liked the gameplay of that one, the variety of new NPCs, and the user opinions on the final end for those NPCs. crying Many heartfelt goodbyes were had.

Even though I can't participate in flash based events anymore, I'd love to see another Grave Danger-like event.

Enduring Hero

I don't even remember what year I joined Gaia, I only remember that I became active in 2008, so I probably don't remember/missed most of the events from before.
So from the perspective of 2008 onwards-- I think i'd go with grave danger. These days it's a heck of a lot posting to do stuff, which isn't very fun. It's more of a tedious thing to do.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff