Welcome to Gaia! ::

I think that special item for vets is a great idea the only thing I can see wrong with it are some vets will try to sell in the market for way more then it should be, and then that will cause even more people to complain.

Business Businessman

Why discriminte about join date? I've been on gaia since December '03, I have 549 gold to my name, and a decent, if not a bit small, wardrobe.

I worked hard to get my uber expensive items (like my devil's tail, and OMG), and I personally don't think that join date should be an issue to any aspect of gaia life - it just creates another layer of elitism that should not exist in the first place

Invisible Friend

I don't think that there should be rewards just for being on Gaia for so long. It makes it unfair for those who have not. If anyone thinks that they should deserve special treatment, such as discounts or special items, just because of their status, they are here for the wrong reasons. Being around for so long has given vets the opportunity to get some of the avatar items from events that now, are far too expensive for many users to even acquire. Being active in the events and getting all the items you can from them should be your reward. So yeah.

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
aloever
Kamiki
I'm not arguing that Gaia vets should get a discount, I don't.

I'm arguing about your remark saying that its bullshit when old Gaians are assumed to be rich just because they have an old item
well that's fine and all, and I understand your point. but you also have to understand that even though you don't choose to sell your items for their worth that they do still hold worth. if you compared your current avie and say a savings of 5k to a dude with nothing but socks and a savings of a 100k, youd still be considered the far richer gaian. why? because you have a net worth over 40mil in just 2 things you have on. say what you want about how nice store items are, Im sure you wouldn't ever trade away your ports for the pimpin set because you recognise their value aswell. and if they suddenly decided to sell all the old donation items in stores, I think you'd feel horribly ripped off because you know your items are worth alot even though you never intend on selling them.

To me, however, net worth and disposible worth are two seperate things.

I have a net worth of over 250million gold. I'm not going to even try and say that I'm not rich. But thats mostly in a majority of items that I NEVER intend on selling, or at least selling in a very long while. I hoarde things for art contests and the like, plus I have a full donation and event set that I worked very hard for and intend on keeping for myself.

Fine, Thats true. Just flatout, yes, I'm rich.

But, after the items update I had 210 gold. What me, and a few other people are complaining abuot, is the assuption that we don't have a right to complain about "being broke" when the store updates, or people beg for gold or donations.

I HATE it when people ask for money for me. I hate it even worse when I say "Sorry, I'm too broke to donate to you." and they snap back with "How the hell can you be broke and have a Halo?"

My donation items are NOT FOR SALE. Yes, they have value, but they DO NOT factor when I'm trying to decide how much gold I have to spend on an art auction, or donate, or buy store items. They are non-negotiable.

Thats what Vets mean when they say "I'm SO POOR!" They have no gold items they are willing to spend on things they want.

Buggy Nymph

58,625 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
Also, Kamiki, sort of building on your point of the differences of "net worth" and "disposible worth".

Now, like many Gaians, I have a fox set. Together, they're about... maybe 3k? But, I was more willing to sell a Musketeer Top when I once ran low on funds. Why? The fox set is easily replacable.

Because of their sentimental value. They were my first quest and oldest items. I sold my peasent clothes and early bought items long ago, but the set remains because I like it.

I'm sorry if this had nothing to do with your point, Kamiki. ^^;;; Though I'd never sell my scarf if I was low on funds. I luff it, too~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff