Welcome to Gaia! ::

Captain Drunken
Most Gaians are greedy bastards. Then, there are the enlightened souls who don't spam, who don't poll whore, who spell and capitalize and use punctuation. There are those saints who sell for decent prices and donate to charity or give items to friends.

They're just over-shadowed by spammers and noobs, and people who buy the decently priced items for the sole purpose of turning around to market them again at a higher price.

Actually, most of those 'enlightened souls' who don't spam, who don't poll whore, who spell and capitalize and use punctuation are somewhat greedy too. If you only want what you need, then you are considered 'not greedy' in my opinion. And I don't know of anyone who's so much of a 'saint' they want things that they don't need.

As for the 'people who buy the decently priced items for the sole purpose of turning around to market them at a higher price' part, as I've said before, SUPPLY AND DEMAND. If people don't buy those items, the price will decrease. :/
Dancingflames
Captain Drunken
Most Gaians are greedy bastards. Then, there are the enlightened souls who don't spam, who don't poll whore, who spell and capitalize and use punctuation. There are those saints who sell for decent prices and donate to charity or give items to friends.

They're just over-shadowed by spammers and noobs, and people who buy the decently priced items for the sole purpose of turning around to market them again at a higher price.

Actually, most of those 'enlightened souls' who don't spam, who don't poll whore, who spell and capitalize and use punctuation are somewhat greedy too. If you only want what you need, then you are considered 'not greedy' in my opinion. And I don't know of anyone who's so much of a 'saint' they want things that they don't need.

As for the 'people who buy the decently priced items for the sole purpose of turning around to market them at a higher price' part, as I've said before, SUPPLY AND DEMAND. If people don't buy those items, the price will decrease. :/
Technically, as none of the items on Gaia are physical food, water or shelter, we don't NEED any of them. That said, I know a number of people who would like a Devil Tail or Halo, know they'll never get it, accept it and go on to help others and get affordable items. I worked hard to get my Avatar dressed like he is, but now that he's there, I'm happy and content with it. I can't see chasing down expensive items and trying to be greedy like the Marketplace ticket-pimps and such anytime in the near future.
Captain Drunken
I can't see chasing down expensive items and trying to be greedy like the Marketplace ticket-pimps and such anytime in the near future.

So what you're trying to say is, people who think they might have a chance to get one of the '03 donation items are greedy?
Dancingflames
Captain Drunken
I can't see chasing down expensive items and trying to be greedy like the Marketplace ticket-pimps and such anytime in the near future.

So what you're trying to say is, people who think they might have a chance to get one of the '03 donation items are greedy?
No. I never said that. In the line you quoted, all I said was that people who pimp tickets are greedy.

Aside from that, I think that people who ask for donations for a Halo or D-Tail with a starting fund of 1k are greedy.
parrot-chan
somnolence

grass is green.
gaians are greedy.
the end.
=)
But my grass is brown! gonk

Well, Madagascar's grass is blue. So THERE. >_<
I've seen a lot of idiotic sales as well =/ can't be helped. Some people = stupid?
i agree with you. the people are corrupted.
Ana-kun
C.M.O.G.
You want to know what's worse? Try looking up store itmes at the marketplace. I did that the other day and I could not find 1 single item that was selling for LESS then the store listed price IN FACT EVERY ITEM WAS LISTED ABOVE THE STORE PRICE!!!!

gonk what the ******** is wrong with people?

I HATE THAT gonk When the marketplace was first released, I looked at it as a fast and easy way to get discounted store items I had wanted for awhile, and to sell back things I didn't wear anymore for a little less than what I bought them for. But now I can't even do that anymore. I know the exchange is much better when it comes to that these days, but it just isn't as efficient...

It's a friggen waste of such a good system.

I've done that with a yellow guppy... for storage, because it has sentimental value, and I wanted to fish in Bass'ken. So I put it up for a ridiculously high pirce in hopes that no one would buy it. My Idea was successful, but I got a n00b pming me about how ridicoulosly high it is and that I should go ******** a horse, and other insults. He's on my ignore list. Put him on yours too. His name is: Tombstonepiledriver.
Captain Drunken
Dancingflames
Captain Drunken

No. I never said that. In the line you quoted, all I said was that people who pimp tickets are greedy.

Aside from that, I think that people who ask for donations for a Halo or D-Tail with a starting fund of 1k are greedy.

Maybe they aren't greedy. Maybe they're just newbies who don't know the cost of halos and devil tails.

Eloquent Lunatic

C.M.O.G.
You want to know what's worse? Try looking up store itmes at the marketplace. I did that the other day and I could not find 1 single item that was selling for LESS then the store listed price IN FACT EVERY ITEM WAS LISTED ABOVE THE STORE PRICE!!!!

sweatdrop
I always sell them for less. Thats pretty sad, I just checked it out. People are dumb.
somnolence

grass is green.
gaians are greedy.
the end.
=)

I like your story 3nodding
Everywhere you go,
Anywhere you look.
No matter what the scent,
No matter what you feel.
even if your happy,
and everyone is sad.
There will always be greed,
There will always be... evil.
Da-V-Man
Ana-kun
C.M.O.G.

I HATE THAT gonk When the marketplace was first released, I looked at it as a fast and easy way to get discounted store items I had wanted for awhile, and to sell back things I didn't wear anymore for a little less than what I bought them for. But now I can't even do that anymore. I know the exchange is much better when it comes to that these days, but it just isn't as efficient...

It's a friggen waste of such a good system.

I've done that with a yellow guppy... for storage, because it has sentimental value, and I wanted to fish in Bass'ken. So I put it up for a ridiculously high pirce in hopes that no one would buy it. My Idea was successful, but I got a n00b pming me about how ridicoulosly high it is and that I should go ******** a horse, and other insults. He's on my ignore list. Put him on yours too. His name is: Tombstonepiledriver.

No. No, in fact, I won't. How in the world is everyone on Gaia supposed to know that you were using the marketplace for "storage". The marketplace is for selling items. Not storing them. You deserve to be flamed.
Now. Go ******** a horse.
Well, in my opinion it is obvious that they are... Come on! They're just trying to find someone stupid enough to buy them at a stupidly high price. stare
what kind of community would this be if the economy wasnt driven by one of the 7 deadly sins? surprised

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff